Play-offs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play-offs

We'd have taken that before the season started at this stage.Wednesday is a 6 pointer with out a doubt BUT our home form is dire...we need to sort that out and it looks like we're getting there.

Can we still dare to dream?

Be interesting to see what the board do in January..
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

depends where we are in jan

if we are in the top 6 still i expect a decent amount of cash spent on new players

Comment

Think full backs and a striker are our priority's.

Quite happy with the rest of the squad.

Think Simpson needs competition.Always helps raise a player's game when he knows there is competition for his place in the team.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
        We'd have taken that before the season started at this stage.Wednesday is a 6 pointer with out a doubt BUT our home form is dire...we need to sort that out and it looks like we're getting there.

Can we still dare to dream?

Be interesting to see what the board do in January..
        not me mate, thought at the start of the season we would add quality to the squad which would have made us a top 2 side, still think with a few additions we can make it, all down to the board & how they see it come January.

don't like the play offs one bit, a complete lottery, only guarantees you a great away day and a packed LR (which ticket prices would be £30-£35 minimum)

and if we get past the semi's, then another great day at wembley which could end up very sour indeed, don't think i could take another day like Cardiff :devil:

buy quality in January & we won't need to worry about the "play offs"

Comment

I agree,think we should be aiming for top 2,this is possible if we spend on quality in january.I think we need 4 players,2 strikers and 2 defenders,then we will give ourselves a chance.I cant get too excited about 6th spot when i feel we should be pushing for 2nd spot,and victory tonight would have put us within 2 points of it,2 points dropped,not a disaster but not to be celebrated either,we must aim higher.

Comment

you get dont get in the playoffs by getting in the top 6 in nov this team is still a long way off of finishing in the the top 6 and one point from six at home certainly aint enough for a team that will finish in the top six at the moment we are still just an average mid table team yeah we have had a couple of good wins recently but all sides have a little run like that. so most of you need to get your heads out of the clouds and get back down to the real world.

Comment

Scott - no game is a "6-pointer" in November.

pkloft - don't agree that playoffs are a lottery, a lottery is pure chance, playoffs involve one team beating another at football. Don't even think penalties are a lottery-again, football skills decide the outcome.
              Having said all that, I don't want playoffs either! The ol' ticker might not stand it!

Comment

Sheff wednesday is a big game!!! We need to try and pull away from this chaseing pack!
                Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

we are going up and you lot need to be a bi t more optimistic
                  WEST COUNTRY RANGER

Comment

Based on the current squad, I'd say we need:

Left Back (bless him, but Borrowdale isnt the real deal)
                    Right Back (Legs is a good stand in, but he's no Bardsley)
                    Centre Half (Stewart/Hall not up to much, need a partner for Gorkks)
                    Striker (Permanant signing of Simpson and/or Adel, plus one)
                    QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

To be honest Clunge, when you go into a sensible mode, you really do talk sense and I agree.
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        To be honest Clunge, when you go into a sensible mode, you really do talk sense and I agree.
                        Its not farkin rocket science, is it?
                        QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered View Post
                          Sheff wednesday is a big game!!! We need to try and pull away from this chaseing pack!
                          And keep pace with the front runners - as is mentioned we have just dropped 5 points in the last 2 games and are still only 6 points off the leaders!
                          Remeber reading at the start of the season how those teams relegated last year would romp away with the league - well they are at the top end but haven't yet broken away so we MUST hand on to their coat tails.
                          #standuptocancer
                          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Clunge View Post
                            Based on the current squad, I'd say we need:

Left Back (bless him, but Borrowdale isnt the real deal)
                            Right Back (Legs is a good stand in, but he's no Bardsley)
                            Centre Half (Stewart/Hall not up to much, need a partner for Gorkks)
                            Striker (Permanant signing of Simpson and/or Adel, plus one)

I to agree with Clunge........:amazing:
                            They seek him here.................

Comment

Working...
                            X