Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Back.. Delay Because Catching A Cold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Back.. Delay Because Catching A Cold!

Definitely not the swine flu, just in case I get asked not to post for fear that anyone else might catch it.

This game was pretty even, we had the first 10 minutes, until they scored. To be fair, when it was 1-1 they should have gone ahead. We played nice intricate football at times, but it has to be said Wednesday towards the end of the half were the better team. The first 15 minutes of the second half definitely belong to Wednesday, and it was the only time the crowd got behind them and they hit the post and were pressuring us. The turning point of the game in my view was the substitution of Faurlin, who came on started to win balls and spray the ball nicely around. After about 60-65 minutes our fitness was starting to tell, we had made the Wednesday players run around alot and Routledge was starting to burn down the right. Anyone who has advocated Tommy Spurr, might have to review that, because he is not 90 minute fit and the last 20 minutes everytime Routledge got the ball, he was roasting the left back. We all thought our best chance had gone, when Watson missed an absolute sitter, but with time running out we won a corner and it goes to show, what a good delivery can do, as Gorkss rose above everyone to bury the ball with about 8 minutes to go. We had created half chances, but they tended to be at wide angles and not directly in the box, so it was a relief to get the victory.

We were never in real danger of conceding late on, as Gorkss and Connolly were dealing with all the high balls into the box, as it was simply Sheffield Wednesday running out of ideas

Legiterwood did get done for pace a few times and Hall does not look comfortable, and in a way on todays performance, it worked in our favour that Connolly came on. He calmed things quite a bit. It was a surprise to see Ramage start left back but to be fair he got forward alot during the game. Man of the match for me was Gorkss, who simply won everything. Tarrabt's pass for Simpson's goals was World class and he was a threat all afternoon. The times he finds Routledge or Simpson with a killer pass, is increasing each game they play together.

One note of caution, at times we did look vulnerable at the back. The midfield get forward so much, that sometimes we lack bodies in our own box, when a move breaks down.

Have to say, it seems QPR play with a freedom away from home and probably don't feel the same pressure when some fans at home get on there back, a fact born out by the fact we have won 4 away games out of the last 6, it also compares favourably with our away performances from the last couple of seasons. Sometimes, you have to win ugly and thats what we did.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Cheers pete, winning ugly is what good teams do, 3 more points and we sit pritty in 4th...

Shame for Watson he couldnt convert that chance! I have a feeling though he is gonna really shine soon and just needs a little more time.

We need to shake this Home thing, although our home record isnt THAT BAD!!! It could be better, we need to really get behind the lads, we seem to say this every week but if we want our form to continue we must be a 12th man in a positive manner!!!
    Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Nice one pete.
      They seek him here.................

Comment

Good report, thanks. U prob caught swine flu from all those wed muppets.

Its odd about home form. Actually feel more confident of three points @ donny than home 2 coventry

Comment

Stain I feel the same.
          I don't think our small pitch does us any favours.
          We have pace and good movement in the side, yet it can get rather congested.
          I know we have played well at times, ie preston but when sides play 5 in the middle and press high like leicester then we could have problems.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

it will be hard to play like we do away because of the small pitch. it does us no favours.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              Good report, thanks. U prob caught swine flu from all those wed muppets.

Its odd about home form. Actually feel more confident of three points @ donny than home 2 coventry
              Same as, although our home record isn't that bad, 1 loss since March, just got to convert those draws to wins.
              Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
              -----------------------------------------------------------------
              https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

We ground out result yesterday. It was good to see us winning like that because we can't play sexy football and win convincingly every game.
                First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

cheers for the report mate, very happy this morning... just dissapointed we have to wait 2 weeks for another game :(

Comment

The way we play is more suited to playing away we've seen that recent wks, teams attack more when at home that is fact and we can hit them on the break with our quick passing and pace.

Dont think its a case of fans getting on the players back at home thats an excuse,leicester played us of the park and we should of beat palace comfetable if our finishing was better and their keeper wasn't inspired.

Comment

we dug in..watson missed a chance and we hit post
                      they hit post 2wice and put pressure on....
                      we took our chance from gorkss...

we used to roll over with these games...

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                        Definitely not the swine flu, just in case I get asked not to post for fear that anyone else might catch it.

This game was pretty even, we had the first 10 minutes, until they scored. To be fair, when it was 1-1 they should have gone ahead. We played nice intricate football at times, but it has to be said Wednesday towards the end of the half were the better team. The first 15 minutes of the second half definitely belong to Wednesday, and it was the only time the crowd got behind them and they hit the post and were pressuring us. The turning point of the game in my view was the substitution of Faurlin, who came on started to win balls and spray the ball nicely around. After about 60-65 minutes our fitness was starting to tell, we had made the Wednesday players run around alot and Routledge was starting to burn down the right. Anyone who has advocated Tommy Spurr, might have to review that, because he is not 90 minute fit and the last 20 minutes everytime Routledge got the ball, he was roasting the left back. We all thought our best chance had gone, when Watson missed an absolute sitter, but with time running out we won a corner and it goes to show, what a good delivery can do, as Gorkss rose above everyone to bury the ball with about 8 minutes to go. We had created half chances, but they tended to be at wide angles and not directly in the box, so it was a relief to get the victory.

We were never in real danger of conceding late on, as Gorkss and Connolly were dealing with all the high balls into the box, as it was simply Sheffield Wednesday running out of ideas

Legiterwood did get done for pace a few times and Hall does not look comfortable, and in a way on todays performance, it worked in our favour that Connolly came on. He calmed things quite a bit. It was a surprise to see Ramage start left back but to be fair he got forward alot during the game. Man of the match for me was Gorkss, who simply won everything. Tarrabt's pass for Simpson's goals was World class and he was a threat all afternoon. The times he finds Routledge or Simpson with a killer pass, is increasing each game they play together.

One note of caution, at times we did look vulnerable at the back. The midfield get forward so much, that sometimes we lack bodies in our own box, when a move breaks down.

Have to say, it seems QPR play with a freedom away from home and probably don't feel the same pressure when some fans at home get on there back, a fact born out by the fact we have won 4 away games out of the last 6, it also compares favourably with our away performances from the last couple of seasons. Sometimes, you have to win ugly and thats what we did.
                        doubt anyone will catch it from a msg board !!! lol

Comment

I thought we played alright. I was well pleased when Gorkss headed the winner he deserved that. For me he looked solid all game

Comment

I thought the turning point of the game was them taking off Johnson he was causing Legs a lot of problems.Think we need to look for two decent fullbacks as the ones we have are not good enough.They both had problems yesterday against average players IMO.

Comment

A few players need games, Legs and Watson spring to mind. Not sure that Legiterwood is the best right back in the league, but he is normally one of the better tacklers we have.
                              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                              X