Question about a protest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about a protest

i am all for an organised protest/demo but my question is: what are we trying to achieve?
    i think paladini must be removed at once, but i think the buck ultimately stops with briatore. it would be him i would like to see removed (as well as GP). anyway, the question remains, what are we trying to achieve?

Waste of time removing GP.

A protest will achieve nothing. If BBC land rumours are true owners will be looking longer term and really will not care about protests. Would be more constructive to support the team and give Mick as much of a chance as possible to succeed.

Comment

I think we need to show that we think the club is run by a clown and we want him to foxtrot oscar and sell to the Mittals/Bhatia.
      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Yeah I bet the Mittals would jump at such an opportunity ...

Comment

song for the next home game should surely be "we want stability" we all know we need the right manager (with experience and someoen who can handle the egeos) and that he is given time....simples!

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
            Yeah I bet the Mittals would jump at such an opportunity ...
            well, we cannot carry on as we are so something needs to change and change sharpish.

Comment

Think we need to start small and get Paladini out, then move onto the Flavio issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                well, we cannot carry on as we are so something needs to change and change sharpish.
                Disagree. Barring disaster we will at least survive this season. For me the next important time for the club is any appointment made by the club in the summer and the basis of that appointment.

If the owners lose their appetite and want out we are royally farked. Very bad karma around place at moment.

I am extremely hacked off by a lot of what has happened but am trying to think long term. At the moment we have financial stability (provided by money brought in by sponsorship deals attracted by owners and funding provided one way or another by the owners) and if any truth in rumours plans for a new ground which could move us towards future stability by providing additional revenue streams and a better match day experience. IF they get the manager side of things sorted out and stop ballsing it up we have a good future. Hopefully given enough attempts they will get it right!

Never dull supporting the Rs. Think how bored you would be if all we ever did was play nice football and win matches! It would get very tedious indeed!

Comment

I don't want to dig anyone here out but this protest idea strikes me as both niaive and misguided. This thread shows that there is no consensus about what it wanted. Here and elsewhere it also shows that what we don't want is more turmoil no (for some/moxt) massive change inc owners bailing. So what on earth is this all about?!! If the protest is "succesul we wouldn't know as we don't know what we want and if it got anything it'd probably screw the club up. Well done us.

I liked the idea somewhere on here earlier of doing something to indicate we want a bit of stability. Not red noses, not shaking our fists in the face of the board etc ( I am bored with the paladini thing but whatever anyone thinks now is not the time to push it!!). I don't want the board to jump ship - too much unknown for my comfort. They all, however, have wider reputations to worry about. All to easy for they to jump. let's not push them - message ought to be stability stability stability.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                    Disagree. Barring disaster we will at least survive this season. For me the next important time for the club is any appointment made by the club in the summer and the basis of that appointment.
                    don't we say the same thing after each manager is sacked? there comes a time when you have to act, and imo the time is now.

Comment

We are still paying as fans for the protests we made in 1995. Had we let Thompson run the club as he needed to do so, would we be where we are now !

Comment

and now it looks like our best player is going (routledge) something needs to be done ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                          We are still paying as fans for the protests we made in 1995. Had we let Thompson run the club as he needed to do so, would we be where we are now !
                          selling sir les might have had something to do with where we are now.

Comment

achieve?? NOTHING
                            we want a mob mentality
                            it's good to release pent up anger and energy

aim?? who cares after some beers

target..anything that moves...

cmon it's only for a laugh

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
                              achieve?? NOTHING
                              we want a mob mentality
                              it's good to release pent up anger and energy

aim?? who cares after some beers

target..anything that moves...

cmon it's only for a laugh
                              lol

being serious mod..are the LSA going to do any kind of statement?

Comment

Working...
                              X