Harford calls for stability after draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingo View Post
    Good call on German, looked good on Tuesday and by all accounts played well when he came on today. To get the best out of Simpson we need someone to support him, Dave isn't that player. On Tuesday they never played as a unit, they were completely individual. We have to have some height up front or the ball comes straight back but Dave isn't the answer, hopefully German or Cousin could be.
    i think all youngsters together would scare a few defences......simpson,adel,hogan & german.......all young,fast and probably reading off the same page.

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
      might have been a reason for simpson...perhaps too much expectancy on the boys head...needed a rest.

as for hogan starting.....spot on...him and connolly straight in every game for me now......would give german more minutes as well.
      Maybe your right about simpson, perhaps he just needed a game out the spot light.

Ive been accused once or twice of banging on about Hogan too much but imo he is a fantastic talent. Links up very well with a like minded player like adel, can cross, can score, has skill, can go round players, still very young aswell!! I glad we havent let him go!..

Connolly is Mr reliable imo, very steady you can tell he has that strip of arsenal in him, can play in many positions and looks so comfortable on the ball!!

Both automatic starters imo for the forest game. But, for the forest game i would have Simpson in instead of agye, and id have Ramage in instead of Hall at rb.
      Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered View Post

Both automatic starters imo for the forest game. But, for the forest game i would have Simpson in instead of agye, and id have Ramage in instead of Hall at rb.
        with you on that...lets hope mick has the same idea.

would give german a chance to rip them a new one as well

Comment

Maybe your right about simpson, perhaps he just needed a game out the spot light.

Ive been accused once or twice of banging on about Hogan too much but imo he is a fantastic talent. Links up very well with a like minded player like adel, can cross, can score, has skill, can go round players, still very young aswell!! I glad we havent let him go!..

Connolly is Mr reliable imo, very steady you can tell he has that strip of arsenal in him, can play in many positions and looks so comfortable on the ball!!

Agree about Conners and Hogan but as I said we have to have height up front to have variation, ie on the ground and in the air or we are too predictable. Dave isn't the answer but nor is Simpson if he is there on his own, so I would give German a start.
          RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

with you on that...lets hope mick has the same idea.

would give german a chance to rip them a new one as well
            Dunno i like German, but not sure he's ready to start just yet!

I mean he's been a decent impact sub but to take the game by the scruff of the neck and get us in a winning position i dunno...

Comment

Dunno i like German, but not sure he's ready to start just yet!

I mean he's been a decent impact sub but to take the game by the scruff of the neck and get us in a winning position i dunno...
              why not....cannot be any worse than aggy....at least he has more control...more to play for.....list goes on for the reasons to blood him more.

Comment

why not....cannot be any worse than aggy....at least he has more control...more to play for.....list goes on for the reasons to blood him more.
                Maybe, i just get the feeling if he comes up against a couple of meat head centre backs he may be a little out his depth. Hes very young and not the biggest!

Very happy to be proved wrong though!!!!!

Comment

Maybe, i just get the feeling if he comes up against a couple of meat head centre backs he may be a little out his depth. Hes very young and not the biggest!

thought the reports on tuesday said he held his man off well on a few occassions.....but until he gets the chance we will not know......think he could be our little wild card

Comment

He won't come up against worse than Sheffield Utd and he did well against them
                    RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by kingo View Post
                      He won't come up against worse than Sheffield Utd and he did well against them
                      Yup i was there and your correct he did very well!

Im not trying to pish on anyones chips! Im just trying to be realistic! Hes a very young lad.

As i say very happy to be proved wrong, hope he comes into his own and scores loads of goals, but at the moment im just a little unsure.

Comment

Originally posted by deepseahoop View Post
                        seriously NO MATTER WHAT we have to give the team and Mick a chance so no booing what ever the substitution no matter the hiding please for the good of the club
                        i totally agreewe need to have the mentality of the Pompy fans and just dont shut up no matter now bad!

Comment

think it will be 1 up front against forest,and i think it will be simpson after a day off today to use his pace on the break

Comment

i think all youngsters together would scare a few defences......simpson,adel,hogan & german.......all young,fast and probably reading off the same page.
                            I think if it gets to the stage where the play-offs are out of reach, then i would want to see Hogan, German, and Balanta play regularly.
                            If we accept that our board are never going to open their wallets, then its a must for next season that these guys get some airtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Mutley View Post
                              I think if it gets to the stage where the play-offs are out of reach, then i would want to see Hogan, German, and Balanta play regularly.
                              If we accept that our board are never going to open their wallets, then its a must for next season that these guys get some airtime.
                              totally agree mate....build the team round youth...team for future seasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X