Anti-protest protest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-protest protest

Thought that maybe those against a protest could hold up banners saying something like:

'Thank you Flavio for saving our club.'

Just an idea. Might help spread the love and get rid of some of the negativity.

Pay for my return flight from Tallinn and match ticket + the usual fee for people participating in such "party line towing" manifestations, and I just might consider this, purely out of the kindness of my heart of course
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I can see both sides of this. Part of me can see why they want to protest, but at the same time, i dont see what benefits we wil get from it? it may force the owners out, which is probably what they want, but then what happens from then could potentially be bad. There are many things that need changing, but i still have faith in the club - and if they come to their senses next year and bring prices down, etc etc - then maybe things will get better for our future. We would probably be at least a division below or not even exist if it wasnt for them - and i still think we will go in the right direction eventually

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        Thought that maybe those against a protest could hold up banners saying something like:

'Thank you Flavio for saving our club.'

Just an idea. Might help spread the love and get rid of some of the negativity.
        Might also get you an invite the the C-Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
          I can see both sides of this. Part of me can see why they want to protest, but at the same time, i dont see what benefits we wil get from it? it may force the owners out, which is probably what they want, but then what happens from then could potentially be bad. There are many things that need changing, but i still have faith in the club - and if they come to their senses next year and bring prices down, etc etc - then maybe things will get better for our future. We would probably be at least a division below or not even exist if it wasnt for them - and i still think we will go in the right direction eventually
          Well the people who want to protest im afraid do not realise that and are a tad narrow minded

Comment

QPR fans have become spoiled brats. This idea of a protest is an embarrassment. We know the owners have done some things wrong, but protesting will only bring further damage to our club, which isn't in the worst place in the world right now.

Just look around you and you will see football clubs in far worse positions.

I think most of the protesters have the club at heart and think it will be a good thing for us. I think many believe that getting rid of our owners will see the knights in shining armour come to our rescue in the form of the Mittals. That just won't happen. If we lose our current backers things could get a lot worse.

At least they have the balls to sack a useless manager. All they need to do now is stop appointing useless ones.
            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
              Probably the most sensible post of the day !

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                Probably the most sensible post of the day !
                shame though because if everyone keeps protesiting etc, we could eventually end up with no QPR at all. Would that make people feel better? At least we are in a position where things could go forward. Why do we want to move back down the ladder? We need to all just get behind the team, which will brig results, which will bring better attendances, which will bring in better players, which will bring more atmosphere etc. IMO anyway

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                  QPR fans have become spoiled brats. This idea of a protest is an embarrassment. We know the owners have done some things wrong, but protesting will only bring further damage to our club, which isn't in the worst place in the world right now.

I think most of the protesters have the club at heart and think it will be a good thing for us. I think many believe that getting rid of our owners will see the knights in shining armour come to our rescue in the form of the Mittals. That just won't happen. If we lose our current backers things could get a lot worse.

At least they have the balls to sack a useless manager. All they need to do now is stop appointing useless ones.
                  Great post totally agree with that

Comment

Season ticket sales £££ and gates are the ultimate protest, or vote of confidence... depending on which way you want to look at it.

They speak for themselves, more than a red nose, chant, or any banner can ever do.

I've said it before a dozen times, but the most insulting thing for a man like Briatore is being ignored... or people just being plain bored of him.
                    In other words - Apathy.

Same as anyone with a big ego. Being disliked doesn't really scratch the surface, but being ignored?? That stings a man like him.

Once people have paid their cash to enter FlavLand, it doesn't really matter what feelings "£20" punters have after that.
                    How much more evidence do people need before they get that point?

He's said it himself, more than once.
                    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                      Might also get you an invite the the C-Club.
                      Why is it that you assume anyone who is against a protest MUST be in the pocket of the club. Perhaps some of us mere supporters think that this is an ill planned move.
                      RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post

Yep. That's about it.
                        Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by kingo View Post
                          Why is it that you assume anyone who is against a protest MUST be in the pocket of the club. Perhaps some of us mere supporters think that this is an ill planned move.
                          I think a protest is a complete waste of time, if you don't like what you are seeing, don't go, that's the way to get your point across. Also, I don't assume people are in the pockets, it was a flippant comment.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                            I think a protest is a complete waste of time, if you don't like what you are seeing, don't go, that's the way to get your point across. Also, I don't assume people are in the pockets, it was a flippant comment.
                            OK.
                            RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Unfortunately the last few years have shown that you would have to be a lunatic to get involved with a football club. There is no grace anymore, Chris Wright was a QPR fan, may still be but unable to come and watch. Mike Gregory is a lifelong Newcastle fan and is loathed by their fans now.
                              FB has made a lot of mistakes but if he wasn't as arrogant as he is then he would have walked long ago, so what he gets slated for, is the only reason he has put up with it.
                              I believe his biggest mistake is not finding the right manager, all the other things would fall into place(Price hike, C club etc etc) if he found the man capable of taking us up.
                              I don't feel sorry for him, as he can look after himself but I do think he deserves a little more respect than he has so far been afforded and whatever anyone says he is quite at liberty to say he saved us from administration because he did indeed save us from administration but until we go back there, some won't be happy.
                              I just hope he keeps fending off the criticism long enough to fulfill his goal of getting Rangers back in the Premiership.

Comment

Working...
                              X