The Good Buys Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good Buys Thread

I notice that the Flops thread is close to 5 pages long. So I thought I'd start a good buys thread to get some perspective. After hours of though I've come up with

Routledge
    Gorkss

Both of whom are playing so badly that if it carries on will join their mates on the Flops page.
    :drunk:

id put faurlin in there been a very good buy so far.
    "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Legiterwood

Vine
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Gorkks

Comment

i forgot about connolly.IMO i think he has been the best buy since the takeover and has the potential to be a very very good player.
          i would of put vine in there before his injury and as for legs-of-wood pete would u really consider him a good buy??

Comment

Cerny
            Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Vine???

Been injured most of the time and been an utter shower when he has played. All for £20k a week. Bargain!

Comment

before his injury he looked like he was gonna be a massive player for us but i agree with you nodge and i think its time he was of the wage bill.cnt see him being the player he once was.

Comment

cant say i agree with pete.legs of wood has not pulled up any trees or been remarkably average since joining for a lot of money..struggles with passing...quite a key thing for a footballer

Comment

faurlin - u can see a different class in his play.. he is a team player and has more talent than anybody else on the pitch
                    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                    Lovejoy: "No?!"
                    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Buz

Comment

At the time Vine was a great signing......

Nodge70, Vine is not on and never been on 20k a week, slightly misleading.
                        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Vine was good under De Canio played out on the left and cutting in. He has been poor ever since his injury and is a shadow of the player he once was. He is at best a Barnsley striker.

Comment

Feel sorry for Vine as injury has ruined him. Agree about Faurlin.

Issue of the thread though is that it is so much harder to name good buys. Now if this was a Forest board you could have. Blackstock. Shorey. Earnshaw. Gunter. Madeoski and a couple more.

In reality good signings and a proven ambitious manager are the difference between mid table obscurity and having a good go at going up.

Interestingly the majority of Forest's signings are British players. Makes a big difference, generally go to a Championship club to prove themselves. I think a lot of the foreigners come here and think its going to be a stroll. That is my concern with Cousin although watched him score yesterday and looks like he'll be a good addition assuming he comes.
                            :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by garyqpr4eva View Post
                              faurlin - u can see a different class in his play.. he is a team player and has more talent than anybody else on the pitch

Spot on squire
                              God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

Working...
                              X