• Show
Clear All

PeterG

Spot on

FACT

AGREED

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
      from a football and business point of view getting rid of Sousa was inexplicable to me, He is a winner and it was a real coup bringing him in.

I dont think it was results that got him sacked there were other reasons but if ever there was a manager we should have had patience with it was him.
      Flavios bird or Giannis daughter fancied him...he had to go :waaaht:
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

praps he new to much about football and GP didnt like that...Let me think sousa =played in one of the most skillfull national sides,Won a couple of champions league medals..a number of domestic medals and could attract big name stars had he been left in the job.

GP= hit the big time with a 1 game long career with naples....er cant think of any else he did as a player...

Comment

He's won a load of titles and The European Cup

He's come down to the Rangers and he's going to take us up

Whoooo

Paolo Sousa

Comment

He should have at least got us into the Play offs..

He started nearer to it, then Hart is.

I bet we make more a fight of it this season??
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

i hope so..

Comment

Anyone who has played football or even managed football at any level, will know that you build teams from the back.That the ideals i was brought up on and have heard and seen in football for many years.

Is it true? Well all i can say is that it has worked for me and appears to have worked for many pro teams.

Under PS...i felt our football was a tadge boring, but i always felt that we could defend a lead..or a draw.

We have gone from solid defence and weak up front ....to great going forward and rather ****e at the back.

I would have liked to have seen PS stay on to see what he was trying to build.But then to be fair, add the names LDC Ian Dowie Jim to the frame.

Its very hard to judge a manager and his team on about 15-20 performances.

I like the way that Ipswich didn't shat their pants and sack Keane.He appears to have bedded down and appears to be getting results.

PS LDC ID JM or Paul hart(yes im lazy) - please just give them a full season to choose their players style of play and see what develops.The past 3 years i feel have be rather a wasted opportunity.

Comment

building from the back is a myth.

That seed was already sowed by Dowie, who had a smilar defensive record and Sousa was basically using the same defenders
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by w12chris View Post
                    Flavios bird or Giannis daughter fancied him...he had to go :waaaht:
                    Nah - that was Dowie

Comment

Pete-come on-Sousa got the defence playing better than ever,

it might not have been the most attractive football but we were hard to beat,and,as you know,his most creative players wre injured.

Comment

Pete - building from the back is absolutely not a myth, and I think most top managers and pundits would disagree with you.

I thought the football under Sousa was dull, and at time his decisions seemed very strange (Blackstock, Borrowdale/Delaney, Di Carmine). Thing is, how many of those decisions were his, how many were not or were forced upon him from above. We don;t ever know at QPR because the club is run by people who blatantly interfere, and by people who have massive temper tantrums and cannot take advice or criticism, form what I can tell.

Sousa is doing well so far at Swansea, who knows if he will be any good, it is too short a time. But our treatment of him was disgraceful. I just wish he'd talk out so we can at least hear his side of the situation.

He did have major players missing, and I would be interested to see where we would have been now under his stewardship. We'll never know.

Time for everyone to move on I guess, but what we need is someone who may take us back a step for a few months but with the main aim of taking us forward a lot of steps in the longer term. But to do that you need to give someone time and power to do things their way. Will we ever do that under this ownershp and setup?

Comment

Buidling from the back is the way to go of course, I'm just saying that was already in place, when Sousa came in.

Very similar defensive records.

Comment

What we do know for a FACT is that many of our players said,on record,that Sousa was the best coach that they had ever worked for.

Comment

As I say Pete - depends on how you think.Being a defender myself - its why i think that way.If i do not let a goal in...the n at the least we have secured a point.

Newcastle under keegan were probably the best attacking team in the league at that time....but won nowt.....scoring 3.4.5 butting always prone to letting one more in.

Liverpool in the 70s. Arsenal in 80s were always winning 1-0...boring...? maybe...but they won trophys.Not many teams win trophys without a tight back line...Even Chelsea were labelled boring for grinding out results.

I think it's essential to have a solid back 4 with a commanding keeper - having complete confidence in them to keep a clean sheet.

Even when we were good in the Prem days....our defence was always prone to letting goals in....It was only due to fact that Les got us out of jail on more than one occassion.

In our most successful season in 1975...when we finished second....only 1 team let in fewer goals than us....Liverpool and they won it.-We were 4th highest scorers.The team that scored the most come.....15th in the league....

Comment

rblockells

seriously mate, they liked Dowie the most

Comment

Working...
                                X