What wound me up most about tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What wound me up most about tonight

We were bullied... Sheffield United are and have always been a very physical side who time waste, dive etc and the majority of people hate their club. Players are getting frustrated at fans, team mates etc and in the past they would respond with aggression and urgency. Today we were beaten to every single second ball which winds me right up and to beat teams like Sheff U you have to get physical. The most pleasing point in the game was when Gorkks then Legs put in hard sliding tackles then Stewart nearly kicked his head off.

To be honest I'm a centre back and I've appreciated but never demanded the boutique stuff. I would much prefer to win ugly than lose playing good football. Being intimidated by other teams IE Morgan is unacceptable. Morgan is a big guy and I'd hardly approach him in a street but if you are truly passionate about football you'd follow through on you're tackles whether they were on Ched Evans or Ricky Hatton.

There are far too many passengers on our team at the moment willing to play good football but not willing to get their hands dirty... well now we're in a rot and we need fighters who are going to keep us within play off distance and not a single one of those 6 figure salary 'men' have responded to the call. Managers may make mistakes in selection and choices but as professional footballers the bare minimum expected when they step on Loftus Road turf is to get stuck in and commit.

There are masses of problems within QPR at the moment but personally what is the difference between me going to support the lads and staying at home is that they'll give whatever they've got.

Lastly, did anyone else find Ramage's attempts to blame the lino for Ched Evans almost scoring deeply embarressing? Ramage played him so far onside it was unreal and his 'passing the buck' strategy reminded me of Georges Santos when he used to injure supporters with his simple passes and blaming it on the turf!

every challnege saw a raised arm from blades...ref?? did nothing

a situation seems to be common at blades..all players raise arm/elbow for every challenge, that's "coaching"
    we are a soft touch

Comment

that is where we miss the likes of rowlands, bircham and mahon;they may not be great skilful players;but they know how to get under the skin of the opposition and rough them up a bit;i thought bircham was excellent at breaking up the oppositions rhythm and stopping teams getting up a head of steam

Comment

Working...
      X