Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

night of the long knives

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • stainrodisalegend
    Platinum Seat
    • Mar 2009
    • 13624

    #1

    night of the long knives

    Please forgive a political comparison with what is going on at QPR, but when Harold Macmillan was in deep, deep trouble he sacked half his cabinet including most of the big names. It came to be known as the "night of the long knives". By general consensus he was right to sack half his cabinet - though sadly it was widely agreed that he sacked the wrong half.

    This, it seems to me, is what QPR are doing. Selling Routledge (clearly, just now trying to bump up the price a notch) and possibly Buz as well. Meanwhile we keep Agyman, Vine, Alberti, Hall, Stewart, Ephraim, even Pellicori. Yes, Pellicori. A man marginally less athletic than Nicholas Soames.

    Yes we've sold popular players before but then we could understand why. Now we are run by billionares who have the demands and expectations that always go with very rich people, but minus a willingness to spend (or even to resist flogging off their few assets).

    The sad thing is I'm beyond cross, or disillusionment. I'm just wondering for how much longer I'll continue to follow what is happening on here. I suppose its kind of compulsive viewing, like all horror shows. But I, like a hell of a lot of fans I suspect, are itching for the "off" button.

    Anyway Pete, hope that helps you with your enquiry about the reason for "all this negativity"...
  • Frisson
    Apprentice
    • Nov 2009
    • 101

    #2
    I thought Pellicori and Alberti were gone?
    A Brit, abroad

    Comment

    • themodfather
      Silver Seat
      • Mar 2009
      • 4317

      #3
      i thought, historically the "night of the long knives" was when hitler sent out his troops to assassinate all his political enemies and had them butchered and strung up with piano wire and had it filmed???
      i think this has more bearing than sacking half a cabinet....
      an O LEVEL history at stake here,lol

      Comment

      • Magic
        Silver Seat
        • Aug 2009
        • 4736

        #4
        was my recollection moddy

        Comment

        Working...