Ben Watson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Watson

I appreciate that he did not have a great game but how many of our fans were begging for this guy to be signed up ?

Money does not grow on trees. Can I take it that those same fans think Watson is now a bad signing ? if so, discuss.

I think you can only play one of either Watson or Leigterwood in central midfield , as they are quite similar players and when they played together they offer very limited options , compared when one of them is paired with Faulin , Watson had a interupted start to his time with us due to his suspensions and I don't feel his has ever really hit any steady form , it's a shame but some signings you think are great , don't work out , ie , Tommy Doherty or Richard Langley's second spell

Comment

He looks uncomfortable playing for us. He is either being asked to play a way he isn't used to or more likely is that he is not in a "shop window" and doesn't feel he needs to mimpress anyone as he has a contract at Wigan

Comment

and I think Leigertwood had one of his best games for QPR today.

The guy knows how to strike a ball.

Watson is not looking worth a purchase at this moment but just goes to show our expert fans would have wasted the best part of £2 Million now.

Comment

don't think its about being expert fans...the watson most people on here know is a box to box midfielder...yet to see him used in that role....seems to be playing a role that is alien to him.

Comment

wHEN rOWLANDS COMES BACK THEN WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE MIDFIELD

SO IT MIGHT BE WISE TO SELL SOME
            WEST COUNTRY RANGER

Comment

Originally posted by frapps View Post
              wHEN rOWLANDS COMES BACK THEN WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE MIDFIELD

SO IT MIGHT BE WISE TO SELL SOME
              cannot see there being a problem....competition for places is always healthy and a good thing for the manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
                cannot see there being a problem....competition for places is always healthy and a good thing for the manager.

do we have to much talent to leave out
                WEST COUNTRY RANGER

Comment

Originally posted by frapps View Post
                  do we have to much talent to leave out
                  don't think we have that much actual talent....but cannot see new players coming in..so not wise to get rid unless more come in.

Comment

Watson is still better than any other midfield player at the club, inc Faurlin.

Sure, bad game but still well worth buying IMO.

Comment

not wirth the money imo... 2 decent games so far

Comment

if played how he should be...well worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                          Watson is still better than any other midfield player at the club, inc Faurlin.

Sure, bad game but still well worth buying IMO.
                          i do not think BW is better than faurlin, must say

Comment

I reckon those two soppy reds he got has smashed his confidence. He pulled out of a hatful of tackles since that last red.

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
                              I appreciate that he did not have a great game but how many of our fans were begging for this guy to be signed up ?

Money does not grow on trees. Can I take it that those same fans think Watson is now a bad signing ? if so, discuss.
                              begging? more like spun in a web and alot of people just wanted an end to the ongoing saga. Never see the bloke play for palace so never had an opinion. i cant understand why robbie savage was never considered

Comment

Working...
                              X