Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Now lets judge Beckford..MERGED THREADS ON BECKFORD

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • silvercue
    Silver Seat
    • Mar 2009
    • 4704

    #61
    give it a rest - playing means nothing in terms of evaluating player skills. Some of the worst managers were great playes...like John Barnes.

    The worlds best managers were not. Do you need us to name them for you again? I can add some more in if you need me to.

    Your arrogance is ridiculous. Becuase you played football you know better then everyone else here?

    Your comments suggest you know far less.
    twitter @silvercue

    soundcloud

    Comment

    • Robsondinho
      Platinum Seat
      • Mar 2009
      • 12697

      #62
      Originally posted by paulmason
      if Newcastle buy him, he will be a premier league player next year, not league one and when he scores, Nodge will have to eat a hat as he foolishly boasted he would. I think you do t like him because you think you were better than him but he got a break and you are now bitter and twisted as far as he is concerned.
      nah not at all Im happy for him he got the break same as any non league player who does.

      I am NOT saying his rubbish his good at his level, all I am saying is his not quality. Dont get me wrong his record in league 1 speaks for it self.....when he scores that amount of goals for a top 5 prem side or in the Champions League I will call him quality.
      @chrisrobson9

      Comment

      • WeAreQPR12
        C Club
        • Mar 2009
        • 23558

        #63
        Silvercue you are not understanding what I am saying.

        Maybe try engaging you're brain before waisting my time.

        I never said you need to be the best player to be a quality manager.

        Wenger, Ferguson etc still 'PLAYED' football.

        They didn't have great ability but understood what is required to get the very best out of a player. U don't learn that by sitting there watching sky sports and eating pies.

        I agree great players don't always make good managers but when you train and play under different managers that can give you alot of knowledge about the game.
        I played sunday league football today.

        Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

        I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

        We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

        Comment

        • Magic
          Silver Seat
          • Aug 2009
          • 4736

          #64
          Why would he move? £££

          Comment

          • paulmason
            Banned
            • Mar 2009
            • 7443

            #65
            Originally posted by w12chris
            nah not at all Im happy for him he got the break same as any non league player who does.

            I am NOT saying his rubbish his good at his level, all I am saying is his not quality. Dont get me wrong his record in league 1 speaks for it self.....when he scores that amount of goals for a top 5 prem side or in the Champions League I will call him quality.
            So he has to score 20 goals for a top 5 side to ge good then ?

            Good job we never signed Kevin Phillips as he is pony.

            Comment

            • Goddard
              Silver Seat
              • Dec 2009
              • 4529

              #66
              Isn't the point being lost here, among the "I know my stuff" debates?

              He might not be good enough to play in the "Top 5 of the Prem", or the Champions League!
              But he is better than ANYTHING we have at QPR, including Simpson. (not a dig at him).. and anyway, he's still an Arsenal player.


              Far better, and would improve our team.
              Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM


              Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

              Comment

              • Robsondinho
                Platinum Seat
                • Mar 2009
                • 12697

                #67
                Originally posted by paulmason
                So he has to score 20 goals for a top 5 side to ge good then ?

                Good job we never signed Kevin Phillips as he is pony.
                Quality is the word we are using not good.

                I have said so many times in this thread he is good at his level....but quality he aint.

                again Drogba torres Rooney Ibrahimovic Villa are quality.

                Phillips, Beckford, etc etc are good at there level
                @chrisrobson9

                Comment

                • Rebel R's
                  King of Pessimism
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 12266

                  #68
                  Originally posted by WeAreQPR12
                  Oh Kitson is not quality?
                  i am 100 % certain that Kitson will NOT be signing for us in january window,but i agree he is quality,pity!

                  Comment

                  • Robsondinho
                    Platinum Seat
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 12697

                    #69
                    talking about the game...must see its getting tasty
                    @chrisrobson9

                    Comment

                    • themodfather
                      Silver Seat
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 4317

                      #70
                      forget beckford

                      never was going to happen and won't now...his goal and performance at old trafford has added a million £££ or 2 to his price....way beyond qpr.

                      Comment

                      • DeepcutHoop
                        Gold Seat
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 6965

                        #71
                        Originally posted by w12chris
                        Quality is the word we are using not good.

                        I have said so many times in this thread he is good at his level....but quality he aint.

                        again Drogba torres Rooney Ibrahimovic Villa are quality.

                        Phillips, Beckford, etc etc are good at there level
                        So your entire problem with this is your definition of the word 'quality'?

                        Jesus Christ.

                        The strikers you mention above are 'world-class'

                        Jermaine Beckford is a good quality striker, far too good for League One, and well capable of playing at Championship or even Premiership potentially.

                        The fact that Leeds are a big team means they have been able to keep him for longer than any other team at that level could have hoped.

                        He will play for someone better than us, probably very soon.

                        Comment

                        • silvercue
                          Silver Seat
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 4704

                          #72
                          Originally posted by w12chris
                          Quality is the word we are using not good.

                          I have said so many times in this thread he is good at his level....but quality he aint.

                          again Drogba torres Rooney Ibrahimovic Villa are quality.

                          Phillips, Beckford, etc etc are good at there level
                          dear, oh dear.
                          twitter @silvercue

                          soundcloud

                          Comment

                          • Tracy
                            Bronze Seat
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 380

                            #73
                            He just missed a sitter to put Leeds 2-0 up. What a waste of money

                            Comment

                            • Robsondinho
                              Platinum Seat
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 12697

                              #74
                              yer a quality striker would have scored that and won the game for leeds
                              @chrisrobson9

                              Comment

                              • Robsondinho
                                Platinum Seat
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 12697

                                #75
                                Originally posted by silvercue
                                dear, oh dear.
                                problem fella?? what in that aint true?
                                @chrisrobson9

                                Comment

                                Working...