Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will fans take a tiny bit of responsibility...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will fans take a tiny bit of responsibility...

Reading through some of the threads there seems to be two main themes coming out: 1) the board are clueless and 2) vitriol about Hart. I wasn't Hart's greatest fan but I have opposed the sacking of every one of the managers by this board with the exception of Jim who had made his position untenable, yet a lot of fans wilfully undermine every single manager we have - never learning the lesson that each time we sack someone we bring in someone worse. It won't be Curbs or Coppell, it will be some other unemployed uselss waste of space. I guarantee within a week there will be new threads titled things like "who wd welcome hart back now???" just as there has been in the last few months for just about every manager we've had since tommy docherty. Fans: you can't have it both ways.

You`ve answered your own question

Comment

no there won't, no one could be worse than hart, his football played was shocking and he had no enthusiasm. your right about jim, sousa, dowie. but hindsight is a wonderful thing. when sousa was sacked most were pleased cos the football played was boring, same with dowie. its easy to say 'i'd have him back'

Comment

Difference is I never called for them to be sacked. I'm not claiming to have any special insight into football. Its just that if you continually sack your manager you cannot succeed, period. If you keep a manager - even if he isn't great - you at least stand some chance of success.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          Difference is I never called for them to be sacked. I'm not claiming to have any special insight into football. Its just that if you continually sack your manager you cannot succeed, period. If you keep a manager - even if he isn't great - you at least stand some chance of success.
          or in Hart's case....some chance of relegation.

Comment

It defeats me what some want, yet again the so called supporters who can't be arsed to turn up to a £10 game have thrown us into turmoil again. Well done
            RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

yes, but we bring in martin allen or some other two bit failed division two manager and that lessens the chances of relegation? he's really going to be able to control egotistical players who think they are ronaldo, isn't he? Quaz mate I was never wild about hart - no one was - but at some point surely this club - and its fans - have to take a decision and stick with it because changing your mind is the worst decision of all.

Comment

Originally posted by kingo View Post
                It defeats me what some want, yet again the so called supporters who can't be arsed to turn up to a £10 game have thrown us into turmoil again. Well done
                so it was only fans that didn't turn up that wanted hart gone...behave......

Comment

if the players could score goals like they get rid of mangers we would win the league

Comment

yes, but we bring in martin allen or some other two bit failed division two manager and that lessens the chances of relegation? he's really going to be able to control egotistical players who think they are ronaldo, isn't he? Quaz mate I was never wild about hart - no one was - but at some point surely this club - and its fans - have to take a decision and stick with it because changing your mind is the worst decision of all.
                    not if that manager has turned us into relegation candidates....our form is relegation form with no signs of changing under hart.Every game he was moaned about,tactics,substitutions & hoofball just to name 3.
                    If someone is doing something that wrong then it needs addressing...and what other way was there...tell him to manage another way....i don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by highgradeR View Post
                      if the players could score goals like they get rid of mangers we would win the league
                      if the defence played like last season we would be doing better as well.

Comment

so you would have sacked alex ferguson because it wasn't working. i didn't like the way we beat bristol city but he prob thought we've narrowly lost several matches playing tippy tappy football, lets win ugly and im sure if he was allowed time to rebuild confidence he wd have then played more expansive football. you cd bring back gigi tomorrow and i doubt whether any of our players will be stroking the ball about. their belief is shot to bits. they are all like shell-shocked solders wondering what loony order is going to eminate from the boardroom next. surely you see that?

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
                          not if that manager has turned us into relegation candidates....our form is relegation form with no signs of changing under hart.Every game he was moaned about,tactics,substitutions & hoofball just to name 3.
                          If someone is doing something that wrong then it needs addressing...and what other way was there...tell him to manage another way....i don't think so.
                          I was there Tuesday and the football was ok, Hart inherited a crap unbalanced squad, yet some seem to think he could be a miracle worker. The players he was looking at could have made things better, **** knows what is going to happen now.
                          RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

so you would have sacked alex ferguson because it wasn't working. i didn't like the way we beat bristol city but he prob thought we've narrowly lost several matches playing tippy tappy football, lets win ugly and im sure if he was allowed time to rebuild confidence he wd have then played more expansive football. you cd bring back gigi tomorrow and i doubt whether any of our players will be stroking the ball about. their belief is shot to bits. they are all like shell-shocked solders wondering what loony order is going to eminate from the boardroom next. surely you see that?
                            di canio picked a team up that was going nowhere and got them playing football...Hart was not going to do that in a month of sundays.....hoofball was his answer........and how many did he win playing ugly?

Comment

oh please, hart's cv stank of failure. given five years he wouldnt have done anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X