Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Many players were not good enough and it's the same result this season....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many players were not good enough and it's the same result this season....

Last night was so poor, it was beyond a joke. It wasn't really a surprise when I saw the team.

We know the whole of that back 4 are not good enough. Ramage, Hall and Stewart have no composure and just panic playing aimless ball forward to an Agymang who for someone his size never ever wins a header. Borrowdale might look pretty on the eye with his passing, but his defending and pace are truly shocking.

Hall, I really give up watching and to think he was made capatin when Leigterwood went off was an insult to the fans.

Magilton is losing the plot. At least when Routledge is on the pitch we look creating something, but he gets taken off when we're 2-1 down.

Leigterwood is not a captain. He doesn't take the game by the scruff of the neck and is just not good enough. His touch, technique and distribution is so poor for a professional footballer.

We have big problems within our club I am afraid. Magilton clearly has favourites and players get treated differently. Magilton got his tactics wrong.

The full back issue should have been addressed in the summer as well as a big forward who can hold the ball up. We are missing a leader like Mahon and for the life of me I have no idea why Reid was brought in as well as Williams.

The loan players are proving to be a big problem. When we are on song, we look good, but when we are bad none of them have the b*llocks. There aren't many in our squad who I'd want in the trenches with me. Most of them lack bottle!
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Agree. Even though Faurlin has been a fabulous find centre midfield was never an issue. Of course we weren't to know that Rowlands and Mahon would get injured but when the club didn't re-sign De Carmine, when the sold off Blackstock and let Helguson go out on loan we were always going to be short upfront. We've been unlucky with injury and illness to Connolly and Gorkss' form has been up and down but the full back problem was never resolved.

Why wasn't an attempt to sign Shorey made? Why did we never sign Gunter? Both playing now for Forest who arguably could be Premiership footballers (ask any Burnley fan and they were rather have those two than Stephen Jordan and Tyrone Mears).

Comment

Tell you what guys - why not put cheeky offer in for the right back for Watford.18 year old - looks promising.

Last night we had no structure or back bone to the team.I missed the arm band change and agree - bit of a strange choice as captain.

Stewart hall - looked like Sunday morning footballers.I know Stewart won quite a few headers - but in general looked clumsy.Hall just looked shat.I agree with hammersmith - Borrowdale looks tidy when on ball but his defending and positional sense are extremely poor.

Trouble is - when we play the attacking footballers - teams will be worried - whether you like AT or not him Akos Wayne and Simpson running at you will always cause a problem.Yes - we are going to get found out - but last nights team would not have sent any fear into Watford at all - in fact they looked strides better than us.

We need to find a medium between our attacking play and our defensive responsibilites.But for that - we need some better defenders than the 4 on offer last night.

Also - maybe just me ...but i also thought Legs was awful last night.The odd run and tackle and that was it.I bet Faurlin was wishing he was back in Argentina.

Comment

Working...
      X