Madges Subs.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madges Subs.....

A little bit odd taking off our goal scorer and most creative midfielder and our two best chances of winning the game?

Overall I thought we played well yesterday and possibly deserved all three points up to 6th which is a positive but I really did expect more out of the last two home games.

Still this is the Championship anybody can beat anybody, if at the end of the season we are still 6th and in the play offs i would be delighted.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

yes i thought tarabt was playing well, albeit selfishly and looked our most likely goal scorer. don't know why watson was allowed to take that free kick in the first half rather than him when he had scored against derby in an identical position. I'd have gone hell for leather and taken borrowdale off - that or Watson or Buz who offered v little.

Comment

At the time I was a bit bemused but I thought that Dave and Vine both did very well when they came on a mixed the game up a bit. Also proved that we need a decent striker with a bit of height as Dave is not good in the air but he was able to offer more than Simpson against the 'Beast' Davis.
      RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        yes i thought tarabt was playing well, albeit selfishly and looked our most likely goal scorer. .
        Surely this is a joke.... Taraabt should have been taken off 30mins earlier. Last night he was not only a liability by continually losing the ball in stupid places, but to say he plays for himself and not the team is about as much an understatement as saying the antarctic's cold....

He barely passed all night, next to none of his tricks were coming off, yet he still persisted trying and failing instead of passing when players wer queuing up on the edge of the box on more than one occasion. It got to the stage that when he did occasionally return a pass the receiving player (notably one occasion on the h/way line with Routledge) where he just didn't expect it and subsequantly lost the ball.

He is a very good player on his day yes, but when it isn't working you also need a football brain which he sadly lacks. He was annoying other players, particularly Buz who had a go at him one time in the second half.

What's worse from a tema point of view, is that he's not a good finisher,more often than not he is way off the target. I would much rather he on occasion gave the ball to the likes of Buz who can actually shoot.

I was more annoyed with Madge for taking Buz off so soon after Dave and Vine came on as he wasn't given a chance to play with them. The change in the team was evident and there was a massive lift, suddenly we had some cohesion as opposed to a break where the ball ends up with Taraabt and goes no further.

Comment

Del very good post and I agree with everything you say.
          However... you will get stick for this post but it is very honest and you couldn't of described the game any better.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
            I was more annoyed with Madge for taking Buz off so soon after Dave and Vine came on as he wasn't given a chance to play with them.
            Buz was hobbling for a few minutes before he was subbed.
            Not too bad, but definitely took a knock.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbo View Post
              Buz was hobbling for a few minutes before he was subbed.
              Not too bad, but definitely took a knock.

That's fair enough then. I did wonder if he may have had a knock as it seemed a strange decision, but couldn't see from where i was.

Comment

i was suprised to see hogan come on.. felt he got kicked about alot.. for the remaining minutes maybe gaz would have been better off playing? i mean he would give us a committed battling performance with some aerial ability
                Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                Lovejoy: "No?!"
                Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Buzz got taken out quite badly after he had played the ball near the half way line,wasn't given because Palace then very quickly fouled someone a bit further up the pitch.
                  RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    Del very good post and I agree with everything you say.
                    However... you will get stick for this post but it is very honest and you couldn't of described the game any better.
                    Cheers. I think some people are taken in by the tricks and don't see what's staring them in the face sometimes, which is lack of product that brings nothing to the team, not always but too often.

What is really annoying with him, is that if he played for the team did the odd trick to skin someone when needed then get his head up, like Henry used to so well, he would become so, so much better than he thinks he is now.

It happened with ronaldo at Utd. When he came he did 300 stepovers, which may have looked great in highlights on tv, but without end product provide nothing to the team. Fergie changed his mindset, which is why he's the manager he is and gets the best out of players, and Ronaldo became 10 x the player he was.

Comment

When Taarabt came back into the team after he was booed, he played as part of a team which is why we went on such a good run. He has scored two good goals and played well but unfortunately he has reverted back to thinking he is the team.

A few games on the bench will do him no harm to realise he plays for QPR FC nat Adel Taarabt FC.

Comment

Sorry guys - but have to disagree with that.

Yes he can be greedy, but we look a different team when he is NOT on the pitch - and not for the better either. AT makes things happen

By far and away the best rangers player on friday night, won us the penalty last night, put routledge clean through for THAT one on one and was very unlucky not to score when he dinked it over Speroni, only for Hill to clear off the line.

Should never have been taken off. Watson and Simpson should have gone off, Buzz into middle alongside Faurlin, Vine put wide left and Adel up front with Agyemang. (Or vice versa, Vine and Adel) I know we created some late chances, but think we would have won if AT had stayed on. The games was there for the winning

Comment

taarabt in build up play is a good player. but all that counts for nothing when he messes about with it in the final third.

has he ever got the ball and not tried to put it through someones legs or start doing pointless stepovers.

if he released the ball more often we would have a better chance of scoring.

it seems he has a very poor attitude. he thinks he is god on the pitch. this was shown with his previous antics

maybe our management team are too scared to tell him in fear of losing him. id like to see what harry would say about his messing about.

Comment

I agree with the posts on here is so frustrating to watch but could have created something towards the end, i think Buz should have gone off before he did. Not sure how long he had the knock for but during the whole game i cant remeber him passing to one of our players, i think he is a quality player an certainly shows it but i have noticed this in the last few games that he looses the ball constantly from misplaced passes

Comment

To be honest i would of got vine or pat on earlier we looked light weight upfront last night simpson wasn't holding the ball up and routledge aint a forward he's better our wide which was proved when he went out their.

Taarabt is greedy and you can see the others players getting the hump with him the longer the game goes on. He seems to want to do it all on his own not a team player. Yes we all know he can do unbelieveable things but he's got to learn to pass when others are in better positions.

Comment

Working...
                              X