Great substitution - Antonio German

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great substitution - Antonio German

I have no idea if Hart is a good manager yet, he has come into a shockingly bad situation. However credit where it is due, bringing on German (how many of us called that, probably nobody) was inspired.

If nothing else, Hart has a great track record with youth, and I for one am excited about this player. Hope he starts Saturday and crowd thickos don't get on his back too.

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
    I have no idea if Hart is a good manager yet, he has come into a shockingly bad situation. However credit where it is due, bringing on German (how many of us called that, probably nobody) was inspired.

If nothing else, Hart has a great track record with youth, and I for one am excited about this player. Hope he starts Saturday and crowd thickos don't get on his back too.
    Trouble was we were chasing the game in the FA cup. Bringing German on was the correct decision but he should have come on for a defender or defensive midfielder and not for Simpson. Like for like substitution didn't show any real attacking intent. Ollie would have gone for it. Hart seems very cautious.

German's a good player though.

Comment

Wasn't there last night so can't comment on the actual performance but it's definitely good to hear the reports on him. If he is good and he is a like for like replacement for Simpson then all we need is a big number 9 to support him.

Comment

I thought German was very good. Twice, with defenders on his back, and his own back to goal, he turned and had a shot - both good efforts, one of which appeared to go very close from where I was sitting.

I didn't see Dave display that kind of skill last night... but having said that, Dave played OK, held the ball up well at times, but fell over far too often.

Comment

i agree, the sub was bad i.e. taking simpson off.

but german impressed greatly. had 2 chances that he created for himself by turning his defender and both very close to going in.
          Queens Park Rangers Til I Die!

Comment

He looked very good. Put him in the starting eleven against Blackpool instead of these loannes!!

Comment

When your losing games you have nothing to lose anyway, paul hart is a good coach but not manager

Comment

Good to hear about German, but any idea whay Balanta didn't get a look in? The 10 mins or so that he played at Ipswich was most impressive.

Comment

I think he wanted to keep a big fella up front. Personally, and some of you will no doubt disagree, I'd have stuck Hall on up front for the last 10 mins as a 3rd striker, and gone 3-4-3.

Comment

I think he wanted to keep a big fella up front. Personally, and some of you will no doubt disagree, I'd have stuck Hall on up front for the last 10 mins as a 3rd striker, and gone 3-4-3.
                    I actually would have tried the same....
                    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

I thought German looked good and thought he should of had a pen when hacked down from behind, but I was in the West Paddock so didn't have the best view. Must admit I thought he had equalised at the end, how it didn't go in I don't know.
                      RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

The substitutions worked. It is impossible to deny that. We scored two goals and were a whisker away from scoring two more. People may have thrown toys on floor about Faurlin, but frankly it doesn't matter who comes off as long as the team benefits. Same when we beat Brizzle. We won. Get over it people, and support the team.

Comment

The substitutions worked. It is impossible to deny that. We scored two goals and were a whisker away from scoring two more. People may have thrown toys on floor about Faurlin, but frankly it doesn't matter who comes off as long as the team benefits. Same when we beat Brizzle. We won. Get over it people, and support the team.
                          We are singing from the same Hymn Sheet, really can't believe some of the things chanted and written.
                          RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

German deserved his chance. What else is he supposed to do, he works hard, has banged them in for the reserves, for the youth, whilst on loan. For me this season is a bit of a write off so I would give him an oppo to prove himself more regularly.

Thought he was mustard last night and is about the only positive I can take from the game.
                            Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                              German deserved his chance. What else is he supposed to do, he works hard, has banged them in for the reserves, for the youth, whilst on loan. For me this season is a bit of a write off so I would give him an oppo to prove himself more regularly.

Thought he was mustard last night and is about the only positive I can take from the game.
                              Totally agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X