Just Back on the Island... Extremely Frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Back on the Island... Extremely Frustrated

Having just set foot back on the island, I have to say that Paul Hart is a very lucky man.

I suppose my frustration was compiled with waking up this morning to find that the tickets I had brought for some friends (they agreed to travel all the way from IOW today!), were actually for the Sheffield United game. I purchased the tickets around a fortnight ago, and stressed the exact seats I wanted for today's game. The frustrating thing is that I actually asked the boy on the phone to run back exactly what order he had put through... I felt that he wasn't listening to me and that's how it turned out. It meant we had to fork out a further £50 for 2 tickets that we had already bought, and the fact that we have now in effect paid double the price and still not got the seats that I wanted leaves a pretty bitter taste in the mouth. I'll be calling/arguing with the box office the next day they open, because I won't accept that... and our day started on an instant downer as a result.

Onto today's game, and I have to say it's one of the most boring games that I have witnessed this season. The positives from it was that Simpson was restored to his correct position - no surprise to see that he now scores again, and that Routledge was eventually moved onto the right wing, a position that he should play for every minute of every game IMO.

The opening few minutes were fairly even, I would probably say that Bristol City just edged it in all fairness. Simpson finished his goal well, but Leigertwood's goal was absolutely marvelous. Those were probably the two stand out moments in what was a scrappy first half.

The second half continued in much the same vein, and it wasn't a surprise to see Bristol City pull a goal back - in quite brilliant fashion too. It was nail biting stuff for the rest of the half, and how we managed to hang on throughout the following half hour or so I just don't know.

Looking over at the bench when Hart decided to make his substitutions, I actually thought Connolly would come on for Williams or Ramage, and mistakenly thought that Borrowdale was Rowan Vine. But to end the game with Borrowdale on the left wing, and Connolly in the middle was just ridiculous. I didn't (and never would) chant negatively at anyone associated with QPR, but there were plenty who did... and to be blunt you could fully understand where they were coming from, although I still don't see what good those chants can possibly do.

A few of them were -

"We're supposed to be at home!"
    "You don't know what you're doing!"
    "Boring boring Rangers!"

Again, as I have mentioned I wouldn't join in with those songs. But when you think about it, they are actually correct.

Is having 6 defenders the way to end a game when your at home? I don't think so.

Does Hart have a clue what he is doing? Playing probably the most gifted CB at the club in midfield, while that joke of a defender Fitz Hall starts in his place?! Again I don't think so.

Boring boring Rangers? 1000% spot on, a far cry from the mouthwatering football we were treated to under Magilton.

With regards to Paul Hart, I think I probably speak for the majority of fans when I say he wouldn't have been my choice. And yes on paper 4 points from Sheffield United & Bristol City is actually a fair return. But it's the performances that concern me - we won't win many games playing like this. Looking over at him towards the end, the message was clear with him waving his hands frantically over towards the Loftus Road end... the return of the dreaded 'hoof' ball.

Despite not getting the results at the beginning of his reign, I always felt (and said on here many times) we will win plenty of games under Magilton, and I think on the whole we did. It was exciting to watch, and you couldn't help but smile with some of the football we were seeing.

Now the shoe is on the other foot, yes we have got 2 fairly solid results under Hart... but don't be fooled, we will lose plenty of games with this negative mindset that he has. I think that a team getting booed off after a win probably tells a story of it's own without delving into the negative points too deeply.

Watching this QPR at the moment is boring the life out of me. I'll be there against Ipswich, but I'm really not expecting much :(

At last someone talking sense , football wise our peformance was dire today and the fault has to lie with the manager , what formation were we playing ? I think the Watson Leigterwood access is far too limited , we had no proper width and one up front at home , when PH decided to bring on Patrick Agyemang, I thought we might see Patrick up front with Jay Simpson , but I must naive to believe that was the way forward . The final subs were strange , PH decided to the team into sponge soaked the ball , the problem was that he had taken off most of the quality to hold the ball up for any period of time .
    The crowd booed when the Borrowdale headed for the corner flag because they knew , there was far too long left in the game to do that at that stage , when Leigterwood went do it the final minute of injury time , the crowd didn't boo as they knew the whistle was due shortly .

Some people will moan about the negative songs , but how else are people going to express there frustrations at a manager who got his team selection , tactics and subs totally wrong .

Four weeks ago fans left Loftus Road , disappointed not too win , but delighted with the type offensive football they saw against Coventry , today the majority of people will have LR wondering , was that only four weeks ago ?

Comment

Originally posted by CHOCKY View Post
      Four weeks ago fans left Loftus Road , disappointed not too win , but delighted with the type offensive football they saw against Coventry , today the majority of people will have LR wondering , was that only four weeks ago ?
      Great point you have made there.

Coming back from the Coventry game I was full of optimism. Yes we did only get a point, but the football was fantastic and we really did look dangerous. Playing that style of football, you would fancy us to beat anyone at home... I bet Coleman couldn't believe that they escaped without conceding a shed load of goals - let alone a point.

Today is a completely different story, even if we did get the 3 points.

The positive is that we have now got THAT win, and maybe we can push on and entertain etc again. But I just cannot see that under Paul Hart. He is more a 'get the job done' style of manager as opposed to one that wants his players to express themselves (which is just what we need with this crop).

Comment

Originally posted by SM1882 View Post
        Having just set foot back on the island, I have to say that Paul Hart is a very lucky man.

I suppose my frustration was compiled with waking up this morning to find that the tickets I had brought for some friends (they agreed to travel all the way from IOW today!), were actually for the Sheffield United game. I purchased the tickets around a fortnight ago, and stressed the exact seats I wanted for today's game. The frustrating thing is that I actually asked the boy on the phone to run back exactly what order he had put through... I felt that he wasn't listening to me and that's how it turned out. It meant we had to fork out a further £50 for 2 tickets that we had already bought, and the fact that we have now in effect paid double the price and still not got the seats that I wanted leaves a pretty bitter taste in the mouth. I'll be calling/arguing with the box office the next day they open, because I won't accept that... and our day started on an instant downer as a result.

Onto today's game, and I have to say it's one of the most boring games that I have witnessed this season. The positives from it was that Simpson was restored to his correct position - no surprise to see that he now scores again, and that Routledge was eventually moved onto the right wing, a position that he should play for every minute of every game IMO.

The opening few minutes were fairly even, I would probably say that Bristol City just edged it in all fairness. Simpson finished his goal well, but Leigertwood's goal was absolutely marvelous. Those were probably the two stand out moments in what was a scrappy first half.

The second half continued in much the same vein, and it wasn't a surprise to see Bristol City pull a goal back - in quite brilliant fashion too. It was nail biting stuff for the rest of the half, and how we managed to hang on throughout the following half hour or so I just don't know.

Looking over at the bench when Hart decided to make his substitutions, I actually thought Connolly would come on for Williams or Ramage, and mistakenly thought that Borrowdale was Rowan Vine. But to end the game with Borrowdale on the left wing, and Connolly in the middle was just ridiculous. I didn't (and never would) chant negatively at anyone associated with QPR, but there were plenty who did... and to be blunt you could fully understand where they were coming from, although I still don't see what good those chants can possibly do.

A few of them were -

"We're supposed to be at home!"
        "You don't know what you're doing!"
        "Boring boring Rangers!"

Again, as I have mentioned I wouldn't join in with those songs. But when you think about it, they are actually correct.

Is having 6 defenders the way to end a game when your at home? I don't think so.

Does Hart have a clue what he is doing? Playing probably the most gifted CB at the club in midfield, while that joke of a defender Fitz Hall starts in his place?! Again I don't think so.

Boring boring Rangers? 1000% spot on, a far cry from the mouthwatering football we were treated to under Magilton.

With regards to Paul Hart, I think I probably speak for the majority of fans when I say he wouldn't have been my choice. And yes on paper 4 points from Sheffield United & Bristol City is actually a fair return. But it's the performances that concern me - we won't win many games playing like this. Looking over at him towards the end, the message was clear with him waving his hands frantically over towards the Loftus Road end... the return of the dreaded 'hoof' ball.

Despite not getting the results at the beginning of his reign, I always felt (and said on here many times) we will win plenty of games under Magilton, and I think on the whole we did. It was exciting to watch, and you couldn't help but smile with some of the football we were seeing.

Now the shoe is on the other foot, yes we have got 2 fairly solid results under Hart... but don't be fooled, we will lose plenty of games with this negative mindset that he has. I think that a team getting booed off after a win probably tells a story of it's own without delving into the negative points too deeply.

Watching this QPR at the moment is boring the life out of me. I'll be there against Ipswich, but I'm really not expecting much :(
        Mate, i'm surprised by your post. From your reports i've read, you seem like one of the more sensible fans.

Paul Hart has got what the club needed today, a first win in weeks. It didn't matter how we got that win, the important thing was winning.
        It should now be a stepping stone to regaining the much missing confidence of the majority of the side,a return to early season form and maybe start stringing some wins together.

Considering Bristol are fellow play off contenders and our form is sihte, a proper supporter will be getting behind the manager and players, injecting confidence and then hopefully be seeing the improvements on the pitch.
        Players hearing songs like that when we are winning, will only drain confidence further. I can not think of another club in the country where i would have heard chants like that whilst their side is in front.

You say we won't win many games playing like this and your probably right, last minute equalisers will be on the cards. But, its a step in the right direction. We have taken 4 points off sides we are supposed to be fighting for the play offs with, whilst we aint been at our best. Does that not tell you something?

Magilton might of had us playing champagne football for two weeks, but when he left we were playing "cava" football. The players have still got the same skill and ability, they just need it bringing back out of them, by restoring confidence and moral.

Anyway, with confidence now restored into the boys, lets hope we get a mouth watering, free flowing 3-3 draw at portman road. I hate it when we win ugly, its boring.

ps, enjoy the sheff utd game

Comment

Great point you have made there.

Coming back from the Coventry game I was full of optimism. Yes we did only get a point, but the football was fantastic and we really did look dangerous. Playing that style of football, you would fancy us to beat anyone at home... I bet Coleman couldn't believe that they escaped without conceding a shed load of goals - let alone a point.

Today is a completely different story, even if we did get the 3 points.

The positive is that we have now got THAT win, and maybe we can push on and entertain etc again. But I just cannot see that under Paul Hart. He is more a 'get the job done' style of manager as opposed to one that wants his players to express themselves (which is just what we need with this crop).
          I think the problem under magilton was that we played some good football but we didn't get the results, we were underachieving and he was too hot headed, hence why he got the chop.

Comment

Originally posted by terry ball View Post

Paul Hart has got what the club needed today, a first win in weeks. It didn't matter how we got that win, the important thing was winning.

Magilton might of had us playing champagne football for two weeks, but when he left we were playing "cava" football. The players have still got the same skill and ability, they just need it bringing back out of them, by restoring confidence and moral.

Anyway, with confidence now restored into the boys, lets hope we get a mouth watering, free flowing 3-3 draw at portman road. I hate it when we win ugly, its boring.

ps, enjoy the sheff utd game
            Thanks for the comment Terry. Sorry I think you may have mis-understood my post.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, the win (no matter how it came) was of the utmost importance today. The positives that I didn't originally put in my post was the DESIRE and GRIT of the players shown today. It wasn't all bad, and I thought the majority of themselves really put in a shift today... something that the perhaps we haven't shown in recent games.

Again I completely agree with your ideas on what a supporter should be doing, and believe me I was singing as loud as I could, and I detest any negative songs towards the management or players.

As for getting these results under Hart, on paper it is encouraging. But (sadly!) I wouldn't fancy our chances of making the playoffs under him, and I think if you were being honest you may also agree? His substitutions/tactics are worrying.

The other thing I fear is that we won't have actually taken much confidence from today. With the booing/Rowlands scenario at the end, I can't exactly see us bouncing into the next game full of confidence... although with QPR you just never know.

Oh Ill also add the Sheff United tickets were for last weeks game :waaaht:

Thanks bud,

Comment

thats why i didnt go,i knew it would be crap:boss:

Comment

Thanks for the comment Terry. Sorry I think you may have mis-understood my post.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, the win (no matter how it came) was of the utmost importance today. The positives that I didn't originally put in my post was the DESIRE and GRIT of the players shown today. It wasn't all bad, and I thought the majority of themselves really put in a shift today... something that the perhaps we haven't shown in recent games.

Again I completely agree with your ideas on what a supporter should be doing, and believe me I was singing as loud as I could, and I detest any negative songs towards the management or players.

As for getting these results under Hart, on paper it is encouraging. But (sadly!) I wouldn't fancy our chances of making the playoffs under him, and I think if you were being honest you may also agree? His substitutions/tactics are worrying.
                The other thing I fear is that we won't have actually taken much confidence from today. With the booing/Rowlands scenario at the end, I can't exactly see us bouncing into the next game full of confidence... although with QPR you just never know.

Oh Ill also add the Sheff United tickets were for last weeks game :waaaht:

Thanks bud,
                With a squad as inbalanced as ours and with the injuries to mahon and rowlands, he didn't really have much choice than to bring connolly and borrowdale on. Ramage is a centre half who is played (and struggles) at right back, Legs played there for one game last season and everyone thought he was the nuts. We accept this and some even praise managers who are willing to try and make players more versatile.

The question i therefore ask is, why was putting connolly at centre mid and borrowdale on the left wing such a worrying decision for you? These are not completley unatural positions.

THe worrying thing is , the lack of quality and cover within the squad. Paul Hart can only play with the hand dealt. Until the glaringly obvious incompetence of the "legend" is addressed, we will be forever "worried" by strange tactics and substitutions

Comment

Originally posted by ROUTLEDGE FOR ENGLAND View Post
                  Many thanks for your input

Comment

Cheers SM, great report

Comment

Originally posted by ROUTLEDGE FOR ENGLAND View Post
                      too pished more like the truth

Comment

SM.. when I saw the title of this thread I thought......

That you'd not had a nibble for ages or had been stood up.......

Still, incase that is a problem for you young man then get yourself out on NY's eve as there's always plenty of ladies (or gents if you prefer!!) gagging for a bit of 'fun' at the end of the night!!

Comment

Good report
                          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                          X