Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headbutt or face in face, doesn't really matter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headbutt or face in face, doesn't really matter...

Obviously a headbutt is worse, but if Magilton was putting his face in Akos' face then that is also intimidating behaviour, and would be prone to an enquiry in any work environment. Can you imagine a manager doing that to an employee in an office? No.

So either way, Jim is in the wrong if this happened.

All in all, it is sad for the club. I hope the truth is found out and that we can move on and perform under whoever is manger.

how come the stoke players were not sacked then?after their confrontation at west ham

Comment

You mean the Beattie incident?

I've no idea. i guess as with lots of things, sometimes it gets reported, other times it stays in house more or less.

Comment

what about all the players that go face to face on the pitch they don't get sacked do they?

and for all we know buzz could of been the one that went up to jm first

Comment

Yeah i know that, in which case Buzz is at fault.

i think actions on a field of sport are different to other environments. However in the changing room, that's different.

Comment

no the incident between fuller and the captain on the pitch at west ham and 1 of them got sent off

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
              Obviously a headbutt is worse, but if Magilton was putting his face in Akos' face then that is also intimidating behaviour, and would be prone to an enquiry in any work environment. Can you imagine a manager doing that to an employee in an office? No.

So either way, Jim is in the wrong if this happened.

All in all, it is sad for the club. I hope the truth is found out and that we can move on and perform under whoever is manger.
              For the money they earn, I'd be quite happy for anyone to stick their face in mine once in a while if I was under performing. It's a man's game. It's full of passion, emotion, hunger and desire and if tempers run over because someone is not pulling their weight or doing their job well enough, then I for one can understand things like this happening. I've managed a Sunday team and even at that level chairs go flying.

What's a manager to do if a players is disrespecting him in front of the other team mates ( not saying thats what happened, just using it as an example ). Is he supposed to say " hang, don't move" while he runs up to HR to to get them to approve a written warning ?...rediculous

i think your comparison with the "normal" work place is way off the mark, and I think that what happens and is said in the dresing room should stay in the dressing room. Only my opinion of course.
              Fags n weed, glue n speed, but I draws the line at crack !

Comment

there all men supposedly in the changing room. Pity some are acting like spoilt little brats who can not take the flak they deserve after 2 woeful peformances
                Gerry Francis the greatest all round player to come from these shores:super_man:

Comment

how would you like your boss to shout at you then nut you?
                  would you take it like a man or think, hey..sod that what can i do?

as a player he can go to pfa, boardroom,his agent and/or press....press exposes the whole thing to a different level....imagine if buzza went to the sky cameras and gave them an interview seconds after "Incident??" what a coup!

Comment

I suspect this was the final straw.

I understand that this is football, but you lot need to move into the 21st century! Bullying is pathetic and an abuse of power. Saying someone should take it like a man is just thick. You can take so much but this is obviously insidious with Magilton.

If Magilton had a decent relationship with players, the occasional spat like this quickly gets forgotten. He has no relationship with some players, it seems, so he can't expect to get away with what Clough or Ferguson got/get away with.

Comment

Working...
                    X