Supporters With Children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supporters With Children

Are you finding it easier this season to convince your kids to support QPR??

It must have been tough over the last few years??
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Still a struggle for me......

It was far easier for me - top flight team that finished in the top half year after year....and it was local - just a jump on the 237 or 30 mins on the tube and loads of other kids at school were R's.

Very different now - we live out in Essex - none of the kids at school are QPR fans - the media have polarised the top 8 sides in the Premier League over and above anything else. The kids in his football team replica shirt split is as follows (from 11 kids) - 4 Chelsea, 2 Arsenal,2 Liverpool, 2 Man Utd, 1 Spurs. This is mid Essex - traditionally West Ham hunting ground. Gone - probably for good - AND - not 1 local side represented either. This is replicated across swathes of junior football in East London and Essex and I presumed across the country.

QPR do register on his horizon though - he notices on Sky Sports that we keep winning by lots of goals and he recognises Taarabt through Spurs and his Match Attax cards and loves Buzz - his goal against Forest last year really registered with him and I wasn't permitted to take it off the planner for yonks. I take him along whenever I can and he does enjoy it. Sneakily I think he does have a soft spot - but would never admit it in front of his friends or me!

Irks me a bit but I always promised that living where we do, he'd have his own free will. If QPR great, if not c'est la vie....
    Last edited by Nodge70; 16-11-2009, 03:00 PM.

Comment

He's getting much more into it now.

He wears kits to school and club training and will tell anyone with a Premier League shirt that he actually GOES to games...

We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

I have no problems with my daughter, she lives with her mum and step dad who is a Chelsea fan but she has no problem in telling him she supports QPR!!! Luckily since she has been coming we have managed to win a lot more than we have lost...

Comment

children in Ireland only support Man Utd,Arsenal or Chelsea.My son adores Man Utd and iv taken him to a few games(old trafford),he thinks QPR are crap and is always slagging me over them:(

Comment

Not had children yet but I think I will beat it into them to support the hoops
            @chrisrobson9

Comment

wanted to go with all his friends to Charlton a few years ago when they was in the prem (they run a free bus through Kent picking up ST holders) and i stopped him and started taking him to QPR instead...wasnt to pleased at first and took a lot of grief at school but now.......payback time

Comment

My son's a good supporter - hooked for life now, despite his mum and all her mob being Arsenal season ticket holders.

Biggest problem for me is trying to convince him (he's 15) that QPR fans are not all m0rons who boo their own players, and occasionally chant the names of Nottingham Forest footballers.

Been a bit easier in the last few weeks though... especially as a lot of his mates support Ipswich.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
                  children in Ireland only support Man Utd,Arsenal or Chelsea.My son adores Man Utd and iv taken him to a few games(old trafford),he thinks QPR are crap and is always slagging me over them:(
                  My son was the same until i took him to Loftus Rd the day we beat Plymouth 3-0 to go top of the league..been a big fan ever since..

....knew i would never take him to old trafford

Comment

Must admit, I found it easy when we were the top London club. Anyone who has children born between 1996 and 2006, would have found it mighty difficult to persuade their kids to support QPR
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Oh dear Matthew, I don't blame Ireland... I blame the parent who failed to do his job

Comment

My son adores Man Utd and iv taken him to a few games(old trafford),he thinks QPR are crap and is always slagging me over them:(
                        Tell him he is adopted, that should shut the little insolent b*gger right up
                        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                          Oh dear Matthew, I don't blame Ireland... I blame the parent who failed to do his job
                          I know,i have left him down as a parent,god knows why he would want to support Man UTD,the boredom of watching them win the league every year,very predictable.We,on the other hand are as unpredictable as hell,you would imagine every child would want that:what:

Comment

One word No, don't think either one of them would change to QPR :cry::very_sad::very_sad:
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

My boy is dye in the wool QPR, has no option, he has watched some ****e though and is enjoying this season a lot esp.away as loves the singing and banter
                              From the Hills of Kerry
                              To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Working...
                              X