Sir Les or Ian Wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sir Les or Ian Wright

Having a debate with a pal about who was better. Am I just being bias by saying Sir Les??

So over to you lot

Sir Les or Ian Wright??
    @chrisrobson9

Tricky one.
    My heart says Sir Les, unplayable on his day. Possibly a better all round player on his day, but not the natural goalpoacher that Wright was.
    So my head says if you break @rsenal's goal scoring record and got that many international goals, Wrighty was best.

That said, Sir Les did set up most of Wright's 4 goals against mighty San Marino settling for just 1 himself.

Comment

sir les for me........

Comment

Sir Les for me.

He was a complete striker unlike Wright and if he was playing for Arsenal he would of had more england appearances and chances.

He was like a goal head start and was the reason we stayed up for as long as we did.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Both top top strikers,but would pick Sir Les as he was the complete striker IMO.

Comment

Back in the day, I used to tell everyone that Les was THE complete striker around.Still think that, and after he left us, his success at Newcastle and Spuds shows the quality he had.
            But Wright, as others have said, was more of a natural goalscorer/poacher.
            I would choose Les because of his physical presence I think.

Comment

Ian Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                Ian Wright
                Boll ocks
                Yes had a better goal scoring record but was playing for a better team.
                Couldn't head a ball for sh it.

Sir Les had it all and I don't think you must of seen him in the early 90 for us.
                Fond memorys.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  Boll ocks
                  Yes had a better goal scoring record but was playing for a better team.
                  Couldn't head a ball for sh it.

Sir Les had it all and I don't think you must of seen him in the early 90 for us.
                  Fond memorys.
                  Saw him from the 1st day he signed for Rangers actually Numb Nuts....it's called an opinion u ####

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                    Saw him from the 1st day he signed for Rangers actually Numb Nuts....it's called an opinion u ####

Comment

Lets not go down the chidish route with the name calling.

I think it is suprising how poor some QPR fans memorys are.

Sir Les was much more of a handful and Ian wright wouldn't of kept us in the premiership.

Should of played more for England but I blame Graham taylor for playing Wright instead of Sir Les.

Comment

Sir Les

end of
                        Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          Lets not go down the chidish route with the name calling.

I think it is suprising how poor some QPR fans memorys are.

Sir Les was much more of a handful and Ian wright wouldn't of kept us in the premiership.

Should of played more for England but I blame Graham taylor for playing Wright instead of Sir Les.
                          Tell yourself that then next time you describe someone else's honest opinion as B0llox

Comment

jesus more children having a spat...give it a rest lads.....

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...ad.php?t=46440

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
                              jesus more children having a spat...give it a rest lads.....

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...ad.php?t=46440
                              Yes it`s just us adults that can do that

Comment

Working...
                              X