Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoting Reports From This Season..Please read

I've seen pete make similar comments, yet get ridiculed=

Please tell me which site, these reports came from? Double standards spring into my mind..

Anyone who gets it right, will win a block of cheese

"Changes were made to the QPR starting eleven before kick off – hardly a surprise given our propensity to chop and change throughout this season"

"I left my position at the back of the stand in the third of four advertised minutes of stoppage time, stopping only briefly in the exit tunnel to see our final corner land plum on the head of the Doncaster man at the near post. Our set pieces remain an abject embarrassment to our players and coaching staff. I can coach an under eights team to take corners."

"Sousa must shoulder some of the blame for both problems. He has had players in form this year and either dropped them, as he did with Blackstock and Helguson, or chopped and changed their role in the team to the point of distraction, as with Routledge."

After Southampton

"I do believe a large part of the current problem is the lack of confidence in our team and consistency in our team selection. The players don’t seem sure of the roles they are being asked to play and poor results as a consequence of that have resulted in loss of confidence. The problems this chopping and changing was designed to eradicate are still obvious – this was our ninth goalless draw of the season and the eighteenth time we have failed to score in a game."
    Last edited by BigShark; 12-04-2009, 07:02 PM.

I throw in another one, just for good measure.

In fact seems pete and this guy actually agree. Yet one gets patted on the back and the other gets chinned.

Who is this reporter?

after Ipswich

"Therefore the system is too negative for home games and Sousa’s persistence with it despite draws against ten man Coventry, Reading, Watford and Burnley came back to haunt us on Saturday. As did his stubborn refusal to remove Mahon from the action, presumably because he though the crowd would destroy him as he went off. That should not be a consideration – even Mahon himself knew he should be going off and started trotting towards the touchline when the Miller sub was made"

before the Norwich game

"The R’s lined up in another new system. After 4-5-1 and 4-4-2 in the two away games leading up this fixture Sousa switched again to a narrow 4-3-3, eyes down for any line across, with Routledge playing behind a front two of Blackstock and Helguson. The usual back four of Connolly, Gorkss, Stewart and Delaney started in front of Cerny in goal. Sousa gave a first start in midfield to Spanish midfielder Jordi Lopez in between Leigertwood in an unorthodx semi-wide-left role and Miller on the other side."
    Last edited by BigShark; 12-04-2009, 07:10 PM.

Comment

I'll throw in the best one after the Norwich game

"Likewise Sousa can talk about building for next season as much as he likes, if we keep playing like this he won’t be around to see it however ridiculous we may think the idea of sacking yet another manager may be."
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by BigShark View Post

In fact seems pete and this guy actually agree. Yet one gets patted on the back and the other gets chinned.

Who is this reporter?

after Ipswich

"Therefore the system is too negative for home games and Sousa’s persistence with it despite draws against ten man Coventry, Reading, Watford and Burnley came back to haunt us on Saturday. As did his stubborn refusal to remove Mahon from the action, presumably because he though the crowd would destroy him as he went off. That should not be a consideration – even Mahon himself knew he should be going off and started trotting towards the touchline when the Miller sub was made"

before the Norwich game

"The R’s lined up in another new system. After 4-5-1 and 4-4-2 in the two away games leading up this fixture Sousa switched again to a narrow 4-3-3, eyes down for any line across, with Routledge playing behind a front two of Blackstock and Helguson. The usual back four of Connolly, Gorkss, Stewart and Delaney started in front of Cerny in goal. Sousa gave a first start in midfield to Spanish midfielder Jordi Lopez in between Leigertwood in an unorthodx semi-wide-left role and Miller on the other side."

Just out of interest, did the reporter follow up with multiple threads day after day criticing Sousa? Or did he just express an opinion as part of his report and leave it there?

Comment

I don't think he says anything different to me to be honest.

Though I could be wrong.

cheers bigshark, I;ll keep looking now;D;D;D
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by BigShark View Post

Who is this reporter?

after Ipswich

before the Norwich game

Go on then I will bite

Who wrote that?

Comment

cheese should be a clue.

I might take alook at my favourite site;D and hope Bigshark brings back more.

to be fair, I've only seen a report on te 1972 QPR Tv commercial to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                cheese should be a clue.

I might take alook at my favourite site;D and hope Bigshark brings back more.

to be fair, I've only seen a report on te 1972 QPR Tv commercial to be honest
                Still far too cryptic for me I`m afraid or am I missing something very obvious?

Comment

It comes from loftforwords.

Suddenly now the masses show up in arms, he suddenly forgot what he wrote and his followers also forget agreeing with him.

To be fair, I did go to Independent r;s, but the rants are consistent. Sack the board blah blah after each defeat. So, I can't really criticise them. We do know where they stand and have done for a number of years.

Comment

Q: Just out of interest, did the reporter follow up with multiple threads day after day criticing Sousa? Or did he just express an opinion as part of his report and leave it there?

A: I don't think he says anything different to me to be honest.

You really cannot answer a question straight can you?

Okay enough of this, I came on here looking to try and get some answers to reasonable questions from you, and you clearly refuse to answer. I think people will draw there own conclusions as to why.

Please delete my account immediately.

Comment

pete more than happy to oblige

let me take you back to Watford

"In the end though it has to be seen as four points dropped over Christmas and, for me, too many changes to the team spoiling the momentum the Preston win could have helped to build. The team selection against Burnley on Saturday will be interesting, almost certainly more interesting than this match."

bernie, I'm guessing the reports were up everyday to be read, doesn't matter if you comment on them or not.

Do pete and Northern not agree with each other? Are you saying, they have different opinions? If so, where

Please answer the question

tricky question and its "please delete my account".. in the words of bernies barnet o dear

Comment

thats a shame

Was hoping bernies barnet was going to answer at least one question.

He has now gone.

o dear

Comment

Christ, now you are criticising one of the best journos out there writing for the Rs.

If Pete had a fraction of the decorum and restraint that Clive exhibits day in day out, he may be qualified to join in this ridiculous criticism. Yes, Clive has watched as many (if not more) games than Pete, so he's seen and felt abject misery at what has unfurled in front of him, but he, at least, is intelligent enough to realise that Sousa's team was only as good as the parts that have been bought in.

As a coach, all he can do is get the best out of the tools at his disposal; when those buying the squad have decided to sign 8,432 midfielders when all we needed was a couple of strikers and a couple of full backs (as we all knew back in July last year), surely anyone with a quarter of a brain can work out where the problem actually lies.

The club is a joke and this site is pulling itself in to line once again...:bad_egg:

Comment

To be fair, I see no criticising.???

I see total agreement

Comment

Pete - can you actually sink any lower?

There's a world of difference between comments about a game and an orchestrated campaign..
                              Last edited by writtler; 12-04-2009, 08:32 PM.
                              "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                              QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                              Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                              Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Working...
                              X