Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Basic Sums - Part IV - Please Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Basic Sums - Part IV - Please Help.

How long can the board continue spending at the rate they are spending?

If you read enough of my posts you'll know I'm grateful for some of the squad improvements and am glad to still have a team to support but I also can't understand why the club continue to waste money.

We average a little under 13,500 fans per home game, which over the course of 23 home match is just over 300,000 people through the turnstile. On top of the average ticket price most fans will only spend a few pounds around the ground either buying a programme, having a pint or once in a while investing in some memorabilia. So for argument sake lets say that each fan spends £35 in total (£35 x 300,000) that's £10.8m in revenue at the ground a year. Rougly £210k a week in income. Of course there is expenditure from fans buying the club magazine, QPR Player, shirt sales etc but that is unlikely to be another £10m is it? Let's say half of that and that comes to £15m from us the fans? Is that a fair figure - Pete? Nodge?

We currently have 32 players add backroom staff, press officers, tea lady and all the other people that work at the club (does Briatore and the board take a salary?) who all have to be paid in some way.

Forgetting the non-playing staff for a moment - £210k a week is just £6500 per player per week. Even if the actual income from us the fans is double this how can the club sustain its expenditure?

Arsenal FC make just over £3m per home game, they have a 7 year waiting list for seats at the Emirates and have a world wide support. Yes they probably have debts to pay off the new stadium but week in and week out they generate huge amounts of money. How can we ever compete with this? What is the answer?

I'm becoming more and more confused as to what the "project" actually is any more and where this club is heading. The maths doesn't seem to add so how do we move forward?

Huge Oil reserve under Loftus Road? Only explanation that ticks all boxes.

Comment

Estimate, club are losing half a million a quarter. (just my rought estimate)

They need bums on seats, it comes with results on the pitch.

The club will gain a bigger profile, once we start looking like promotion candidates..

The premiership would easily recoup any losses
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

The club will gain a bigger profile, once we start looking like promotion candidates..

£½m? I thought it would be more than that. £2m a year or £5m since they started.

The money spent on the likes of Alberti, Pellicori, Arthur, Hall, Jarrett, Tomassi, Parejo, Malcolm and Lee would probably cover most of that.

Comment

A clue as to how the numbers underpinning the project might be squared in the end is in the attached short interview/biography of Flavio B........

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...at-really-driv
          es-flavio-briatore-938708.html

This a couple of years old and pre-crash gate - you may have seen it before - but you'll see it offers some insight into the Briatore business model. All about exclusivity. Everything he has done in all his business interests has been about going for a niche market. Few units sold but high unit cost. Our small size is key to making it exclusive. Bad news of course is what that does for ticket prices. But until we get in the prem all of this is for nought. Which is why, as your numbers show, the dithering about the investment to take Rangers to the Prem and realise the plan is so puzzling.

You'll see within perhaps the first signals of the "tickets are cheap" "I didn't buy QPR coz I like it" lines in here.

I'm off sick and following the Routledge saga on here today has really got my goat. So here is my cat to accompany the pidgeons. I am fed up with the club today so they can take it. Make of the attached what you will. I suppose it ought to move over into the board bit.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

With the greatest of respect....that is penuts to our owners
            Now, Then, Forever
            [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

The link I attached earlier may have gone a bit awry, so attached again in case of interest. The first part is the personal blurb but if you stick with it onto 2nd page - some useful insights/ I thought anyway. Nowt wrong with his ego! But think we knew that!!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...at-really-driv
              es-flavio-briatore-938708.html

Comment

Working...
              X