Not the best of evenings!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not the best of evenings!!

Had a quick pint in the Smutts and about 6pm walked round to the Springbok with the intention of getting my ticket on the way which I thought would be a doddle as South Africa Rd was deserted apart from a few stewards milling about and the arrival of Bernie.

How wrong could I be as the simple process of buying a ticket turned in something like this

Hello can I have a ticket for the Upper Loft please?

Yes that will be £15 please

I thought they were only £10 tonight?

Do you have a season ticket?

Yes I do and it is JU

Ah well those seats are £15

Well I will have one for HU then which must be £10

But you sit in JU

Well I will sit in HU tonight

Will you sit there all evening and not move?

Yes of course I will!!

Can I have your details then?

Whys that?

For your loyalty points

After all that I had a couple in the Springbok and then entered the ground with no queues whatsoever and of course went and sat in JU which was empty with a bovril bus alas no balti pie on a cold night as they had sold out!!!

An absolute shocking game of hoof ball followed freezing my nuts off and afterwards I walked to Goldhawk Rd to get a 237 for the first part home.

The 237 came and all was well until it suddenly diverted and I was then going back along the Uxbridge Rd again and down Askew Rd and picking up the route on Goldhawk Rd again.

Then spent the journey through Chiswick and Brentford with my next bus the 267 just in front and mine getting caught at every set of lights and when I got off at Busch corner the 267 glided off around the corner down Twickenham Rd leaving me standing in the snow for 25 minutes until the next one

Then when I did get indoors I got the usual I don't why you bother etc etc and they always lose but you still keep going which is the last thing you need when seriously peeded off :(

Ah well roll on Saturday!
    Last edited by IsleworthRanger; 13-01-2010, 09:24 AM.

All the people who sit at home every match would call that a negative post
    Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Isleworth, fair play but in all honesty where else would you rather be?

Wait until the summer when you will be at least warmer :exciting:
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
        All the people who sit at home every match would call that a negative post
        Guilty as charged

Comment

Isleworth I did warn you that it would be a repeat of the boring league fixture with them.

I am a loyal fan but last night wasn't worth the time, effort and money.

Until we improve the squad in the transfer market with quality then I agree with your wife and say whats the point?

This might mean not going again at this rate but that is a choice I am willing to take.
          The board can't expect fans to keep turning up and they should do alot more offers.

I am just so sorry for you and others that have season tickets, it really is just not fair.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Sorry, couldn't help laughing, we've all been there about the buses.

Comment

Working...
            X