Very Basic Sums - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Basic Sums - Part 2

Below are all the players we have signed since the takeover. Although the official takeover was after the season started we know that both Ephraim and Leigertwood were signed using the owners money to fund the transfer.

Adel Taarabt Tottenham
    Akos Buzsaky Plymouth
    Alejandro Faurlin Institute
    Alessandro Pellicori Avellino
    Ben Watson Wigan
    Bob Malcolm Derby
    Chris Arthur Kettering
    Damiano Tommasi Levante
    Damien Delaney Hull
    Daniel Parejo Real Madrid
    Emmanuel Ledesma Genoa
    Fitz Hall Wigan
    Gary Borrowdale Coventry
    Gavin Mahon Watford
    Heidar Helguson Bolton
    Hogan Ephraim West Ham
    Jason Jarrett Preston
    Jay Simpson Arsenal
    Jordi Lopez Mallorca
    Kaspars Gorkss Blackpool
    Kieran Lee Man Utd
    Lee Cook Fulham
    Liam Miller Sunderland
    Martin Cranie Portsmouth
    Matt Pickens Chicago
    Matthew Connolly Arsenal
    Mikele Leigertwood Sheff Utd
    Michael Mancienne Chelsea
    Patrick Agyemang Preston
    Peter Ramage Newcastle
    Radek Cerny Tottenham
    Rhys Taylor Chelsea
    Rowan Vine Birmingham
    Samuel De Carmine Fiorentina
    Scott Sinclair Chelsea
    Steven Reid Blackburn
    Tom Heaton Man Utd
    Tom Williams Peterborough
    Wayne Routledge Aston Villa

That is 39 players in 2½ years, which includes loanees, freebies and paid for transactions. Each player who joined the club will in some way will have cost the club money whether it be in salaries, agent fees, transfer fees or signing on fees. The club have chosen to spend money on each of these signings regardless of where the money has come from to pay them. Whether the club has generated x million from the fans or x million from advertising and sponsorship one thing for sure is that all 39 players have joined (and some have now departed) since the takeover. Thus meaning that however much people argue, the board have proven that they are been prepared to spend money.

Your guess is as good as mine on exactly how much money has been spent on these players?!? I don't believe that Jason Jarrett would have cost the club a great deal but its all money that could have been spent elsewhere. Same could be said Kieran Lee, same could be said about Chris Arthur as could it be said about Damiano Tommassi. None of them played a great deal (if any) for the first team but collectively how much did they cost the club? Add Pellicori and Alberti to this as well as players like Parejo, Ledesma, Malcolm, Pickens and Sinclair and the money spent just keeps going up and up. Money which ultimately could have been spent elsewhere.

This isn't an attack on Paladini, Briatore or any one person in particular but it is their collective responsibility. They have chosen to spend money on the playing staff and whether you agree with me or not too many of the 39 listed have failed. All clubs will sign duds, all clubs will sign players who were never expected to flop but do (Shevchenko for Chelsea, Kluviert for Newcastle and Morienties for Liverpool to name but three). We are no different but how many of the 39 listed could be regarded as successes?

Not sure whether Balanta could/should be included in the list above because he came through the youth system but with Stewart and Rowlands already at the club and Camp and Blackstock here prior to the takeover we already had the core of the side in place. The likes of Hall and Connolly were improvements on Rehman, Curtis and Cullip and so therefore can be deemed neccessary signings regardless of whether they have performed for us or not. But why then go on and sign Gorkss and Ramage when you have already bought 2 centre backs? Why sign Alberti when we already had Buzsaky, Vine, Ephraim and Ainsworth who can all play on the wing?

Bringing players to club who are an improvement on who is already there is one thing but to sign quantity for the sake of it is a waste of money. If the current rumours are true and we are to sign two more central midfielders then what was the point of signing Faurlin just a few months ago?

I will never be one who says that the board hasn't spent money but the proof is listed above that the money has not been very well spent. The argument that Routledge, Connolly, Gorkss, Simpson and Taraabt are very good players is a valid one but why sign Lopez, Arthur, Sinclair, Malcolm, Pickens, Alberti, Pellicori, Jarrett, Miller, Lee, Ledesma, Parejo etc etc?

We already had Camp, Stewart, Rowlands, Blackstock meaning that improvements were needed on about a dozen players instead we've signed 39 players (or two squads worth) with the majority having been flops and duds.

To end I'll do some simple maths:

Agyemang + Pellicori + Alberti = Ebanks-Blake
    Miller + Jarrett + Lopez + Watson + Reid = Kitson

and presumably just as many players left as well, and their salaries with them.

Comment

Originally posted by qprsteve View Post
      and presumably just as many players left as well, and their salaries with them.
      Of course lots of people left not sure what your point is?

The club by signing those 39 players have chosen to spend money but unfortunately in most cases they have spent it badly and we are left in the position we are now as a result.

Comment

sorry, I'm not disputing the facts and your assessment of it, I agree with you. I sidelined myself with my theory that the club are only spending our money, and not theirs, and that's why we're not getting good signings. I think flavio is under the impression he can make football pay.

Comment

Good Lord - there's some agents fees in that little lot isn't there?????

Comment

Originally posted by qprsteve View Post
            sorry, I'm not disputing the facts and your assessment of it, I agree with you. I sidelined myself with my theory that the club are only spending our money, and not theirs, and that's why we're not getting good signings. I think flavio is under the impression he can make football pay.
            Oh I see I was having a blonde moment.

As I say I think its clear when you look at the squad 3 years ago and look at who's left it has changed dramatically but even still we have just one recognised full back and no depth upfront.

39 signings but still no proper right back. No competition at left back. No depth of quality upfront.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
              Oh I see I was having a blonde moment.

As I say I think its clear when you look at the squad 3 years ago and look at who's left it has changed dramatically but even still we have just one recognised full back and no depth upfront.

39 signings but still no proper right back. No competition at left back. No depth of quality upfront.
              that is pretty shocking isnt it? If it is one individual who is picking and choosing those players then they have made a right pigs ear of it and wasted a helluva lot of money to get where we are today.....what were they thinking?

Comment

You might not want to point the finger, but the one constant in all of this is Paladini.

All roads lead back there whatever way the story is spun.

We should only be signing players if 1. they are an improvement in what we have and 2. if we have a need to cover for injuries (as we do in CM right now). LOANS should be used to cover the latter.

That list is, frankly embarrassing. TWENTY midfielders out of 39? Do we play six in midfield each game?

Shocking. Come on Spin Doctors, start your turntables turning...

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                  that is pretty shocking isnt it? If it is one individual who is picking and choosing those players then they have made a right pigs ear of it and wasted a helluva lot of money to get where we are today.....what were they thinking?
                  Get rid of Paladini and see a radical improvement in our transfers.

Comment

Id like to see a list of all 39 players and how much they cost totalled up!?

Id also like to see a list of all the players we have sold and have that cost totalled up!?

Perhaps then we will see a around about figure of how much has been spent on the playing staff since the takeover.
                    Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by davman View Post
                      You might not want to point the finger, but the one constant in all of this is Paladini.

All roads lead back there whatever way the story is spun.

We should only be signing players if 1. they are an improvement in what we have and 2. if we have a need to cover for injuries (as we do in CM right now). LOANS should be used to cover the latter.

That list is, frankly embarrassing. TWENTY midfielders out of 39? Do we play six in midfield each game?

Shocking. Come on Spin Doctors, start your turntables turning...
                      Already turning mate, pete was claiming last night Flav chooses the players

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered View Post
                        Id like to see a list of all 39 players and how much they cost totalled up!?

Id also like to see a list of all the players we have sold and have that cost totalled up!?

Perhaps then we will see a around about figure of how much has been spent on the playing staff since the takeover.
                        The point actually isn't how much we've spent but how we've spent it.

I would rather we had spent the same money on 15 better quality players than we have done on the 39 that have actually joined the club.

Comment

Excellent topic, just to see in a list all together who we have signed. Makes for very interesting reading and as stated, would be nice to see a list of the departures as well as the arrivals.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                            The point actually isn't how much we've spent but how we've spent it.

I would rather we had spent the same money on 15 better quality players than we have done on the 39 that have actually joined the club.
                            Amen

Comment

I don't disagree with the original post, as it is very well written.

Davman question for you

Gianni goes to Flavio and says "we can have Beckford for 2 million, his contract runs out in July and he wants say 12k a week, I would like him.

Would Flavio say YES to the deal???????????

Nodge 70, agents fees apart from one segment over 6 months, we were near the bottom of the league table, so didn't really see that as an issue. Many of the players highlighted are loans and by memory players like Jarrett, were before Flavio
                              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                              X