Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nicky Shorey - Better option than Tommy Williams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicky Shorey - Better option than Tommy Williams?

I notice that Nicky Shorey has gone to Forest on loan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...st/8376008.stm

Wouldn't he have been a better option at left back than Tommy Williams? Shorey was a class act in the championship when he last played here for the Fakes. Think we missed a good opportunity here.

We are eyeing up Gareth Bale, if Williams does not work
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
      Interesting. But surely Bale would only ever be a loan while you might be able to get Shorey on a permanent deal?

Comment

think Forest were after Bale (they have Gaunter (SP) the spurs right back on loan as well) think it'll all be down to dosh TBH as Bale V Williams is a no brainer if you ask me

Comment

williams is going to find it rough for the next month.. both fans and his ability wise..

shorey is a prem quality left back williams is not.

i think always with rangers if there is a cheaper alternative that can adequately do the job then we will go for them. we wont ever go all out for a player.

shorey is quite a vocal player aswell would have been a good acquisition!
          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
          Lovejoy: "No?!"
          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

I would rather have bale then williams, infact id also rather have Nicky Shorey than williams, just my opinion...

Thats a fantastic signing for notts forest!!!... Im jelous!...
            Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Dont see how williams is going to improve our defence.

Comment

we missed a chance there... boo to the club

Comment

I mentioned a while back that QPR should try and sign Shorey because O'Neill didn't rate him.

Williams was ok for QPR in the third division, and just because he played well against QPR for Peterborough, it doesn't make him a good signing at all. I will be very surprised if Williams does go on to play well and earn a contract in January.

If I was GP, I would get on the phone to O'Neill and try and do a deal to sign Shorey in January, like he did last season with Routledge.

Comment

Would rather have Bale then Shorey never have rated him

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                      so why didn't we just go for Bale in the first place!!!

we are in a sorry state regarding transfers, it seems to be all a bit "hit & miss" if you ask me

I'm not saying Williams isn't the answer or he will turn out & be a total waste of space but it seems to be "cheap option first" then if it doesn't work out "make some noises about a class player"

a bit like the forwards we have signed over the last 2 or 3 years really

Comment

PKLOFT - good post mate

Comment

shoreys ten times the player williams is. so is gareth bale. bale would be a strong addition to the team
                          This isnt just goodbye,this is i cant stand you!

Comment

Working...
                          X