Sack Pearson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sack Pearson!

Question: If you went on Leicester fans' boards and they were calling for Pearson's heads after successive 5-1 and 3-1 defeats would you think they were a bit OTT?
    Why doesn't the same logic apply to us and Magilton?
    We've had a good season so far. We've played some unbelievable football and we're going through a rough patch.
    Anyone who thought we'd go up in the automatic spots this season was fooling themselves. It takes at least one season for a manager to build a team. Most people, it seemed, knew the plan from the start of the season - be in or around the play-offs at Christmas and then reinforce the squad with quality in January. We're three points off the play-offs and five points off third place. I'm sure we'll get a few good uns in in Jan.

So,overall, I'd say things were going to plan. Of course, I'm disappointed and can't understand some of Magilton's decisions either but no one can deny he's had QPR playing football that I've not seen since the early 1990s.

What has chopping and changing managers brought us or, for that matter, any football team? Stick by Magilton and the players. They'll sort out their differences. The reported bust-up is good. It shows the players care. They'll come back stronger for it.

Cheers
    Bobbins

PS Hall has to go though!

But they are punching above their weight with League One players. We have a team full of players who are under performing not just this season, but last season as well.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Weve won 1 in 7, there record is much better than that.

Its not just about the last 2 games.

Comment

totally agree with bobbins.
        Dont buy this punching above their weight bit. Every team in CCC is there on merit. Leicester were puching below their weight in league one with a few CCC players, hence them walking league 1 last year. Their having a blip as we are. It will change for them and us. This is the beauty of CCC.!!!

Comment

Because as Morris says our record is 1 in 7 there is a lot better than that, they are also a lot higher in the league than us with smaller resources as a club!

Comment

Originally posted by bobbins View Post
            Question: If you went on Leicester fans' boards and they were calling for Pearson's heads after successive 5-1 and 3-1 defeats would you think they were a bit OTT?
            Why doesn't the same logic apply to us and Magilton?
            We've had a good season so far. We've played some unbelievable football and we're going through a rough patch.
            Anyone who thought we'd go up in the automatic spots this season was fooling themselves. It takes at least one season for a manager to build a team. Most people, it seemed, knew the plan from the start of the season - be in or around the play-offs at Christmas and then reinforce the squad with quality in January. We're three points off the play-offs and five points off third place. I'm sure we'll get a few good uns in in Jan.

So,overall, I'd say things were going to plan. Of course, I'm disappointed and can't understand some of Magilton's decisions either but no one can deny he's had QPR playing football that I've not seen since the early 1990s.

What has chopping and changing managers brought us or, for that matter, any football team? Stick by Magilton and the players. They'll sort out their differences. The reported bust-up is good. It shows the players care. They'll come back stronger for it.

Cheers
            Bobbins

PS Hall has to go though!
            after that post i think you do as well

Comment

take your point with your post and im certainly not joining the lynch mob to hang another manager really just to make us feel better for a couple of hours but what does concern me far more than the results is that the team just don't seem to care - losing a hard fought game where you play really well is gutting but at least it gives you something to build on. Jim, by contrast, seems to have lost the dressing room. not nec his fault, it might be the players own fault, but whatever it is something is clearly going v badly wrong behind the scenes as well as in front of them.

Comment

Working...
              X