X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC highlights

Routledge really should have scored...
    Taraabt should have passed...
    Vine's shot was the best save from Speroni...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pr/default.stm

damn, missed highlights.

player running through one on one just before half time, beat the keeper but went just past the post - been meaning to ask, was it simpson or routledge?

Comment

Routledge. I've pasted the link below so you can watch it unless you've run off to the continent or beyond.

Comment

the save from Vine was class

unfortunately

(cheers for the link)
        Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Looking at that again, didn't realise our defence was so bad!!
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            Looking at that again, didn't realise our defence was so bad!!

Will you ever admit that BORROWDALE was a bad Gianni signing???????/
            From the Hills of Kerry
            To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Originally posted by The Merry Ploughboy View Post
              Will you ever admit that BORROWDALE was a bad Gianni signing???????/
              Better than Delaney I think we'd all agree. Not world class though
              Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Borrowdale is a Premier League quality passer of the ball, and managers need players that fit what they are trying to do. We want to be apassing team, we need to have 11 players wh are comfortable on the ball or it doesn't work. Defensively, Borrowdale is average at Championship level, but his positive points are superb. Even my dad pointed him out on Tuesday as a player he thought was good, and my dad won the Hants Senior Cup (beating Pompey and Saints along the way) as a centre half.

The problem was Hall. He is not good enough.

Routledge's miss was a shocker. The keeper even made it easy for him.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                  Better than Delaney I think we'd all agree. Not world class though

You think wrong.

Better passer? Yes
                  Not a better defender.

Someone who can defend properly, and pass would be nice.

Comment

I think Routledge's miss was poor and demonstrates why he is not a striker.

Taarabt was greedy and should have played a quick 1st time pass to Watson to score in an open goal.

Speroni's save from Vine's effort was great and he has made this type of save now in the last 4 matches between the sides that have all ended in draws.

Borrowdale, apart from his passing and of course, being cheaper, is not better than Delaney.

Comment

I take it you don;'t know much about football?

if Borrowdale is not better than Delaney, than I'm a scotsman
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

routledge should have scored, either go round goalie ( and the defender touches him, pen and red card) or with a better shot.

speroni made 3 good saves...THEY hit the post twice.
                        don't assume we'll win games by turning up.
                        we have had a great spell but only 1 loss in 5
                        palace have had 1 loss in 8...draw seems right and i loathe palarse

Comment

It was a lot closer than people are making out. We need to deal with set pieces, we looked a shambles at corners especially. Radek might wanna help out a bit more, he seems reticent to come for much. Hall can't head a ball, typical tall bloke but no real heading technique problem. Gorkss cannot be everywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                            I take it you don;'t know much about football?

if Borrowdale is not better than Delaney, than I'm a scotsman
                            Well you must be half Scottish then. Because you're actually half right.
                            Or half wrong - depending on which way you look at it.

Because Borrowdale is NOT a better *DEFENDER* than Delaney, or many other left backs in this division. He's a League One standard *defender*, at best.

As a footbaler, he's plenty good enough. Nice touch, nice short passing.
                            I'm talking about basic, bog standard, defending.
                            He lacks pace, aggression and above all - positioning.

Seperate his defending from his passing, and you might see things a bit more clearly.
                            And take away the "Sousa Didn't Like Him" bit as well... that might help too.

Comment

Originally posted by volpone View Post
                              Routledge really should have scored...
                              Taraabt should have passed...
                              Vine's shot was the best save from Speroni...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pr/default.stm
                              I start hating this etiquette, DID YOU WATCH THE ACTION RIGHT????
                              he couldnt pass it because when taarabt kicked the ball the keeper and the defenser were front of the other QPR player, how he passes it !!? you said this because you saw that QPR player free AFTER the action not before RESEE it again to see what I mean. Adel took the right decision and the ball cleared front the line by a DEFENDER what ELSE!?
                              didnt you realise the early passes of ADEL ??? they were a clear goals but Whyne and the other player missed the goal... IF I WERE TAARABT I would NOT pass it after that at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X