For the record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
    A badly run business that hyper inflated the expectancy levels of its customers and done nothing long term to match it, introduces a divisive pricing structure that kills the atmosphere within the ground and after the smoke screen cleared, saw around 20% of it customers stopping to go, they then proceed to do things which saw another 15-20% customers stop going.

Then like all badly run business, they blame their customers.
    Post of day Paul. Well done. I have been trying to say this for ages.

Comment

Sir P/Paulm - quite.

This is just utter madness no matter which way you look at it. And I am gobsmacked that anyone on a fans forum or from the club could suggest it was OK to sell one of you best assets without any suitable replacement already and with not enough cash generated by the sale to get one. Whichever way you look at it it means the team is weaker and its chances of getting promoted to where the real revenue is is also weaker.

I have long since given up any notion that we could rely on the owners splashing out but did at least think their business savvy would mean they would do what it took to get us where they wanted us to be (albeit possibly with different motivations). I am losing faith in that too.

Comment

Just out of interest, If we do sell WR for say £1.75mill as a replacement for Johnson, wonder how much Boro are gonna take for Johnson bet it is a lot more than they are willing to pay us
        God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

Originally posted by stanley75 View Post
          Sir P/Paulm - quite.

This is just utter madness no matter which way you look at it. And I am gobsmacked that anyone on a fans forum or from the club could suggest it was OK to sell one of you best assets without any suitable replacement already and with not enough cash generated by the sale to get one. Whichever way you look at it it means the team is weaker and its chances of getting promoted to where the real revenue is is also weaker.

I have long since given up any notion that we could rely on the owners splashing out but did at least think their business savvy would mean they would do what it took to get us where they wanted us to be (albeit possibly with different motivations). I am losing faith in that too.

Great Post Paul Mason.

I totally and utterly understand that as fans we aren't generating enough money to have a major say in the way the club looks after it finances so our argument doesn't stand up against Briatore. But where our opinions should be heard is that we can see the mistakes being made. We hold the key to bringing in more QPR fans in the future. We all know that if we were playing at a higher level we will get more fans through the gate but we won't ever play at a higher level if we keep selling off our best players, signings dud after dud and installing a revolving door on the managers office.

42 signings since January 2008 doesn't say much for a team who have a plan for success.

Comment

Conners-will you be wearing a red nose on the 30th?

just wondering like..

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
              I fully support the sale of Wayne Routledge.

Many QPR fans have voted with their feet this season and that has meant that revenues have been down. Don't give me the crap about people can't afford it (ALTHOUGH I APPRECIATE SOME GENUINELY CAN'T) as many can but have decided to teach the board a lesson. THat is upto you, however, I think the board are 100% correct in trying to recoup some of their money.

If the fans are not going to invest, why should the board ?
              Ali (or his Smithers or conners if we must insist on the pretence) - give it up - you're an embarrasment.

Commercial department makes error after error - driving supporters away in their droves, yet it's the supporters fault.

Never those who make these ridiculous decisions, eh conners?
              Last edited by Nodge70; 22-01-2010, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
                I fully support the sale of Wayne Routledge.

Many QPR fans have voted with their feet this season and that has meant that revenues have been down. Don't give me the crap about people can't afford it (ALTHOUGH I APPRECIATE SOME GENUINELY CAN'T) as many can but have decided to teach the board a lesson. THat is upto you, however, I think the board are 100% correct in trying to recoup some of their money.

If the fans are not going to invest, why should the board ?
                you dont half talk a pile of steaming hot c.rap...
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
                  Who are you "connors",do you work for the club.or just a genuine fan?
                  Ali Russell - spin spin spin

Comment

Is Routledge not TOP of the assists board?

Comment

Working...
                    X