Why was Fraulin dropped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was Fraulin dropped?

Am I the only one who was surprised that Fraulin was left out of the starting lineup last night? I could not understand Gallen and Bircham's selection, when by common consent, Fraulin was our best player against Watford and Leigertwood abd Watson played very poorly.

I accept that the team produced a fine "backs to the wall" performance last night, and that Leigertwood and Watson both played much better. I also acknowledge that Fraulin has attracted some criticism for his part in the events leading up to WBA's equalising goal. However, I still maintain it was a baffling decision not to start Fraulin.

The only reason I can think of, is that Legerwood was preferred because he is currently our captain, and our management team wanted a more defensive and disiplined formation.

However, I think Fraulin was very unlucky to miss out, and in my view is a must to start in central midfield next Saturday.

I heard he had a touch of flu.
    And a stupid haircut, to which Bircham took offence.

Wait until Ronnie and Reggie turn up, they'll have word in his shell-like about that.
    We'll have a team of baldies within a fortnight.
    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
      I heard he had a touch of flu.
      And a stupid haircut, to which Bircham took offence.

Wait until Ronnie and Reggie turn up, they'll have word in his shell-like about that.
      We'll have a team of baldies within a fortnight.
      I'm offended - you baldist. ;)
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

"our management team wanted a more defensive and disiplined formation"... I suspect that you answered your own question there?

Comment

I agree that tactics may have been behind the selection, but I hope we can all agree that at home to Sheffield United we must play a more offensive formation with Fraulin restored to central midfield.

Comment

Do you really think Gallen and Bircham picked the team ? More than likely the same as when Ainsworth took control and he was given the team sheet, which was different to the one Dowie read out 10 minutes earlier.

Also, Gallen and Bircham are not mugs and would not play Simpson on the left wing, so Tarabbt could play up front with Pat instead.

Comment

I was surprised to see him dropped.

Comment

Working...
              X