How far has the side come?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How far has the side come?

Not the club, not the ground but the side. How far has it come since January 29th 2008 when we lost 3-1 at Ninian Park against Cardiff?

Our side that day:

Camp
    Delaney, Stewart, Connolly, Hall
    Mahon, Buzsaky, Rowlands, Leigertwood,
    Vine, Agyemang

Ephraim, Mancienne and Blackstock came on as subs.

It's more likely that we played 4-5-1 then the way I've written but how far has the playing side actually come? Remembering from January 1st 2008 to the end of the season we were the 9th best side in the division we currently sit 10th. Obviously I would prefer Simpson than Agyemang and Routledge instead of Vine and Gorkss instead of Hall but is our current XI really that much stronger than this XI?

The likes of Tomassi, Parejo, Ledesma, De Carmine, Helguson, Lopez, Reid, Miller, Watson and Williams have come and gone but did the 11 starters listed above plus Ephraim and Blackstock (none of whom were loanees) really need 22 more signings after this date (Tomassi, Parejo, Taylor, Heaton, Ikeme, Faurlin, Simpson, Taraabt, Borrowdale, Cerny, Ramage, Pellicori, Ledesma, De Carmine, Routledge, Helguson, Lopez, Reid, Miller, Watson, Pickens and Williams)?
    Last edited by sirpiechucker; 12-01-2010, 06:33 PM.

21 signings later and we havent improved...... well done that man with the poor mediocre signings...apart from Simpson youve made a pigs ear of it...SACK HIM!

Comment

Blimey that list of signings since then is quite shocking in terms of success rate
      "Originally Posted by qblockpete
      QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
      Swansea will finish in bottom 6
      Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Shocking.
        Not good enough, given the amount deals done, and the money forked out in loan fees and wages.
        That is not progression, and is certainly not "building a team".

It really makes you wonder.

They HAVE to learn from this.
        Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
          Shocking.
          Not good enough, given the amount deals done, and the money forked out in loan fees and wages.
          That is not progression, and is certainly not "building a team".

It really makes you wonder.

They HAVE to learn from this.
          You and I could point out these alarming facts all day long but they would never listen because "they are shrewd businessmen who don't do failure".

No progression just a waste of money time and time again.

Comment

For a 12 month period, they really are frightening statistics.

Not shocked as i already knew all this, but it is quite sickening to see it all written down.

Comment

Think it goes to show what a good job De Canio did, because in a short space of time he got us from bottom to ninth. Good stats though because if we had Rowlands and Mahon fit, that team wouldn't be far off what we have now..

Tomassi, Parejo, Taylor, Heaton, Ikeme, Faurlin, Simpson, Taraabt, Borrowdale, Cerny, Ramage, Ledesma, De Carmine, Routledge, Helguson, Lopez, Reid, Miller, Watson, Pickens and Williams

Let me dissect those signings, on paper many on that list should improve the team.

First of all the continental contingent..

Tomassi, Parejoo, Faurlin, Pellicori (you forgot him, Tarrabt, Ledesma, Pickens, Helgusson, Cerny, De Carmine.

When we first heard of De Carmine and Parejo, I think we were excited?? When was the last time QPR brought in players from Fiorentina and Real Madrid?/ Parejo had played in a pre-season tour and scored against Arsenal. Its okay after saying these were wastes, but it could have easily gone in our favour// Ledesma, was class, now the critics will say he only showed it against carlisle United, no he didn;t and was MOM before that game in 3 games. Others should have shined in those games, they didn't so the calibre of oppoistion is irrevelant and think we missed out on a kid with potential and personally would have him back, with a continental coach.

Pickens was realy just a Number 2 and when you have a keeper not guaranteed first team football, its hard for them to be bought. That also apllies to Heaton and Ikeme........Pellicori was a waste, but now is on his way

Think we all wanted Tarrabt back at the start of the season and think this was a very good acquistion even on loan for the club, Faulrin was a very good spot and he has a great future.

Fans did call for Helgusson to be signed after his performances versus preston (by memory) and even got ridicul;ed when it was believed he was going somewhere else (think it was before Charlton game). The fact, he has not had a good scoring record for us, now makes it easier to say how bad he
              was.

Cerny is a far better keeper generally than Camp, but must suffer from a lack of confidence and its apparant when the team is not doing well, he seems really nervous..

home based Players

Again on paper, for QPR to get in Routledge, Watson, Reid, Borrowdale, it can be argued that 3 of those 4 would be wanted by the majority of teams in the champiosnhip. The first 3 mentioned should improve any side in this league, especially when you have injuries to key players like we;ve had. What has gone wrong?/

Of the 4, Routledge has undoubtedly done the best, but in my opinion still underacheived.

All in all, most of the players should have improved our position in the league, the fact it isn't probably leads to the consistency of not having a long term manager, because I cannot think of a logical other reason why we have not improved on the pitch, with the players we have brought in.
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Them transfers are quite simply shocking, the money spent on bringing them (even the loans) I'm sure could have gone towards bringing in 5-6 good quality long term signings imo

Comment

we

we seem to go three paces forward,and three paces backwards,unless we get curbs as manager then we should go forward

Comment

Originally posted by Mutley View Post
                    For a 12 month period, they really are frightening statistics.

Not shocked as i already knew all this, but it is quite sickening to see it all written down.
                    Also what is frightening is that we are desperate for the likes of Mahon and Rowlands to return from injury because the side hasn't come on in two years.

The 11 above should by now be the reserves for a much better first XI. Instead the majority are still the first XI and we are still weak in reserve.

2 years on and no natural right back, our number 1 keeper now player of the month for another side and our most prolific striker plying his trade for a team sitting in the automatic promotion places whilst we are trying to offload two duffs (Pellicori and Helguson) in were brought in as replacements. How is that progress?

Comment

you do have take into consideration yes we were 9th, but we came from much lower down 2 months earlier that season
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I can actually say that we are about the same as last year, this time last year we bought routledge and helgusson and borrowdale and loaned Tarrabt. So we are actually exactly the same (despite Faurlin££££).

No real progress made teamwise and leaguewise this season and I don't expect there will be much more progress, we may sign a few odd end players but nothing special and we have a worse manager now that nobody wants...

Thats been the whole problem with QPR, is that this season we didn't improve or progress at all.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                          Think it goes to show what a good job De Canio did, because in a short space of time he got us from bottom to ninth. Good stats though because if we had Rowlands and Mahon fit, that team wouldn't be far off what we have now..

Tomassi, Parejo, Taylor, Heaton, Ikeme, Faurlin, Simpson, Taraabt, Borrowdale, Cerny, Ramage, Ledesma, De Carmine, Routledge, Helguson, Lopez, Reid, Miller, Watson, Pickens and Williams

Let me dissect those signings, on paper many on that list should improve the team.

First of all the continental contingent..

Tomassi, Parejoo, Faurlin, Pellicori (you forgot him, Tarrabt, Ledesma, Pickens, Helgusson, Cerny, De Carmine.

When we first heard of De Carmine and Parejo, I think we were excited?? When was the last time QPR brought in players from Fiorentina and Real Madrid?/ Parejo had played in a pre-season tour and scored against Arsenal. Its okay after saying these were wastes, but it could have easily gone in our favour// Ledesma, was class, now the critics will say he only showed it against carlisle United, no he didn;t and was MOM before that game in 3 games. Others should have shined in those games, they didn't so the calibre of oppoistion is irrevelant and think we missed out on a kid with potential and personally would have him back, with a continental coach.

Pickens was realy just a Number 2 and when you have a keeper not guaranteed first team football, its hard for them to be bought. That also apllies to Heaton and Ikeme........Pellicori was a waste, but now is on his way

Think we all wanted Tarrabt back at the start of the season and think this was a very good acquistion even on loan for the club, Faulrin was a very good spot and he has a great future.

Fans did call for Helgusson to be signed after his performances versus preston (by memory) and even got ridicul;ed when it was believed he was going somewhere else (think it was before Charlton game). The fact, he has not had a good scoring record for us, now makes it easier to say how bad he
                          was.

Cerny is a far better keeper generally than Camp, but must suffer from a lack of confidence and its apparant when the team is not doing well, he seems really nervous..

home based Players

Again on paper, for QPR to get in Routledge, Watson, Reid, Borrowdale, it can be argued that 3 of those 4 would be wanted by the majority of teams in the champiosnhip. The first 3 mentioned should improve any side in this league, especially when you have injuries to key players like we;ve had. What has gone wrong?/

Of the 4, Routledge has undoubtedly done the best, but in my opinion still underacheived.

All in all, most of the players should have improved our position in the league, the fact it isn't probably leads to the consistency of not having a long term manager, because I cannot think of a logical other reason why we have not improved on the pitch, with the players we have brought in
                          What I have put in bold is a whole lot of 'what if'

Every single signing every single club makes should improve on what they got. But, as we know, footballers flop at certain clubs. So to say that they should have done better as a justification doesnt work. Far too many ...

Just because they should have worked, doesnt make it a good deal. If they flop, they flop, and they are a bad signing.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                            you do have take into consideration yes we were 9th, but we came from much lower down 2 months earlier that season
                            Not sure what your point is??? But on that date we were still 19th and we were thrashed but the core of the team is still the team today. Lots of players have been brought in unneccessarily and we've not progressed.

Why when you already have Leigertwood, Mahon, Buzsaky and Rowlands who all play centre midfield does the club sign Tomassi and Parejo? Why when we have Vine, Ephraim, Rowlands, Ainsworth and Buzsaky do the club sign Alberti and Ledesma? Regardless of how well/not well these players went onto play were they even needed in the first place?

Hindsight is obviously a wonderful thing but we should have looked at the core team who were playing well under De Canio and strengthened the weak areas.

Instead we signed players for the sake of doing so. For example, why sign an unknown, unexperienced foreigner from Italy when we could have signed someone like Clinton Morrison?

Comment

It seems to me, we have been bouncing between top 6/8 and midtable.

Each manger is having 'a bounce' and then forwhatever reason, its onto the next.

The next step is being thwarted due to the board. No patience.
                              There lies the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X