Discuss Ben Watson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discuss Ben Watson

Ben made his debut aged 17 towards the end of the 2002–03 season for Crystal Palace and become a fans favourite.

A player who QPR have been watching for a very long time and finally manage to to bring on loan from Wigan.

Many fans had high hopes but has he lived up to he's reputation?

strawberry blonde

Comment

by no means at all. this guy isn't even championship standard, the sooner we have him out of our team the sooner we start winning and moving back up that table!
      Everyday Plumbers Bristol
      63 Sommerville Road, Bristol, BS7 9AD.
      0117 239 1217
      http://redlandplumbing.co.uk/

Comment

Quality player who's form has been effected by poor management like the rest of the squad. His set-pieces are shocking and always were so that's irrelevant. He bossed the middle for Palace every time we played them and only the bitter Palace fans don't rate him now he's left. He's box to box and has a good range of passing. Put a decent player like Rowlands (those two worked unbelievably well together) or Mahon next to him, and you'll see very different level of form from him. Proven at Wigan in the Prem, so to say he isn't even CCC standard is a little blinded in my opinion.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Agreed I've said many times now how much I dislike hearing his name at the start of a game. He has offered nothing and although Hall and Legs and so many others have been poor at least they've been visible. We lost a key centre midfielder in gavin Mahon and replaced him with hot air.

If we do sign him for the 2.5 million pound that has been suggested that is insanity and will wind me up much more than the events of the last 2 days. Send him back to Wigan I only want loan players in if i) they're of better quality or ii) our squad is depleted. I think we have far better options in our squad for a centre midfielder aside from Watson and someone recently called for Connolly at centre mid which I don't think is a bad shout at all.

Comment

Yet another case of a good player looking bad playing for us.

Comment

Well he's considered a good player totally based on reputation. I think we should all be more focussed on the here and now instead of what he may or may not have done 2 seasons ago with a Palace side more interested in battering teams than playing football.

I can't stand him not only because he has let us down, played horrifically, dissapeared and made our best player have to play left mid, but he's managed to slip under the radar and will no doubt continue to play centre midfield until we either sign him or his loan agreement ends

Comment

Has this become a schoolroom rather than a message board

Discuss fitz hall

discuss Ben Watson
                Etc

its a messageboard people discuss what they want to they surely dont need to be set tasks
                its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                  Has this become a schoolroom rather than a message board

Discuss fitz hall

discuss Ben Watson
                  Etc

its a messageboard people discuss what they want to they surely dont need to be set tasks
                  Put your hand up when you want to speak.

Now go and stand in the corner. No milk for you.

Comment

People can discuss what they wish nothing stopping you from doing so.

This kind of lets people say a few lines on the person chosen rather than the same topics that are being discussed, you don't have to say nothing if you don't wish too Peter.

Last two days has all been about what's going on, how many threads have we had regarding other QPR players and I'm sure we have more than just the one.

I know I wouldn't want to spend 2.5m on Watson and would rather spend that money on a player who we really need, wouldn't you?

Comment

Watson is a good player, but apart from 1-2 games, has been very very poor.

Im willing to put it down to the off the field problems that have obviously been brewing over the past few weeks.

Comment

I am not giving an opinion on this thread it feels to much like homework
                        its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

There must be someone you'd like to discuss?

Comment

Square balls Watson, always passes sideways. Friend pointed it out and now I can't help noticing how crablike he is. First season here so time to improve, could be great in a few years. On current form I prefer Rowlands though - by a long shot.

Comment

send him back along with reid

Comment

Working...
                              X