Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR line up bid...

From the Mirror...

QPR are lining up a £250,000 bid for Peterborough captain Russell Martin.

The defender has been brought to the attention of Rangers boss Jim Magilton after being recommended to him by assistant John Gorman.

The former England coach knows Martin from his days at Wycombe.

Martin, 23, plays as a right-back and captained the Posh to promotion to the Championship last season in his first season at London Road

Any truth in this? Maybe Ramage leaving? Don't know why we need a right back with Legs so good there, its left back where we are weak.

Sounds good to me
    Now, Then, Forever
    [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      From the Mirror...

QPR are lining up a £250,000 bid for Peterborough captain Russell Martin.

The defender has been brought to the attention of Rangers boss Jim Magilton after being recommended to him by assistant John Gorman.

The former England coach knows Martin from his days at Wycombe.

Martin, 23, plays as a right-back and captained the Posh to promotion to the Championship last season in his first season at London Road

Any truth in this? Maybe Ramage leaving? Don't know why we need a right back with Legs so good there, its left back where we are weak.
      would he be that cheap,unless his contract is up in june?

Comment

Does sound cheap, don't know anything about him - presumably we saw him against us earlier this season but don't remember him. He has been made captain and was also player of the year so for a young player he must be at least quite good.

Comment

Well Ramage is leaving (or listed) so i guess Martin fits the bill.

Comment

I thought that report had been denied???

Comment

Dont know anything about him tbh. I would like to see us go for Angel Rangel from swansea, attacking right back
              CHAMPIONS
              Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

Originally posted by hermitage10 View Post
                Dont know anything about him tbh. I would like to see us go for Angel Rangel from swansea, attacking right back
                r martin is a left back not right back FACT!!! i was see him play week in week out at wycombe for 3 yrs :waaaht:
                WE ARE QPR

Comment

Any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodfell_R`s View Post
                    r martin is a left back not right back FACT!!! i was see him play week in week out at wycombe for 3 yrs :waaaht:
                    What's he like????

Comment

We do need a natural right back, go get him I say! And a striker and some cover for left back... We'd be sorted

Comment

Thought Tommy Williams was their left back?.

Comment

Russell Martin is a natural right back but is very verstile and able to play anywhere across the back four or in the holding midfield position.

Handy Championship player and only 23. Not convinced he would cut the mustard at a higher level though.

Comment

I saw Russel Martin two times for Wycombe.. fantastic player and i reallly hope we could do a deal here !!

And hes a right back.
                            Last edited by qpr; 08-11-2009, 12:47 PM.
                            Under Les Ferdinand:
                            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

He's a right back. Definitely not a natural left back but like Connolly can play left back.

After finding Faurlin I am happy to trust JM/JG's judgement.

Comment

Working...
                              X