James Beattie wants out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Beattie wants out

Following the big bust up between himself and Tony Pulis he will be looking for a move in Jan. Could be excactly the type of striker we need. Thoughts? Hang on where's my hard helmet as I know we are all steaming...anyway thoughts?
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Perfect
    :drunk:

Comment

Why thank you!

Comment

I though it said on SSN he apologised and everything was ok now?

Comment

Think wages could be an issue.Anyone any idea what he is on?.I imagine it's a fair whallop.

Comment

Fixtures

Table

Club Stats

Squad Profiles

Squad Selector

A-Z of Sports
            Related BBC sites
            News
            Weather Page last updated at 14:39 GMT, Tuesday, 8 December 2009
            E-mail this to a friend Printable version

James Beattie considers Stoke future over Pulis bust-up

Beattie did not train with the rest of the Stoke squad on Monday
            Stoke striker James Beattie is considering a move away from the club following a bust-up with manager Tony Pulis, BBC Sport understands.

It was alleged Pulis and Beattie had to be separated in the dressing room after Saturday's defeat by Arsenal.

On Monday Stoke said they would hold an investigation and contrary to reports, Beattie has not apologised to Pulis.

The 31-year-old has 18 months left on his current contract, having arrived at the Britannia Stadium in January, 2009.

He became a big favourite at the club when his seven goals during last season's run-in played a significant part in keeping the club in the Premier League.

606: DEBATE
            I think Tony needs to ease up a little on his authoritarian philosophy

randomanalyst
            And while he has only scored twice this season, in October's 2-1 win over West Ham, Beattie has again been a key member of a squad that currently sits in 11th, seven points off the relegation zone.

Beattie did not train with the rest of the Stoke squad on Monday, though he did spend around 30 minutes at the club's training ground before departing.

Todays date

Comment

If he doesn't stay at Stoke, Strachan is desperate to get him to Middlesbrough on loan in Jan and perm move if Boro go up.

Comment

Somebody in the Prem will go after him surely. West Ham needs strikers as do Burnley, Hull and Wolves.

He would be perfect for us but doubt we would go for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                  If he doesn't stay at Stoke, Strachan is desperate to get him to Middlesbrough on loan in Jan and perm move if Boro go up.
                  Boro have the parachute payments so are in a strong position to be able to get players in.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                    Somebody in the Prem will go after him surely. West Ham needs strikers as do Burnley, Hull and Wolves.

He would be perfect for us but doubt we would go for him.
                    West Ham are close to the precipice.....(sorry Hammer).

Ray of sunshine (in a David Brent sort of way) is that they stand to collect a pretty penny from both the FA and an insurance pay out when Dean Ashton confirms his retirement in the very near future.

Comment

I would imagine he will move to another Prem outfit in Jan if the relationship is soured. Can't see him wanting to play for us at the moment - he would hardly see it as a step forward!
                      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

No
                        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

No chance would cost to much for our board we'd rather take a gamble on the lad from gillingham unproven at championship level right up our street!!

Comment

Originally posted by scarface View Post
                            No chance would cost to much for our board we'd rather take a gamble on the lad from gillingham unproven at championship level right up our street!!
                            If only!!!

Players like Barnard, Hooper, Jackson, Beckford will never ever come here.......not whilst there are 34 year old carthorses in Palermo, Perugia, Catania, Atalanta, Reggiana, Pescara and Ancona's reserves looking for one last payday.....

Comment

Would be good, but he wouldnt join us!
                              Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Working...
                              X