Colin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin...

Anyone wish we'd got him in as boss, after watching his latest hoof-tastic effort down W12 way??

More than a few wanted him as our manager in the summer, on here.
    He's a Grade One c***, and always will be.

Good for a laugh in post-match interviews though.

Same goes for Olly.

Comment

Say what you like about him but he's a quality CCC manager. A knob, but quality nevertheless so I stick by my initial opinion. He gets teams out of this division. He has had a far worse team than us since he took over at Palace and when they've not finished above us, they've not been many points behind. It's a results game and he knows how to get them.

This is not only a matter of opinion, but a fact.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Also a no-nonsense manager. He'd rather give youth a chance than an under-performing, over-paid seasoned pro like he did when he bought Bostock and Scannell in a few seasons back. You have to earn a right to play for him. Sure, he likes a certain type of player but it works. Dirty as they may be, they are physical and that's something we lack in a big way. 1 big hard CB and another in the middle is just a crucial as having a Gorkss or a Buzz. What Sean Derry lacks in skill, he more than makes up in pride and effort...something many of our lads lack at times. I know many won't agree as stubborness is a wonderful thing but if Neil Warnock was our 'grade A ****' we'd see what he actually has to offer. He switches tactic to suit. Did you expect him to try and play our lot off the park? They'd have not stood a chance.

We were the home side...a side full of flair. They were the away side and although they rode their luck, they still stole a point from us.

I know who the happier team was last night.

Comment

I have to agree with Benny.
          I don't like the style of play but he is a proven manager and knows how to take teams up.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

It's not about "stubborness" Benny. He does have his "qualities", of course... but I honestly hate the way he does his thing, his tactics, his cheating... and the way all his teams play.

For the record, he's had just ONE promotion from this division is his entire 28 year career, and that's the only promotion of any kind he's had in the last 14 years. So I don't buy this theory that he is worth the cheating and thuggery you get from him and his teams because he almost guarantees promotion.
            The way he came out and defended Chris Morgan for his assault on Ian Hume was the final straw for me, an utter disgrace.

Doesn't make me or you right about him.... because it's a subjective thing.

But I'm not after convincing anyone that he's a Grade A c***, just stating my personal opinion of the bloke, as a manager of football teams.

Comment

not a big fan then Robbo??? - Although a good CCC manager...i too do not like him,his style of play and just him in general.

Post match interviews...Olllie made me laugh and sometimes cringe.. abit like watching Mr Bean

Warnock's post match interviews remind me of my father in law...not a good thing !!

Comment

He's a playground bully!
                Happy as larry when he and his team get away with thuggery but blubs like a big kid when they are on the receiving end of the same. Id rather play like we did against Derby once every three or four games than like his lot do every game.
                He's a coq!
                2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Whilst I don't particularly like his style, he is loyal to his club and their players, always gives and demands 100% and gets results.

I wouldn't have had any problem with him being QPR manager

Comment

not in a million years.
                    one promotion in all that time isnt too impressive either.

The style of hoofball would have you screaming to bring back the Portuguese Lad. :byebye:

Comment

Originally posted by Robbo View Post
                      It's not about "stubborness" Benny. He does have his "qualities", of course... but I honestly hate the way he does his thing, his tactics, his cheating... and the way all his teams play.

For the record, he's had just ONE promotion from this division is his entire 28 year career, and that's the only promotion of any kind he's had in the last 14 years. So I don't buy this theory that he is worth the cheating and thuggery you get from him and his teams because he almost guarantees promotion.
                      The way he came out and defended Chris Morgan for his assault on Ian Hume was the final straw for me, an utter disgrace.

Doesn't make me or you right about him.... because it's a subjective thing.

But I'm not after convincing anyone that he's a Grade A c***, just stating my personal opinion of the bloke, as a manager of football teams.

Robbo, he's a good manager...not a nice person. His teams always seem to end up in the mix and he does that without spending millions or needing a team full of Taarabt's and Buzz's. I never said I liked him either...I just think It'swrong to knock him as a manager.

Comment

Working...
                      X