Curbishley/QPR .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rsonist View Post
    also i'm not really sure what goddard is crowing about with the last part of his sig: "After looking certain for relegation, Curbishley led West Ham to seven wins out of their last nine games, and a last-day 1-0 win at Manchester United, kept West Ham in the Premier League." the fact is that the only reason west ham were even in that position was because curbishley overspent massively on crocks and dross like dyer, ljungberg and faubert, and was incapable of getting the quality he did have to perform for him outside of that tevez-inspired finale. (not to menton sheffield utd bottling it too.) the improvement in play with the exact same players under zola the following season (carlton cole for instance) tells its own story.
    Christ, that is so full of holes... where do I even start?

Firstly, my "sig" is factual. It's what actually happened.
    Not an interpretation to make a point. Just facts.

Secondly, "the improvement in play with the exact same players under zola the following season (carlton cole for instance) tells its own story".... have you looked at the Premier League table lately??

Zola is still there, Carlton Cole is there too, and after Zola's initial honeymoon season (Even Wilkins had one of those for us) I'd say West Ham were in a better position when Curbishley left than they are right now. Wouldn't you?? It might have only been september when he left, but they'd just smacked 4 past Blackburn, and were sitting 4th in The Premier League.
    In fact... that's a fact as well.

Sorry to come over all "Rafa Benitez" here, but these are FACTS.

Now I'm sorry you see it as me "crowing about Curbishley", but when somebody talks out of their backside like you did there... it's very hard not to respond with a snotty post.
    Which this is, I admit. Sorry.

And that's before we even move on to the subject of what he did at Charlton. And where they are now.
    And their little slide into the third division started the DAY he left.

I'd really like to see Alan Curbishley as QPR manager. Based on his record.
    Not realistic, I admit. But it's a strong wish.... and if that differs from your view of his record, sorry about that too.

Last edited by Goddard; 16-01-2010, 02:35 AM.
    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

according to tony incenzo they have a new manager already to start in the summer;on talksport tonight

Comment

Originally posted by m_cooper View Post
        according to tony incenzo they have a new manager already to start in the summer;on talksport tonight
        I don't think Curbishley would take the job... I'm not mental. And neither is he.
        For pretty obvious reasons.

But it's a wish. That's all.

Maybe Steve Coppell is mental?? Doubt it.

Ah well.
        Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

goddard...

Firstly, my "sig" is factual. It's what actually happened.
          Not an interpretation to make a point. Just facts.
          disingenuous much? i don't dispute the fact that west ham won 7 games and avoided relegation that year. but given that particular fact happens to appear at the bottom of every post you write, under a heroic photo of curbishley after every post you write, and after having already declared your preference for curbishley a number of times, it would think it's reasonable to assume you take said fact to be a point of recommendation. which i disagree with, or at least have reservations about, given the greater context in which those facts lie. same applies to your latter point

and after Zola's initial honeymoon season I'd say West Ham were in a better position when Curbishley left than they are right now. Wouldn't you??
          statistically speaking, yes. but zola - aside from a crippling injury crisis - is also having to deal with the financial fallout of west ham's previous period of excess, which curbishley is complicit in to some degree. depends which facts you care to look at, i suppose. even still i agree that zola's team is underachieving this season, but as i see it nowhere near the extent curbishley's did.

no argument about his achievements at charlton either. my only point being that we are not exactly a platform for becoming a charlton right now, and that it might take longer than people realise.

Now I'm sorry you see it as me "crowing about Curbishley", but when somebody talks out of their backside like you did there..
          fine, "crowing" may have been a slightly florid bit of shorthand for "making positive example of", or whatever, but get a grip man. this hysteria is totally unnecessary.

Comment

if anyone wd seriously not be throwing off their knickers and dancing in the street if curbishley was appointed either knows jack about football or has totally unrealistic expectations about who else might be in line for the job - precisely the attitude which encourages so-called fans to agitate for the sacking for each successive manager in the ludicrous hope that we will get some replacement with the stature of Capello and the Rangers history of Stan Bowles. Quite extraordinary.

Comment

Working...
            X