What are we trying to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are we trying to do?

Even Pete knows Routledge is quality. He knows this is not the type of player we should be selling. He even made a song for him.

I'll be over the moon if Kitson and Halford both sign, although it's only really covering the poor decission to let one of our best players leave. As I said, we're meant to be building a team and that won't happen if every time we buy a good player that we let another go. Dex out and only Simpson in was another example. Camp out and a few loans to replace as Cerny's cover. Basically, we're not moving forward as much as we should be. 2 steps forward, one step back is far to gradual an improvement to be considered a threat in this league as all the teams around us are improving in every transfer window.

I fail to see how selling our best winger is good business. Only 2 months ago fans were licking his chocolate starfish. Now the same people are saying he's not actually that good. How contradictive can you be?

September into October, Wayne was already POTY. Now he's 'massively over rated'?!

God, I love this club.
    Last edited by BennyBoyRs; 22-01-2010, 10:43 AM.
    Your mum would love me...

Its whatever fits at the time,like you say now WR is overrated no end product.

Comment

Mistake letting him go....

Nott Forrest made 3 top signings to gain them 2nd place.... and all three players were ours! so they can't all be bad!

Comment

Benny not the first time I completely agree with you.

I've said all along since the takeover that you replace players with better players. Delaney replaced Barker, Connolly replaced Curtis, Buzsaky replaced Baidoo and so on and so on. But who have we replaced Delaney with? Or Camp with? Or Blackstock and Helguson with?

There is no reason that Taraabt and Simpson won't go on to be Premiership regulars and I'm glad we've got them but in a list of good to bad Routledge is near the top and its the bottom players that should be replaced.

Comment

Routledge, Camp and Blackstock will be in the premiership soon... I was so positive a few days ago but now this just seems a kick in the teeth, Tarrabt & simpson will go anyway with buzsaky come the summer, i'm just so pi$$ed off with it ATM :( :(

Comment

I think it is more about Routledge, Buzz and Taarabt not playing well in the same team and with Cook, Balanta and Hogan waiting in the 'wings', they will accept a good offer one of them. Personally I would get rid of Taarabt, but Im not in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
              I think it is more about Routledge, Buzz and Taarabt not playing well in the same team and with Cook, Balanta and Hogan waiting in the 'wings', they will accept a good offer one of them. Personally I would get rid of Taarabt, but Im not in charge.
              I'm with you on that for a few reasons. Taarabt may be the most tallented, but is also the greediest player we have. Wayne can try to do it all himself, but also gets involved with team moves on a regular basis. Wayne is OUR player whereas Taarabt NEVER will be. Wayne doesn't throw a strop and fling his arms about if he's not passed to as much as Taarabt. Taarabt is also a whingey git and acts as if it's his ball only. The penalty scenario said it all to me.

Comment

Taarabt does try to make things happen though.. I know he can be greedy but the boy does try and does make things happen.... Routledge is the best winger we've had since sinclair (can't think of anyone since), I really rate him highly, I guess great minds think alike with me a billy davies

Another way of looking at it is he's younger and can get better whereas Kitson is 31 nearly had his career, same with Cousins 33 nearly over, Finnan 34 retiring soon, Quashie 31 becoming slower etc etc

I feel so sad ATM :very_sad: :confused:

Comment

would keep Routledge over Taarabt any day....we truly are run by clowns

Comment

sorry did I miss something, did it say we were selling Routledge on the Offish, I must have missed that one or are we all getting depressed 'cos a red top says something might be going to happen.

come on chin up, it aint over till its over and Mr routledge is still our player. Perhaps at the next home game we need to make the players we want to keep, want to stay, with a bit of good old fashioned adulation, massage the ego's of these oh so sensative of players make them feel wanted.

Comment

How can some people say Wayne is overrated?The boy is class and has been one of the only shining lights this season.People who think he's not all that obviously haven't been to many games.Selling him would be absolutly crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                        Even Pete knows Routledge is quality. He knows this is not the type of player we should be selling. He even made a song for him.

I'll be over the moon if Kitson and Halford both sign, although it's only really covering the poor decission to let one of our best players leave. As I said, we're meant to be building a team and that won't happen if every time we buy a good player that we let another go. Dex out and only Simpson in was another example. Camp out and a few loans to replace as Cerny's cover. Basically, we're not moving forward as much as we should be. 2 steps forward, one step back is far to gradual an improvement to be considered a threat in this league as all the teams around us are improving in every transfer window.

I fail to see how selling our best winger is good business. Only 2 months ago fans were licking his chocolate starfish. Now the same people are saying he's not actually that good. How contradictive can you be?

September into October, Wayne was already POTY. Now he's 'massively over rated'?!

God, I love this club.

We all know why the 'he is not all that' message is being spread about and where its coming from. How else can you explain Petes complete u-turn on him.
                        You know hes good enough as do i and many others, but sadly some people will probaly buy the propoganda.

Comment

still 50-50 on Routledge, but saying he has been on fire this season, is a gross understatement
                          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by Mutley View Post
                            We all know why the 'he is not all that' message is being spread about and where its coming from. How else can you explain Petes complete u-turn on him.
                            You know hes good enough as do i and many others, but sadly some people will probaly buy the propoganda.
                            In fairness, I think you're maybe looking into that a little too far mate. I am 100% certain that Pete knows this is a silly statement, but not that he's been asked to say it. In fact I'd be willing to lay my life on it. I think this is an ill-juged attempt at playing devil's advocate...something I try to always do as I prefer to look at things from all angles...ask my missus

Seriously though, it looks more to me that he's looking at the 'it's not the end of the world' scenario. Something I, along with many completely dissagree with as if we're being serious about promotion, Wayne is exactly the type of player we need to hold on to.

Comment

Not you as well !!!!!!

I'm giving my opinion, I'd sell Routledge and Buzsacky on current form
                              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                              X