No announcement yet.

I'd Better Start With A Rumour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beckford wouldnt go for £1.75 million though.
    Leeds would want at least £3million considering his scoring record.

Comment

So pete r u saying u think we will go for beckford or is that just a fantasy name someone has plucked out of the air?

Comment

The money that Leeds would want for Beckford I couldnt see us paying.
        A Player can score goals for fun in League 1 but its a gamble.
        Look at Fryatt for Leicester, he is scoring for fun but couldnt cut it in the Championship.

A few years ago, some were raving about Izale Mcleod of MK Dons, Charlton paid £1million for him and we was shat.

Comment

If we had campbell and beckford I'd be booking a venue now for the we are the reigning champion boys celebratory party. We wd blow this league away like reading did the year they went up with two hot strikers. That said, I'd fall of my bar stool if we signed either let alone both...

Comment

Beckford would be great for us.
            QPR - 2010 Championship Champions

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
              The money that Leeds would want for Beckford I couldnt see us paying.
              A Player can score goals for fun in League 1 but its a gamble.
              Look at Fryatt for Leicester, he is scoring for fun but couldnt cut it in the Championship.

A few years ago, some were raving about Izale Mcleod of MK Dons, Charlton paid £1million for him and we was shat.
              Sheff Utd spent £2m on Billy Sharp who ****ed L1, for the most part he's been ****e for them....

Beckford has already flopped once at this level and IMO would do so again...

Di Carmine seems to get better with every game as he learns about the league and physicality of it....

Would be happy to have him for another season but don't believe for a second he would want to stay

Comment

Priskin at Watford is a good shout. He is big and strong and also has a lot of skill. He has played route 1 for Watford and is now playing more 'on the floor football' and has coped with both.He is young and wouldn't cost a fortune.
                RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

so how would you play 2 strikers in 4-5-1 formation then?

Comment

Originally posted by martyhoop View Post
                    so how would you play 2 strikers in 4-5-1 formation then?
                    Regarding the two new, much needed strikers we should be prepared to spend a bit of cash and therefore take a longer term view than just the one season of them getting us up. Therefore, personally, I wouldn't go for a Jermaine Beckford type because there is absolutely no guarantee he will get goals in the CCC let alone the Prem. We will need strikers of proven CCC or lower Prem quality. Exactly who I don't know but we are going to have to spend some serious money if we want to be taken seriously!

Comment

Originally posted by qprjim View Post
                      What are you basing that on Nodge? in the games i've seen him in he has oozed class, has two good feet, pace and is good aerial prowess. He reminds me of a young sir les.

Absolutely nothing to do with his footballing ability. Look deeper, as per McLeod, the baggage carried simply isn't worth it. He wouldn't be stuck in League 1 now.

Comment

Originally posted by Urshole View Post
                        Campbell season long loan with a view to perm and Priskin would probably cost around 1M
                        Thats not too much to ask for surely

Man Utd turned down a £7m bid from Hull in January for Campbell. Why would they accept a season long loan and then a perm deal for £3m?

Comment

the 1.75m striker is 'defo' not beckford............leeds want 2.5/3m which is silly money.........think div one top scorers???.........fantastic finisher.........not 'big' target man !!!
                          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

[IMG]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2009/3/3/1236068690188/Gary-Hooper-S****horpe-Un-001.jpg[/IMG]
                            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Marton Fulop would be a great No.2. With a few new players in the summer i would also love to see the intergration of some of our youth players. eg. Rose, German, Oastler.etc
                              and try and get them into good players with a future
                              Everyday Plumbers Bristol
                              63 Sommerville Road, Bristol, BS7 9AD.
                              0117 239 1217
                              http://redlandplumbing.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                                Marton Fulop would be a great No.2. With a few new players in the summer i would also love to see the intergration of some of our youth players. eg. Rose, German, Oastler.etc
                                and try and get them into good players with a future

Fulop currently Sunderland 1st team keeper. Why would he come here?

Comment

Working...
                                X