Worst Performance..Of The Season By A Country mile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    Sorry, but to us all fellow r's that made the trip to Doncaster, the performance today was truly awful. Okay, during the course of the season defeats will come our way, but it was the manner of the performance which is alarming. We deserved nothing, and got nothing.

Firstly, I'm not sure we have to accomodate our loanees and expect them to be better than what we ;ve got especially when they only recently joined. Anyone advocating Williams over Borrowdale, better wish he doesn;t perform like this again. His style of whipping in crosses is not suited to our style of play and reminds me of the fella we looked at pre-season, that went to Birmingham City.

Stephen Reid should not have played today and I hope we did not play 1 up front to accomodate him either. I hope we don;t make the same mistake many clubs make in presuming because he is a premiership midfielder, that he should auotmatically play and it alarmed me he played for 90 miniutes over Faurlin, who because he is a lesser name gets subbed. He was our best midfielder.

Our players will come off the pitch today hardly sweating and could probably play another 90 minutes no problem. Not sure Flavio and his 8 guests will be happy and to be honest the 1500 travelling fans won;t be either. This was an inept performance and not good enough against an average team. Please don't be fooled by anyone who says we controlled the game, we didn't. One shot on goal only tells a story and it was a simple shot saved by Sullivan.

No need to change a winning team, unless you have injuries and today we tinkered without any good reason, apart from the fact we have 2 different names in the squad. The weather today was crap and so was the performance. It was a lazy performance from players to the management and no-one got it right. Our substituions after 62 minutes we were wrong and the very reason we are subbing Simpson is beyond me, but maybe we are getting him to run his socks off being the lone man up front. That formation amazed me today and something that I have been very critical of in the past, our wide man were isolated and played too deep. This was hopefully a blip, because if we play this too many times away reminder of the season, dreams of a play off spot will be an unrealistic dream.
    that's the beauty of picking & choosing your games

feel for the fans that travel up & down the country following our team "you pays your money you take your chance"

that's why those dropped points at the start of the season were so important! where some were saying "it'll come good" yes it has, but those 6 dropped points (at least 6) could come back & haunt us at the end of the season, we could have been & should be in the top 2 even with the loss yesterday.

I've said for at least 2 years now we need a Quality striker, no I'm not digging Simpson or the likes out, but it proved once again when the going get tough our squad is lacking, i mean come on, the pelican for Christ sake........
    break the frigging bank in January & BUY a quality frigging striker to play alongside Simpson, or it's going to be "same old same old" I'm afraid :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
      I do not like the sound of Williams whipping crosses into no one....I'll give him 3 of those next week before serious abuse starts to fly!
      To be fair though, he's come from a club that likes putting balls into danger areas. As we have not got a goal poacher and only score 20 - 30 yard belters, it looks worse than it is. If we had a striker who thrives on crosses (eg: Dex) it would be the right thing to do. We haven't and so good balls into a danger area do not look as good as they actually are.

Comment

And pretty soon we'll have Cook whipping in the crosses as well...
        "Originally Posted by qblockpete
        QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
        Swansea will finish in bottom 6
        Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Pk, its very hard to pick and choose, with our lack of consistency you never know when we are going to win.
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

we were terrible

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
              Pk, its very hard to pick and choose, with our lack of consistency you never know when we are going to win.
              exactly Pete, without knowing it you've hit the nail on the head, the squad is just not as good as some think it is, that's where the inconsistency comes in, granted the injuries haven't helped one bit because with a fully fit squad we are as good as any in this division but without the likes of Mahon & Rowley some players might feel a bit too comfortable for their own liking

just a right back & a centre forward needed......................still

Comment

Is it me or is it everytime a large following of QPR fans get to the games the team plays poorly! Yesterday, Leicester...allways seems we do the hard work to attract people to the games then it all go's #### up!..
                Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Working...
                X