QPR Transfer Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR Transfer Policy

Looking at this transfer window and the previous few it looks to me that we keep trying to pick up Premiership players instead of looking around in the championship and lower divisions.

Most of the time we pick up these premiership players who cant get in there team. In cases such as Connolly & Hogan its different because at the time they were both contracted to clubs who had world class players in there position but we are picking up reserves from teams such as Hull, Wolves etc. Now there are hardly world class players keeping them out of the team is there?

Arguably our best signings of recent years have been Connolly, Gorkss and Routeledge. Although Routeledge was contracted to a premiership team he had been playing in the championship when we signed him, as were Connolly and Gorkss.

My arguement is we should be trying to pick up the best of the players outside the premiership. This way we might have to pay a transfer fee but we wont be stuck with players who were reserve players in premiership teams on premiership wages.

Just look at some of the very good players who have been picked up by our rivals from the championship and below; Maynard, Haynes, Ward, Blackstock*, Mcgoldrick, Best, Cox, Mattock. These are just the ones i can think of off the top of my head.

Also players from Scotland, Maccormak and Adams

Any one think i have a point or do you think its better picking up the fringe premiership players?

Originally posted by Voiceofreason View Post
    Looking at this transfer window and the previous few it looks to me that we keep trying to pick up Premiership players instead of looking around in the championship and lower divisions.

Most of the time we pick up these premiership players who cant get in there team. In cases such as Connolly & Hogan its different because at the time they were both contracted to clubs who had world class players in there position but we are picking up reserves from teams such as Hull, Wolves etc. Now there are hardly world class players keeping them out of the team is there?

Arguably our best signings of recent years have been Connolly, Gorkss and Routeledge. Although Routeledge was contracted to a premiership team he had been playing in the championship when we signed him, as were Connolly and Gorkss.

My arguement is we should be trying to pick up the best of the players outside the premiership. This way we might have to pay a transfer fee but we wont be stuck with players who were reserve players in premiership teams on premiership wages.

Just look at some of the very good players who have been picked up by our rivals from the championship and below; Maynard, Haynes, Ward, Blackstock*, Mcgoldrick, Best, Cox, Mattock. These are just the ones i can think of off the top of my head.

Also players from Scotland, Maccormak and Adams

Any one think i have a or do you think its better picking up the fringe premiership players?

Agree strongly mate, definitly the approach the club should of taken and one i believe they would have if a manager was in charge of the transfers.

I actually started a similar thread the other day

poinhttp://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44206t

Comment

I really don't think we have a transfer policy. A transfer policy is a coherent vision with a view of building a team for the future. We most certainly do not have this. Primarily because every manager we have lasts approx 3 months. Therefore we have a hotpotch of 5 previous managers vision for the club.

The two main things we seem to consider when buying someone. 1. Cost. Can we have them on loan i.e on the cheap. and 2. Not playing. Nearly every one we sign is not playing regularly for their club (your point).
      :drunk:

Comment

I think we should start to snap up the best Championship players. Not only would we improve our side with players used to performing at this level but would also weaken our opposition line-ups. Players like Hooper and Commons etc.

Isn't this what Forest have been doing? Seems to be working for them. (Though they do let their manager decide who he wants and let him manage.)

Maybe we should try that too? ;)

Comment

Isn't it that, following advice from Arsene Wenger, we've been trying to recruit tomorrow's stars from abroad - like Lesesma, Alberti, Pareho, Faurlin etc. Trouble is that, unlike Wenger, we're not very good at it (Faurlin possibly excepted) !!

Comment

What constitues the best in the championshiP??

or Is it who is flavour of the month??

I remember Chopra being touted before, hasn't done much for a while??

Hooper hasn't done that much either..
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

"QPR WILL NOT BE SPENDING BIG." So ran the banner headline across the back page of the Ealing Gazzette.

Paul Hart was quoted as saying,"Everybody thinks that QPR are splashing out money all over the place, that's simply not the case."

First, with regard to the banner headline, tell us something we don't know, why don't ya?

Second, what kind of idiot believes that QPR spends a lot of dosh acquiring the best players it can? And are they safe to be let out amongst the general public?

The transfer policy at QPR is likely to ensure two things.

1. It won't exactly whet the appetites of those QPR fans who didn't re-new STs at the end of last season.

2. It's highly likely that we will lose a few more of our dwindling band of ST holders once this campaign is over.

The board must end this vicious circle it's drawn around itself. The board must start to seriously invest in management and players, they must ensure that mountains are moved in order to get our club back into the premiership, where we all believe we belong, and not continue to operate the playing side of things on nothing more than a wing and a prayer.

Maybe, I'm being too simplistic, but we're not a club on it's uppers anymore, and it makes perfect sense to me.

Comment

Our transfer policy is very simple. GP phones up a mate and says who have you got that we can have? He listens to his "mate" big up one of his clients and sells it to him. GP then goes to FB and says he has the answer to all our problems (again)...

Fact is within football circles we are a joke and will continue to be one whilst the current set up remains as it is.
                "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                  What constitues the best in the championshiP??

or Is it who is flavour of the month??

I remember Chopra being touted before, hasn't done much for a while??

Who was it that attempted to sign him in the summer?

Comment

prem players like simpson, tarrabt, cerny, routledge, helguson, connelly who most would agree are among the best in this division i for one want hungry players from the premier league. Also signing players that we fans have heard of so we come on the board and slate before they have kicked a ball !

Comment

Who are these most?
                      "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                      QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                      Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                      Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
                        Who are these most?
                        well i dont see a lot of other clubs with this talent in there squad. I live near Ipswich and as such follow whats happening to them - they are owned by a wealthy owner who must of broke the bank to get Roy Keane there and he has spent at least 6 million on players some from the premiership and look how there doing - but they have a fantasic center-half......Delaney...NOT !!

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

pmsl.....if you call 9 in 17 not good...then you would be correct.

Comment

Hooper scored yesterday and has been injured for a while. He is also banging goals in for a team struggling in the league, he will get more chances in our team.

Look at players like Mckenna for Forest or Alexander at Burnley. These players have been the catalyst for success at both there clubs yet we would prefer to go for bench warmers from the prem?

Comment

Originally posted by markarnold View Post
                              well i dont see a lot of other clubs with this talent in there squad. I live near Ipswich and as such follow whats happening to them - they are owned by a wealthy owner who must of broke the bank to get Roy Keane there and he has spent at least 6 million on players some from the premiership and look how there doing - but they have a fantasic center-half......Delaney...NOT !!
                              Is that the same Ipswich Town who have backed their manager and not sacked him because they have patience? Is that the same team who are currently 7th in the form table whereas we are 22nd? Is that the same Delaney who the fans think is having a fantastic season now he's being played in his correct position? Also how come Delaney is so bad in your opinion but Ipswich have conceded fewer goals than we have and just thumped us 3-0?

Yes they started their season off badly but they have lost the same amount of games as we have. Unless we invest they will finish the season above us. We were 15 points ahead of Ipswich on the 23rd October and we are now just 8. I know a few Tractors fans and they are more than happy with Keane and can see the improvements he is making. They have patience, unfortunately the majority of our fans don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X