A time to consolidate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A time to consolidate.

I know I'm going over old ground,possibly in the vain hope that someone at HQ might listen,but with us being in 4th place and only 4 points off an automatic promotion place surely its time to consolidate our position by strengthening our forward line.An injury to Simpson would set us back big time and he needs support up front even if he stays fit.Some-one who shall remain nameless,hinted at the end of last week,that a player - probably a striker may be joining us by today (Wednesday).A new face did arrive on the scene in the shape of a left back from a team currently without a manager and in rock bottom position in the division.Names like Hooper,Best,Ellington, McClean etc have been banded about but nothing seems to be happening.With no games for the next 10 days,an opportune time presents itself to get a loanee in with a view to a permanent move in 2 months time if he proves suitable.

We've got plenty of goals in the team.

Clubs wont; get rid of goalscorers until January at the earliest.

cannot believe some are adovcating Ellington, what a waste of space
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Nathan is the type of striker we need and that is why his name has been mentioned. He HAD pace power and finishing however he seems to be very religious now and I think it has messed with his game. I would give him a wide berth. For me that type of player who is similar and could do a job that we require is Leon Best. IMHO he has the assets that makes him a must. He also won't fall over in a slight breeze like Blackstock and has good ability with the ball at his feet so will suit Jims style.
      Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 11-11-2009, 11:19 PM.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Agree, Best is a good player.

nathan Ellington has grown a massive beard since the last time, he played professional football and simply would not be good enough.
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Hed be clean through at goal and stop and get his prayer mat out and start praying once a game.
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Yeh I agree best would be a good signing. Ellington is pony...

Comment

My coventry mate imforms me that we are in for Best,which wouldnt be the worst thing in the world,not the best either,but better than Ellington

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
                I know I'm going over old ground,possibly in the vain hope that someone at HQ might listen,but with us being in 4th place and only 4 points off an automatic promotion place surely its time to consolidate our position by strengthening our forward line.An injury to Simpson would set us back big time and he needs support up front even if he stays fit.Some-one who shall remain nameless,hinted at the end of last week,that a player - probably a striker may be joining us by today (Wednesday).A new face did arrive on the scene in the shape of a left back from a team currently without a manager and in rock bottom position in the division.Names like Hooper,Best,Ellington, McClean etc have been banded about but nothing seems to be happening.With no games for the next 10 days,an opportune time presents itself to get a loanee in with a view to a permanent move in 2 months time if he proves suitable.
                gee

as pete said clubs wont loan out there goal scorers

hooper will make the difference between them staying up or not so unlikley they will loan him out to us

vine was surplus to requirements at birmingham so we brought him on loan intiatially with view to permanent transer

hopefully we may have a surprise tommorow as petes latest is on

Comment

may i just say that it would would rather marvellous for us rangers fans if mr mittall decided to splash out a bit on players??

Comment

Originally posted by rblockells View Post
                    may i just say that it would would rather marvellous for us rangers fans if mr mittall decided to splash out a bit on players??
                    IF we get promoted,that could happen but while in this division it wont.I assume you mean spending £ 3-4 million on a player,just cant see it.

Comment

Working...
                    X