Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are We In A Position To Keep Young Talent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are We In A Position To Keep Young Talent?

With the Big 4 always nosing around, are we able to keep them? Its okay asking the club to improve the youth set-up, but is it inevitable if a kid has tremendous talent, that he will see the bright lights and move on
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Pete you promised me that we wasn't a selling club anymore, so whats going on?
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Simply answer at the moment no. If a big prem league club comes in for a young player its no different to a pro wanting to go, parents push the issue but if a fifteen year old has a chance to play for say Spurs or QPR 99% will choose spurs, they can offer better facilities and coaching time. A major help would be to reinstate the academy that way our kids play the top teams week in week out, but still you'd lose out even though these kids will have a better chance of playing for say QPR than of Spurs.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        Pete you promised me that we wasn't a selling club anymore, so whats going on?
        At that age, you can't stop it. Can't sign a pro contract and a fee will be decided at a tribunal. It sucks mate, but it's how it is.

Some see the fame and money before the career. Not all moves are that way inclined, but some are. Let's hope this kid stays, but the early signs aren't too possitive for us.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Its a sign of the times as much as anything else. The chances of bringing an outstanding talent like Gerry Francis , say, through the youth system to the first team is probably a thing of the past.

Comment

Working...
          X