Football food /merged thread/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football food /merged thread/

I'm actually in an ok mood after tonight but I wanted to get this winge in..

I ordered a pie, bottle of beer and a bovril for my old man...the woman rung it up and it was £7.60. She was like...thats got to be wrong and rung it up again..this time it came up as £15.20 (she hadnt cleared the last input)

Tried once again and it WAS £7.60..even she was shocked...best part of a tenner for a bottle or beer, a pie and a bovril. She was almost apologetic that for the small amount of grub and 2 drinks i had that it was so much..i think she even said "sorry".

Way way way too expensive!

Rant over

Play-off final against cardiff here we come!
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Sounds right.

About £3.40 for a beer,about £2.60 a pie i think.Then the Bovril.

Still expensive though.

Comment

It's a joke.. I work in the kiosk things at Brentford and it's £1.80 for a small bottle of water????

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
        Sounds right.

About £3.40 for a beer,about £2.60 a pie i think.Then the Bovril.

Still expensive though.
        we get those beers for under a quid..same as those pies....pie should be £2 max, beer should be £3 (£2.50 ideally) max..and i can just about cope with a quid for a bovril.

Comment

Originally posted by Nik29 View Post
          It's a joke.. I work in the kiosk things at Brentford and it's £1.80 for a small bottle of water????
          Same price at Rangers.Coffee and tea are £1.80 as well.

Comment

its the same a most grounds

dont think its anymore expensive than anywhere else

we may buy the beer in for a quid but we cant expect them to sell it back to us at that price

Comment

£2.50 or £3 max is ok

Comment

Costs £4.10 for a pint of Peroni in The Stinging Nettle so it's cheaper than that.

Comment

Costs £4.10 for a pint of Peroni in The Stinging Nettle so it's cheaper than that.
                  i would smash the bottle over the landlords head if he tried to charge me over 400% on what he MAX pays for a bottle of beer. Mind you, generally, and i can say this having dealt with landlords for three years whilst working at the biggest booze company....they are pr1cks who have as much business nouse as gordon brown.

Comment

try wembley stadium. 8 quid for i think 4 chicken dippers with a drop of salsa

Comment

That is a pint though Scott,not a bottle.Still dear though.Cost's around £3.20 for a Stella in most pubs.

Originally posted by NW9_RANGER View Post
                      £2 for a KitKat.

Comment

thats pricey

Originally posted by NW9_RANGER View Post
                        thats why everyone gets pis$sed up before hand

my flat right next door to the arena and when something going on at the stadium beer cans all over the streets

nice..........::shocked:

Comment

Sorry about that mate.I'll try and find a bin next time.

Comment

Sorry about that mate.I'll try and find a bin next time.
                            it goes with the territory i suppose

im about 200 yards from the bobby moore statue so it has to be expected i guess

ps - find a bin next tin lol
                            Last edited by Receed R; 04-11-2009, 02:54 AM.

Comment

I always seem to get offered the tray with "food free of charge" and the beef in yorkshire pudding is highly recommended
                              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                              X