Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever feel bad sacrificing your family for football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you ever feel bad sacrificing your family for football?

Just going through a "crap dad" moment after a bedtime conversation with my eight-year-old.
    She: "At weekends its always football, football, football, never us. Then when QPR lose you are in a really bad mood and won't play with us."
    Me: "OK darling, I promise this weekend I will devote myself to you. I won't go to the Rs. I won't even listen to them on the radio. I'm yours. How about that?"
    She: "Oh really? Do you promise? Oh thankyou, daddy."
    Cue: sweet scenes of daughter hugging dad, but dad feeling a bit of a fraud as he's already sussing out travel for Donny and Watford... :eyes_droped::eyes_droped::eyes_droped::eyes_drope d::eyes_droped:

no, QPR are family as well and need equal love and devotion, see you at Donny and Watford!!!!!!!!!
    From the Hills of Kerry
    To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

those with kids have all been there just don't shatter her illusions and make this w/e great for her (and you)
      oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Or you could make it very dull and boring, which means she won't want to spend another sat with you and free's you up to watch the football
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

My other half is very understanding. Luckily, I was able to bring the kids up supporting QPR, not they have grown older with family and kids, its now me on my own most of the time.

Only difficult time tends to be Boxing Day, when the family want me around.
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            My other half is very understanding. Luckily, I was able to bring the kids up supporting QPR, not they have grown older with family and kids, its now me on my own most of the time.

Only difficult time tends to be Boxing Day, when the family want me around.
            Very similar to me, but I mucked up big time this year as I misread the fixture list and told the missus that we didn't have a game on Boxing Day it was on the 28th. So plans were made and then my eldest and nephew said they wouldn't be there as they were at Rangers and my error was found. Needless to say I am not the most popular son, brother, husband etc at the moment.
            RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

im at FB boxing day,to be fair normally only do the sales so not a problem.
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

yeah mate

know what i mean

innit bruv

Comment

Only the missus really gets ****ed off with the football, my sons come football with me n love it and on the Sunday I make sure I always do somethin with my daughter like pictures or something. As for being ****ed off when we lose, that can't be changed lol.

Comment

like strainrod i also get in bad form when we lose,and probably take it out on my kids.I was watching the QPR V Leicester game recently on Sky with my 10 year old and he was really winding me up,when we went 2-1 down he started celebrating,i was really ****ed off,well suffice to say he has not been fed since,little ****er!

Comment

i think a talk on the importance of football is needed

Comment

No rangers means as much to me as my family they should be proud that i love them just as much!!!

Comment

Football has always been a priority. I've been quite lucky in any relationship that women 'like' my love for football. Most saying things along the lines of 'it's good to have something else in your life' and 'you need things to get away from this or you'll get bored'

Of course, this probably translates as 'thank christ for that...I get a break every Saturday to sleep with the postman'

Either way...I get to see the Rangers, so there is a happy medium.
                          Your mum would love me...

Comment

everyone knows its QPR,beer,then family

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                              Football has always been a priority. I've been quite lucky in any relationship that women 'like' my love for football. Most saying things along the lines of 'it's good to have something else in your life' and 'you need things to get away from this or you'll get bored'

Of course, this probably translates as 'thank christ for that...I get a break every Saturday to sleep with the postman'

Either way...I get to see the Rangers, so there is a happy medium.
                              @chrisrobson9

Comment

Working...
                              X