Attendances at QPR....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attendances at QPR....

...... makes interesting reading,particularly the claim of crowds of 20,000 just before the take-over.....

QPR ATTENDANCES SEASON BY SEASON
    2009/2010 - 13,409 (after 12 home games) (MagiltoN/Gallen-Bircham/Hart)
    2008/2009 - 14,003 (Dowie/Ainsworth/Sousa/Ainsworth)
    2007/2008 - 13,958 (Gregory/Harford/De Canio)
    2006/2007 - 12,936 (Waddock/Gregory)
    [* Or September 2007 Club takeover statement "QPR is one of the best supported football clubs in the Championship ...home games averaging approximately 20,000, in the 2006/2007 season."]
    2005/2006 - 13,440 (Holloway/Waddock)
    2004/2005 - 16,055 (QPR's First back in the Championship after promotion)
    2003/2004 - 14,784 (QPR Promotion Season)
    2002/2003 - 13,206 (QPR Playoff Season) QPR Year-by-Year Attendances

in my opinion gee we will never get back to the attendances of old days unless we go out and sign a big name.......

by the way i think we are related now as RFE is now my adopted dad, that makes you my grandad:red_heart::red_heart::red_heart::red_heart :

Comment

Best season was when we got promoted from Division 1.

Fans couldn't believe their luck when prices didn;t go up for the following season and that contributed to the higher attendances, plus calibre of football of playing better teams. Its been pretty much the same since.

The faze wore off and now its pretty consistent. Without doubt, if we got promoted we would have the highest attendances in years. Power of SKY and the prospect of QPR playing the like of Spurs and Arsenal, would really get the juices flowing. Problem is, at this rate its at least another 18 months away
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
        ...... makes interesting reading,particularly the claim of crowds of 20,000 just before the take-over.....

QPR ATTENDANCES SEASON BY SEASON
        2009/2010 - 13,409 (after 12 home games) (MagiltoN/Gallen-Bircham/Hart)
        2008/2009 - 14,003 (Dowie/Ainsworth/Sousa/Ainsworth)
        2007/2008 - 13,958 (Gregory/Harford/De Canio)
        2006/2007 - 12,936 (Waddock/Gregory)
        [* Or September 2007 Club takeover statement "QPR is one of the best supported football clubs in the Championship ...home games averaging approximately 20,000, in the 2006/2007 season."]
        2005/2006 - 13,440 (Holloway/Waddock)
        2004/2005 - 16,055 (QPR's First back in the Championship after promotion)
        2003/2004 - 14,784 (QPR Promotion Season)
        2002/2003 - 13,206 (QPR Playoff Season) QPR Year-by-Year Attendances
        I guess we are actually a small club. When you compare our crowds to those of Saints, Charlton, Norwich, Ipswich even Watford, Palace and Cov. These are IMO our Peer group, so conclusion the crowds are about right for a club of our stature.

Boo

Comment

Originally posted by HA9 RANGER View Post
          in my opinion gee we will never get back to the attendances of old days unless we go out and sign a big name.......

by the way i think we are related now as RFE is now my adopted dad, that makes you my grandad:red_heart::red_heart::red_heart::red_heart :
          Couldn't agree more my beloved grandson (thats 4 I've got now),but just can't see it happening under this lot - remember we're just a "hobby" according to FB,and while he thinks like that we're going nowhere.Just look at Forest - promoted last year and look like doing the same this season.They played 3 strikers last night and our home draw with them earlier this season is starting to look like a good result.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            Best season was when we got promoted from Division 1.

Fans couldn't believe their luck when prices didn;t go up for the following season and that contributed to the higher attendances, plus calibre of football of playing better teams. Its been pretty much the same since.

The faze wore off and now its pretty consistent. Without doubt, if we got promoted we would have the highest attendances in years. Power of SKY and the prospect of QPR playing the like of Spurs and Arsenal, would really get the juices flowing. Problem is, at this rate its at least another 18 months away

Spot on Pete (my birth date sharing buddie).The only thing I can't agree with is the 18 months bit.Its just not going to happen under Briatore and the sooner we get used to it the better.For as long as he's going to rely on loanees,crocks and cast off strikers we're going nowhere.

Comment

You maybe right.

Flavio is not going to splash the cash, so its a matter of being consistent and hopefully the additions we get will frshen things up. Trouble as I suggest earlier in the week, when you have crowds of of 13,000 its not economical to be spending millions and its a total myth created by the media, that we have actually spent anything in terms of transfers
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

proves how small we are...over 8 seasons 13700 average.

our best was 16000 after promotion and i bet not all season ticket holders went all games as the season floundered!

great idea to raise prices 33-50% and alienate further unhappy fans. sarcasm there.

Comment

there is no way we could average 20,000 per game, the stadium only holds 18-19,000
                  Queens Park Rangers Til I Die!

Comment

said it many a time we have a max home following of 15000 premiership or not!!!
                    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Think the bans on the youth section have kept the numbers down.LOL
                      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Boo Radley View Post
                        I guess we are actually a small club. When you compare our crowds to those of Saints, Charlton, Norwich, Ipswich even Watford, Palace and Cov. These are IMO our Peer group, so conclusion the crowds are about right for a club of our stature.

Boo
                        Our crowds are pretty much the same to Cov, Palace and Watford.

Comment

Originally posted by Magic View Post
                          Our crowds are pretty much the same to Cov, Palace and Watford.
                          at least 15 % lower and we are the highest placed I think.

Comment

Working...
                          X