Hogan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hogan

I tell you what if half are players had as much enthusiasm and desire as this young man we would be well up the table.

I'm a big fan of his, but he's not as good as Wayne just yet. I hope he gets a chance to prove himself but at this stage I'd still have Routs over him
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by andysintonshead View Post
      I tell you what if half are players had as much enthusiasm and desire as this young man we would be well up the table.
      Here here, but that doesn't win us matches though..... But, still agree with your sentiments, SOME OTHERS IN THE TEAM, SHOULD TAKE NOTE!

hopefully Quashie & Cook up for a playing spot will bring the others along too!

Comment

Originally posted by andysintonshead View Post
        agreedamondo sints old chap...........i like hogan......thoroughly decent young chap and for me worth an extended run in place of the lack luster buzsacky!!!
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Agree no where near as good as Wayne, but his hunger will make him a very good pro, I just hope that is with us. He is very well thought of in the game

Comment

id keep him ahead of vain wayne,buzz and aggy for starters!
            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

good attitude but average player, classic example of rangers fan exaggerating the quality of our squad. and nowhere near as good as routledge (and not even all that much younger).

Comment

Has the ability to be a top player.... I hope Mick can get the best out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  good attitude but average player, classic example of rangers fan exaggerating the quality of our squad. and nowhere near as good as routledge (and not even all that much younger).
                  He's 4 years younger than Routledge which is massive amount of time in football. Would you rather a 16 year old Fabregas or a 20 year old Fabregas?

Sousa thought he was good enough which is good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post

Well said sire
                    God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                      He's 4 years younger than Routledge which is massive amount of time in football. Would you rather a 16 year old Fabregas or a 20 year old Fabregas?

Are you comparing Hogan (or Routledge for that matter) to Fabregas Sir Pie? And to think you are normally one of the voices of sanity around here. Take your point that he is younger and might develop into a half decent player but I don't see him as someone you cd chuck into the team this season and expect to propel us up the league. He didn't even set the world alight in the third tier while on loan to Leeds. If Sousa really thought he was quite so magical it is a little odd, is it not, that he has not tried to sign a player who considering he is out of the team and QPR seem prepared to sell pretty well anybody must be available?

Comment

imo hogan gets a lot of unwarranted stick. a lot of people think he is overrated, which is rubbish if you ask me. hogan is one of the brightest talents we have, and still young. if this guy gets more playing time he will get better.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Are you comparing Hogan (or Routledge for that matter) to Fabregas Sir Pie? And to think you are normally one of the voices of sanity around here. Take your point that he is younger and might develop into a half decent player but I don't see him as someone you cd chuck into the team this season and expect to propel us up the league. He didn't even set the world alight in the third tier while on loan to Leeds. If Sousa really thought he was quite so magical it is a little odd, is it not, that he has not tried to sign a player who considering he is out of the team and QPR seem prepared to sell pretty well anybody must be available?
                          Of course I'm not comparing him to Fabregas you silly billy.

I'm saying that 4 years in football is such a massive amount of time that footballers can develop from decent players to world beaters in that time. Ronaldo and Rooney are other examples of good players who've become great in 4 years time.

Hogan Ephraim at 20 is better than Wayne Routledge aged 20. Some players aren't made out for playing at a lower level - Lee Bowyer is a good example of this - 1 goal in 17 games for Brum last year in the CCC they go up a level and now look at him.

I don't want Routledge to be sold but I have confidence in Ephraim to become a better footballer than Routledge. As for Sousa not wanting him probably has something to do with Dyer being bought by the club before he was appointed.

Comment

Oh, OK take your point, being slow.

Is Hogan really better than Routledge at 20 though? I stand to be corrected but hadnt he played for the EU21s and had also been a first team player in a a Palace promotion winning team???? Hogan has never been a first team regular, anywhere. Looked good on loan for us - when our expectations were lower - and has shown occasional flashes since, often against lower league opposition in the cup, but not sure he has done a huge amount else. Not writing him off and wd be v happy to be proved totally wrong about him, but just haven't seen anything that special from him yet.

Comment

Oh, OK take your point, being slow.

Is Hogan really better than Routledge at 20 though? I stand to be corrected but hadnt he played for the EU21s and had also been a first team player in a a Palace promotion winning team???? Hogan has never been a first team regular, anywhere. Looked good on loan for us - when our expectations were lower - and has shown occasional flashes since, often against lower league opposition in the cup, but not sure he has done a huge amount else. Not writing him off and wd be v happy to be proved totally wrong about him, but just haven't seen anything that special from him yet.
                              WR follows the money and doesn't settle down. He is (IMO) Mr Inconsistent (again I don't want to see him sold) and the sort that this week will kiss our badge and next week someone elses if they pay him more. I would rather Ephraim in the trenches if you know what I mean. He'll stand up and be counted and deserves an extended run in the side IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X