Can we afford two luxury players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we afford two luxury players?

Tarabt and Buz? I'm starting to wonder if one of them needs to be sacrificed down to the bench, at least until we start playing with more confidence again. It is all very well having these fancy ball players but if you can't first get hold of the ball there isn't much point. I'm one of Buz's biggest fans but he massively frustrated me last night for the second match running: he just trundles around the pitch and doesn't close players down.
    I know this probably won't be popular but if Mahon is fit for Shef Wed I'd be tempted to start with him in midfield and drop Buz to the bench. Dropping Buz before seemed to shake his ideas up - why not try it again?
    Teams are starting to suss us - they are packing the midfield with hard men and two games on we haven't come up with much of an answer.

We had this exact discussion in the Conny last night, although we said three and included Routledge. Too many times last night Adel and Routs were more interested in beating all the players in front of them and not playing for the team, in fact Buzz seemed to be getting the hump with them. But we finally agreed that these are the sort of players that get us on the edge of our seats and therfore it is worth playing our way than anything resemblings Colin's bunch of ponies.
    RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Like you I am divided and agree these are the kind of players that get you along, but Tony Currie had Gary Waddock alongside him. The frustration is that a manager like Alex Ferguson wd force these show ponies to play for the team but although Magilton has done well in subbing and dropping star players my impression is he still needs to do a lot more work, really bang heads together and leave them in no doubt that if they are earning ten grand a week they have to play for the team.

Comment

Drop Taraabt without a shadow of a doubt. Plays for himself not the team and very rarely passes to players in acres of space becasue he wants to try and nuts another player or do a trick in a stupid place. Lost the ball countless times last night, shot an missed when others were better placed and when the tricks aren't happening, he doesnt change his game and was infuriating others on the pitch.

Buz didn't do much wrong last night from what i could see. He passed it simple when needed and was chasing and tracing back, the main problem was he hardly ever got given the ball.

Comment

Working...
        X