QPR's promotion to the PL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR's promotion to the PL

The way the club is being run, I predict that the following teams will return to the PL before QPR.

This season: Newcastle - Forest - West Brom

And over the next few seasons will are likely to see the following clubs make a return:

Leeds - Leicester - Ipswich - Southampton - Norwich

I recall a few years ago an Icel;andic group bought Stoke and promised the Earth and delivered sweet f.a.

I think we may now be seeing their equivalents at QPR.
    Last edited by stanistheman; 22-01-2010, 06:50 PM.

true

Comment

last season we missed our boat...

this seasons league is alot harder than last.. if we dont go up i wont be surprised.
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

we will not reach the prem in the near future or the distant future.....

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
          we will not reach the prem in the near future or the distant future.....
          not under the ownership of flavio briatore and his cronies we wont.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            not under the ownership of flavio briatore and his cronies we wont.
            starting to hate the board now...was fine okish with decent players not coming in....but the club is now rumoured to be selling our better players so have nothing to thank them for.......

Comment

starting to hate the board now...was fine okish with decent players not coming in....but the club is now rumoured to be selling our better players so have nothing to thank them for.......
              Yeh I am feeling the same, awful decisions
              CHAMPIONS
              Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                The way the club is being run, I predict that the following teams will return to the PL before QPR.

This season: Newcastle - Forest - West Brom

And over the next few seasons will are likely to see the following clubs make a return:

Leeds - Leicester - Ipswich - Southampton - Norwich

I recall a few years ago an Icel;andic group bought Stoke and promised the Earth and delivered sweet f.a.

I think we may now be seeing their equivalents at QPR.
                You forgot Luton, Oxford and Forest Green!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                  the way the club is being run, i predict that the following teams will return to the pl before qpr.

This season: Newcastle - forest - west brom

and over the next few seasons will are likely to see the following clubs make a return:

leeds - leicester - ipswich - southampton - norwich

i recall a few years ago an icel;andic group bought stoke and promised the earth and delivered sweet f.a.

I think we may now be seeing their equivalents at qpr.
                  why? Why? Why? Why?

Comment

Originally posted by QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER View Post
                    why? Why? Why? Why?

You don't think Leeds, Ipswich, Southampton or Norwich will go up then.

I do, and I'll tell you why.

Leeds have a terrific fan base and will have the momentum to go up, just like Manc City did a few years back and how Forest are doing this season.

Ipswich have decent support, a manager who has won the CCC title before and owners who are prepared to spend some money. They backed Magilton and now Keane.

Southampton - Have very good support from fans and even have a rich owner who lets Pardew, a manger who knows what he is doing a free reign. They have a decent chance of going up via the play-offs this season.

Norwich - a terrific loyal support averaging more than 25,000 this season , even last sesaon when they were crap.

Another thing all of these clubs have is a very good Youth set up and often seem to find good young players and bring them through the system.

I suggest many of our fans stop looking through rose tinted specs at QPR as some kind of special club.

I agree with Gary, QPR should have gone up last season and possibly would have if Sousa had been given the funds to buy a striker to partner or replace Blackstock. He had the defence sorted, and a goal scorer would have turned some of those 0-0 bore draws into 1-0 wins, which would have earned a play-off place.

It took Bristol City 60 years to win promotion in back to the top flight in 1976 and unless the Board have a change of attitude, it could be a very long time before QPR make it back to the top flight.

If we take the 4 year plan in year terms not seasons, and start it from the takeover in 2007, then QPR need to win promotion in time for the 2011/12 season, i.e. this season or next. From what I can see, QPR are not much nearer now, than they were back then.
                    Last edited by stanistheman; 23-01-2010, 12:46 AM.

Comment

qpr will never go up if we keep sacking managers every two seconds.
                      paulo sousa is doing a great job at swansea, and we should have
                      kept di canio AND dowie before that. the dumbest, most idiotic owner
                      in football is the cheat, flavio briatore. I think the stupid italian wants to be manager himself, but he doesn't have the balls.

Comment

same as mate. its pretty obvious to me that, if they do sell routledge, the have no intention of taking us forward. i mean, how can they? how can they take us forward by selling our best players and keeping the deadwood?
                        they are here to line their pockets imo.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Can't see us getting promoted under the current circus!

Comment

Working...
                          X