went to ground yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• went to ground yesterday

was in the bok with 20 of the dutch ( some others went to arsenal and another group was elsewhere)
    SAR was ok
    loftus rd and streets near police station were icy, you had to walk in the road.

uxbridge rd was 100% ok....imo game could've gone ahead with a bit of effort.

still itwas another unbeaten saturday to celebrate!!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

True facto and it gives us more time to bring in much needed players.
      I think we would of lost it so lets hope we get in a striker
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
        was in the bok with 20 of the dutch ( some others went to arsenal and another group was elsewhere)
        SAR was ok
        loftus rd and streets near police station were icy, you had to walk in the road.

uxbridge rd was 100% ok....imo game could've gone ahead with a bit of effort.
        According to Daily Telegraph today..... Frozen Pitch, was the official reason the game was postponed!

Seems strange to me, thought we had heating, and that the team trained on it on Weds or Thurs?

Comment

This wasn't the case. As stated the by the club the players trained on the pitch for two days last week due to the training ground being snowed under. It was the police and council who opposed the fixture going ahead. We live in a blame society nowadays. Where there's blame there's a claim and all thought it wasn't worth the risk!

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
            This wasn't the case. As stated the by the club the players trained on the pitch for two days last week due to the training ground being snowed under. It was the police and council who opposed the fixture going ahead. We live in a blame society nowadays. Where there's blame there's a claim and all thought it wasn't worth the risk!
            That is why if the pitch is playable, the game should go ahead with or without the fans. Also, West Brom and Leicester manage to play but i guess they were lucky or was it a case that they played, so they did not loose the sky TV money ?

Comment

maybe i'll get a medal for braving the ice and not slipping!??

crazy world we live in....i'd like to know why councils didn't grit streets sooner/at all despite our taxes and rates.

Comment

Some strange shots from Upton Park on SSN yesterday, virtually snow/ice free all around the ground. Yet called off for H&S reasons.

Manchester has still got a covering of snow & ice and yet the City game goes ahead tonight.

We're all going to hell in a handcart.
                QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

Anyone know if the game will be on tomorrow?
                  We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

Originally posted by qpr_yuley View Post
                    Ask Neil. I believe he's pouring over Met Office data as we speak, and will have an up to date prediction within the next few hours.
                    QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

Interesting. 15,000 people at the o2 arena on Saturday night. Event went ahead as planned. Smaller number of people estimated at LR, yet event cancelled. Live Nation and AEG would probably have sued Greenwich Borough Council had the event NOT gone ahead.

Why?

NB - not a pop at anyone at QPR - more a comment that football fans are treated with the utmost disrespect by the police and local authorities.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr_yuley View Post
                        yes it is

Comment

Liverpool cancel their game due to H&S crap but allow a stadium tour to go ahead instead. They would have lost to spurs so they called it off to buy time and is another reason why if the pitch is playable, the game goes ahead with or without fans.

January 10 - The debate over Liverpool's controversial decision to postpone today’s Premier league fixture with Tottenham Hotspur has been further fuelled by the Anfield club openly advertising official tours of the stadium for the very same day.

When the high-profile game was called off because of the weather 48 hours beforehand, furious fans flooded radio phone-ins to inquire how the decision could have been taken so early especially with the pitch perfectly playable.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger later called on the Premier League to ensure fair play by investigating all requests to postpone fixtures, the inference being that it could suit certain teams to get key players fit.

Liverpool's Javier Mascherano would have served the last in a four-game suspension against Tottenham but that will now be replaced by the FA cup replay against Reading.

Moreover, today's postponement - apparently for health and safety reasons on the approach roads to Anfield - gave Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres more time to regain full fitness.

Remarkably, despite the televised game being called off, Liverpool’s official website invited guests to visit the stadium.

Under the heading Sunday: "Enjoy stadium Tour", the invitation added that "fans will be able to enjoy one of our acclaimed tours of Anfield on Sunday despite the wintery conditions."

The website notice will infuriate both ticket holders and television supporters who had been keen to watch the game.

No allegations have been levelled at Liverpool since all but two Premier League fixtures were called off this weekend.

And in fairness, Tottenham would have been without the injured Aaron Lennon, arguably their most influential player.

But the North London club have enjoyed the greater momentum in the race for a Champions League spot and Liverpool's website announcement can only serve to heighten suspicions, especially after Wenger's comments.

'The Premier League has a responsibility to check if everybody behaves honestly,"said the Arsenal manager.

"What maybe should happen is that the Premier League sends somebody...to investigate the pitch and make a decision.

"It can be a check on the surrounding area as well."

http://www.insideworldfootball.biz/i...news&Itemid=55

Comment

Originally posted by tim westwood View Post
                            easier to clear it up around 02 as you only got a walk from station and not surroundig roads like at Loftus Road and walk from various stations
                            OK - Wembley Arena then. That event went ahead. Longer walk from Wembley Central & Park than White City to LR....

Comment

The difference is Nodge that people that go to the O2 and Wembley arena DON'T have 20 pints of beer inside them.
                              Unfortunately drink and football goes together like coffee and creame
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                              X