Why We Will Be In Contention..By The End Of Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why We Will Be In Contention..By The End Of Season

One defeat should not take away the fact, that our club will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. It is a worry, what happens if we don't go up, as many of the players we see now will either want to move to premiership clubs or because they are loanees will want to better themselves elsewhere. For the moment, its been an exciting mix of great performances and winning some games that we never expected to win as in the case of Cardiff City away.

These attacking players will score goals, we will have little runs where we don't get the rub of the green and matches that we will win, when we won't deserve too and it will all be down to one bit of magic. We have assembled in the short term a team which can beat the best in this league. Don't think any other team have the inidividual players we have, its just we need to show more determination and concentration at the back and that will come. Even, though we got beat at Home, thats the first time since March and we have not become a bad team overnight, its simply one of those things we have to take on the chin. I wouldn't be surprised that we may even get a draw against Palace, but the season is not won or lost in October or November. I'd exepct the financial muscle to be flexed in January, with targets being sought now to strenghen our current squad for a big push from January onwards. This month we don't have many games and you would expect us to keep tabs with the front 3-4 and then December is a big month, where the buzz will be who we are going to sign and no doubt the league will start to take a better shape. Many teams started the season off well are now dropping off, just look at Coventry City and in the next two months, you will see more drop away and that should be teams Like Blackpool and Swansea.

I fully expect us to be in touch over the Christmas period and even though you always get one two teams come from the clouds to challenge, I think being there or therabouts come January, the push from us for promotion will really start to happen. I'm not happy about getting beat, but this league is like that and will need much more consistency, but I suspect that will come. its encouraging that Magilton feels that we have more improvement to come and I think other teams should be worried, not us. I would like to see an alternartive way of playing if we are getting marked out of the game, but I am sure that will come. We have strength in depth which we did not have before, Faurlin (who did not play well against Leicester) has played really well, so too as Mahon and they were not even out first choice midfield 1 month ago. All teams go through a period of bad results, we have to make sure that this one game was a blip and not find ourselves losing many points over the next 4-5 games, I am sure we will not let that happen

The only worry and this where I think it will be addressed, is that if we get an injury to any of the so called front 4, we don't have much of a back-up and thats why its important to get it right. many fans have written Cook off, but we are screaming for a natural left footed player and I think after January you will see the best of him and with a couple of front men additions, it will make us a very strong force come May.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

agree - but i do believe defence is an area that also needs to be addressed and although Borrowdale has improved - we still need better full backs....

Comment

Pete - I agree on the whole. Nice post. In my opinion, we need to be aware mostly of:

1. Legs is not a midfielder who can work in the way we want to play football. He should play right back.
      2. We HAVE to keep width or teams will pack it out like Leicester and we won't be able to get through.
      3. We have to play quickly, on Friday we were Italian style slow and it is easy to defend against.
      4. We still need someone like a Fryatt.

Comment

Thought we might get by with what we got . It seems now we need F/B and C/F
        Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

There is little competition for the centre-back position, this leads to complacency, we need to bring in an established center-back to compete for that position. Before anyone brings him up, Matt Connolly is best suited at right back, as he has stated himself.

Comment

agree rangers roar - but this is also the reason we need full backs as i dont think there is any competition there esp left back...

Comment

Matt Connolly, in my opinion, is a superb centre half and should stay there. Where did he state this himself?

Also, any news on his fitness?

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
                Matt Connolly, in my opinion, is a superb centre half and should stay there. Where did he state this himself?

Also, any news on his fitness?
                I think you will find it in one of last seasons programmes, in one of those question and answer things.

Comment

I agree Pete, but i am concerned we are not learning very quickly from our errors.After JM rant eariler on in the season, about thinking we can turn the style on when we want. This defeat as i saw it, wasnt as such individual errors like Cerny's kick, Stewpeas lossing his marker and Furlin passing not being as good as prevoius game.

My problem is to a man Leicester wanted to win more than us and to a man they worked harder than us, if we had match them like we did against Reading and Derby then we would have won (Hats of to them they played well).

I have no doubt that we have the talent not only to come in the top 6, but also to win this league. However i am still to be convinced that this team has the will and determination to do it week in week out. When the rain starts, the pitchs get heavy, the cloggers start kicking and the form dips, without the focus, the will and deterination that needs to be installed i do expect to see a 5 to 8 game run with out a win and i wpold expect to stay around 8 to 11th all season.

The likes of Mahon, Watson and Rowlands will in this department can not be under estimated, i think the next couple fo games are big for us, becuase if we dip a fall lower, some peoples will to win will wain even further. People say nothing is lost in Oct / Nov, you tell that to Liverpool etc.. they will disagree.
                  One for all.... and all for one

Comment

To win any championship in any sport you have to have consistency otherwise you will not win it.

I mentioned in another thread that we have the chairman, the finance, the budget, squad, the manager but if you don't have that consistency you won't get anywhere. I think if we do fail to win promotion, a lot of player will leave for the premiership and I don't blame them as it is a short career, however, there are always other top players we can bring in so i'm not to worried about that as other teams manage and do better.

Comment

Connolly is back training, target is after International break.

Balanta has just had an operation, month away.

Cook should make his awaited come back in reserves late November.

Mahon is out for Tuesday. Watson will be back.

Hall will replace Stewart by all accounts. Reason is vague, rumour is Stewart is unwell, don't know how true but do believe Hall will come in Tuesday.
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I agree we now have a squad that should be good enough to at least get in the play offs.

Yes we've scored lots of goals in recent wks and won a few games dare i say games we should be winning against the likes of barnsley,derby and reading and good wins against cardiff and preston.

What worries me is the defence we've started letting in silly goals the first against derby when we switch off and both the other night should of been stopped a free header in thr six yard box and the second was awful by cerny and he has previous for that preston away last year anyone......

We've got a tough november and december coming up playing the likes of boro,wba,sheff utd and bristol city come the turn of the year we will see how good we are it's time to bounce back on tuesday.

Comment

Stewart looked completely out of sorts on Friday. An illness might be the reason, although you'd have thought if it was that bad he might have flagged it up to the management... Connolly back soon would be immense. Cookie would also provide more options, and I think Hogan would prosper in this team. Interesting times ahead... Will we buy in Jan, I wonder...

Comment

We need Connolly back, we need Ramage out the team...
                            Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Left back cover/competition?
                              Zilch, right now.

NEEDS addressing, more than anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X