MASSIVE RUMOUR from WHITE CITY...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MASSIVE RUMOUR from WHITE CITY...

Right I'm posting this for some validation. Some on here must live on White City Estate and hopefully might be able to explain in more detail. He goes, it's a bit sketchy and hopefully someone on here can explain in more detail as this info has come to me third hand (so I'm worried about Chinese whispers and all that).

Yesterday I heard some very interesting news concerning the BBC offices, BBC Park, Hammersmith & Fulham Council and some blocks of flats on White City. Batman Close residents have held a series of meeting with the council about being relocated because the club is interested in purchasing the land off the council. Relocation sums have been offered to all residents as a means to get them to move out and the coucil will also help relocate then. BBC Park is to be relocated or moved within the surrounding area as part of this massive project. H&F have mentioned the club as the spearhead of all these development proposal.

Am I a few weeks late with this news? Can anyone else possibly explain in more detail?

Surely if true it can only mean a new stadium and if so only the Mittals or Benie could afford to do this. I am sure I've heard somewhere that Bernie holds some of the land rights to the BBC's ground which he leases back to them?
    Last edited by Dazzer1977; 15-01-2010, 10:30 AM.

would love this but this is the first i heard of it.

Comment

Bernie definitely has stake in the BBC land apparantly
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
        yeh iv heard that he has aswell.there were rumours flying about a yr or so ago about us trying to purchase some of the bbc land.
        "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Didn't he do it right at the beginning of their reign??? Or at least there was a big rumour he was doing it??
          I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

lets sort out the manager first before a god-damn new stadium which will hold 6000 fans for a fa cup tie
            Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
            Lovejoy: "No?!"
            Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

This was discussed at some of the councils residents meetings with tennants of Batman Close and other block apparantly. That's where this info come to me and it was from someone who has no info in football or QPR. That's why I thought I'd post it as I can't see why he'd make something like this up.

Comment

Maybe they are looking to build a hotel and a complex there with QPR?

Comment

Maybe they want a larger lounge area for C Club?

Comment

Originally posted by garyqpr4eva View Post
                    lets sort out the manager first before a god-damn new stadium which will hold 6000 fans for a fa cup tie
                    Yes.

We would be like the half-full Ricoh Arena.

Comment

Am I reading too much into it but,F1 is back on BBC!! Wouldn't have anything to do with it.....surely?
                      I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

I hope is to build a new stadium

Comment

Originally posted by garyqpr4eva View Post
                          Spot on Gary.
                          Why would they spend fortunes on a new stadium when it is clear that they have spent little on players or on a decent manager. Also the money they have spent was to do with making loftus road more up market for the rich people. Doesn't add up.
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
                            Yes.

We would be like the half-full Ricoh Arena.
                            exactly.they would still end up messing it up anyway.would end up havin a race track rather than a football pitch.idiots
                            "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X