Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like Gianni as he saved our club but surely this is wrong...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Gianni as he saved our club but surely this is wrong...

I was speaking to an ex-qpr coach whom still has contacts at the club and works as a scout at this moment in time.

I was speaking to him about QPR yesterday and he asked me about what was going on and what I think about it etc he said this...

Gianni Paladini is not a sporting director at QPR he acts as an agent for the club. He is the only agent whom has direct involvement with transfers at QPR. Every player QPR sign he takes a cut and is making big big money from it.

He also said he knows the guy who scouted Raheem Sterling for QPR and Paladini refused to pay him a finders fee or give him any credit for it.

I said to him recently we are being linked with a load of players for whom Willie McKay is the agent, Cousin, McArthur etc. He said he is not suprised and laughed, saying that guy is a joke of an agent.

On a more positive note he said that Mick Harford is a great guy and deserves your full backing. He will do a good job to steady the ship but unfortunately for him if he is successful Flabio will replace him with some big name if you go up.
    15 years in the wilderness will be a distant memory come Sunday 8th May 2011.

Locked within seconds.............

Comment

Originally posted by Ads1985 View Post
      I was speaking to an ex-qpr coach whom still has contacts at the club and works as a scout at this moment in time.

I was speaking to him about QPR yesterday and he asked me about what was going on and what I think about it etc he said this...

Gianni Paladini is not a sporting director at QPR he acts as an agent for the club. He is the only agent whom has direct involvement with transfers at QPR. Every player QPR sign he takes a cut and is making big big money from it.

He also said he knows the guy who scouted Raheem Sterling for QPR and Paladini refused to pay him a finders fee or give him any credit for it.

I said to him recently we are being linked with a load of players for whom Willie McKay is the agent, Cousin, McArthur etc. He said he is not suprised and laughed, saying that guy is a joke of an agent.

On a more positive note he said that Mick Harford is a great guy and deserves your full backing. He will do a good job to steady the ship but unfortunately for him if he is successful Flabio will replace him with some big name if you go up.

Well, I think you'll find that it is untrue. The agents fees documents were produced on November the 9th (or 8th) which detail all of the transactions paid to agents, who the agents are and the amounts. I was at Harlington asking the players for support for my Marathon run (where they kindly donated boots/gloves etc) when the documents came thru.
      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Could the above be a reason why someone would be supervised by an auditor ?

Comment

30k a transfer is the rumour

Comment

Who knows the truth really? I mean - as if any one is really going to come and and say.....

Anyway - we all know harry is innocent!!!

Comment

So Paladini is making money every time we sign a player, even if those players are rubbish and no other club wants them? Does the length of the contract the player gets reflect how much Paladini receives?

Comment

Albeit, adding to that....and i'm just guessing here...didnt it come out lately that some managers/DOF get paid bonuses based on making money for the club on transfers??

Could be wrong but I was sure that was in the press and I remember a quote from Vine about it??

Comment

I heard something similar Scott - but cannot remember where and when i heard this either.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                    Albeit, adding to that....and i'm just guessing here...didnt it come out lately that some managers/DOF get paid bonuses based on making money for the club on transfers??

Could be wrong but I was sure that was in the press and I remember a quote from Vine about it??
                    Gerry Francis had it written in to his contract when he came from Bristol Rovers. 10% on all profit made on transfer trading.

Totally different from an agent or an employee *like* Paladini cashing in on doing jack.

Comment

Is he employed by QPR or self employed ?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post

But surely if Paladini loves QPR as much as we're led to believe he shouldn't be taking large bonuses from the club. He should be telling Flavio to reinvest it in our youth set up or the community work we do.
                        Maybe, just maybe Paladini is only at QPR to feather his own nest and doesn't actually give a **** about us. Just a thought.

Comment

The fees payable to agents in that document Scott were probably correct. But if Paladini is making a killing from this it would be backhanders and wouldn't go through the books.

I think its just as bad not paying a scout for finding a quality player who by the sounds of things will be awesome and not paying the scout who brought him to the club who probably earns jack a month.

It does make u wonder if he does get extra money for longer contracts as if Hall, Agyegmang, Vine signed 4 and a half year deals all on 10K+ a week, the players agent will love it as his player is secure financially for 4 and a half years.

Btw Scott that rant thing is one of the best things I have ever seen as is that Robbie Savage thing on the BBC website.

Comment

Mike Newell did as well. Thats why there was an inquiry as when Luton were doing ok in the championship and they sold Vine etc he was getting a cut.

But like has been said, if ur best players are sold as a manager that puts u out and also u have aided that players development. Paladini does nothing and makes a mint.

I would do his job for 30k a year and not ask for anything else as it is a doss, plus I wouldn't sign some of the toss we have Ugo Ukah, Touchakinoute, Bob Malcolm.

Comment

Originally posted by Ads1985 View Post
                              The fees payable to agents in that document Scott were probably correct. But if Paladini is making a killing from this it would be backhanders and wouldn't go through the books.

I think its just as bad not paying a scout for finding a quality player who by the sounds of things will be awesome and not paying the scout who brought him to the club who probably earns jack a month.

It does make u wonder if he does get extra money for longer contracts as if Hall, Agyegmang, Vine signed 4 and a half year deals all on 10K+ a week, the players agent will love it as his player is secure financially for 4 and a half years.

Btw Scott that rant thing is one of the best things I have ever seen as is that Robbie Savage thing on the BBC website.
                              That Savage thing is hysterical..he went up a million % in my estimation!

I did have a good chat to GP that day about Agents, making money how it all works etc etc And he was explaining how these days it would be near on impossible to do "brown envelopes" as such but, it was rife back in the day.

He also said, and its a fair point, considering the small chunk of fans that hate him for ousting devlin etc etc who are on a mission to get him out, surely if he was upto anything untoward they would have found it by now?

Also, that Bernie, Flav, Mittals go thru everything financially with the finest of boutique combs.

Comment

Working...
                              X